The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My aunt reads more than me, she must get through about 10 books a week, I can't remember a time when I haven't seen her with her nose in a book, LOL, and she is also quite a quote nut, she always says - "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." I think she's right.

I'm off to bed now, to read a book too, LOL. night.

I'm reading "If on a winter's night a traveller" by Italo Calvino. It's kind of confusing at the start but i can't put it down all the same! I have to stop and think for a while though *scratches head* :P Very good.

My favourite book of all time is "A Time of Angels" though, it's brilliant. Doesn't have a main topic though it's about: War, peace, love, hate, magic, religion, food and the Devil. Not really things you expect to see side by side. I love "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli as well!

x

I've been recommended "A Boy Called It" and the two other books by Dave Pelzer,  a true account of his life being held prisoner by his family, and his ultimate escape from it.  My cousin says you can't put it down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its quite hard to read when you know that it actually happened. The poor kid, I don't know how he survived it all.

Archived