The Book Thread

MarMar

Oh a great book i recently read-it sounds a bit feminine but i would recommend it to anyone as it's not-Ps I love you. I will have to get back to you on the author, but it is superb!

Liam :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'PS I love you' is great but I was a bit disappointed with the follow up. It was good but a bit too light and fluffy for me. Haven't read Cecelia's latest one but I've heard mixed reviews.

Ma, you should give Marian Keyes a go. Her books are quite girly but in a good way, not shallow or anything like some women's fiction. 'The other side of the story' is good, as is 'Watermelon' and 'Sushi for Beginners'. Your course sounds fantastic by the way, those are all my favourite books!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love PS I love you. I've just finished reading one of her other ones too. I loved that one too. I have managed to read both of the books in 24 hours.

I work in bookstore (which was a stupid idea on my behalf since I love books) In the last month I've read "Everyone worth knowing" by Lauren Weisberger, "Wish upon a star" By Olivia Goldsmith, "Further under the Duvet" By Marian Keyes and the Cecelia Ahern book. I've just started reading a book called Nicholas.

Man, I talk crap. Rant over.

Everyone's talking about the Shadow of the Wind. I'm not convinced. Yet.

They are?

I always seem to miss out on the big news in the book world - I picked up Da Vinci Code in July 2004 as I thought the cover looked good! :lol:

Everyone's talking about the Shadow of the Wind. I'm not convinced. Yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are?

I always seem to miss out on the big news in the book world - I picked up Da Vinci Code in July 2004 as I thought the cover looked good! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm like that as well! I love going to the biggest book shop in the city and look at all the pretty covers. I guess I'm a bit shallow. :P

Yes, it seems as though The Shadow of the Wind's a big hit right now. It's been selling like crazy in Norway at least. As have Dan Brown's books.

Archived