HAPPY 4000TH EPISODE!

Guest James Martin

I can't believe they cut it. Especially as the language in Neighbours has recently become harsher. (Even though the BBC and Five are two different channels). Lou and Harold were talking and Lou swore twice in the same sentence, and the other night Boyd used 'bloody.' They're not major words but it seems rather stupid for 'tosser' being missed out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about everyone else but I would consider the word 'T***er' to be quite a strong swear word. I was quite shocked when I heard Ric say it when I saw a clip of it. Although, in the end I guess it's all down to opinion because as far as I know there isn't a swear word dictionary or severity scale.

Was I hearing things or did Kim not call Scott a tosser a couple of weeks ago when Scott got drunk at Noahs and was being horrible to Hayley. I cant remember the exact episode but it was the one where he ended up punching Dan in the mouth (dans stag night episode?) I was sure I heard it but may have been mistaken. In any case, I think its a pretty mild swearword and am surprised it was cut out of todays UK episode. Imsure it will be intact on RTE next Tuesday though. Look forward to seeing it.

I'm sure either Alf or Irene said "bugger" the other day. As in "bugger lugs". And it was left in. I have no idea why they cut "tosser". Is it offensive? Not where I come from.

I did wonder why everyone looked so shocked and Morag yelled at Ric for doing nothing.

Was a great episode especially the speech, bobby's theme and the montage. Should have ended with Alf walking out the door though.

I loved the episode! I've always loved the way H&A doesn't let it's characters drop off the planet when they leave; they're actually mentioned occassionally, just like they are in real life even if they live in another city or whatever. They even come visit every now and then : shock, horror!

Did anybody else sense that Sally & Alf's speeches had more than a hint of Kate & Ray about them & they didn't have to try very hard for the tears?

It was so heartfelt.

Yup, five just had to do it, it's not like it's a real swear word, they can't leave f*** all alone. I've e-mailed them about their pathetic treatment of Home and Away in the past, but it seems they don't take many comments on board, they just log them on some board & forget them. I've always moaned @ them to do Promos, instead of their Family Affairs s****. I'm so glad that programme is ending next week. :angry:

Archived