The Book Thread

MarMar

Does anyone have any suggestions of any good books I can buy. I like books that are true-to-life fiction and not books like sci-fi etc.

I have brought two books this week called Life Swap and The Accidental Mother. I'm really into books so if anyone has read a book that they liked and that you think I will like please let me know.

:)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try the "restaurant-series" of Poppy Z Brite. Beware, they do have some male-on-male scenes, but nothing heavy.

I would recommend all her books + Caitlin Kiernan. Take a look at the on Amazon. :)

Does anyone have any suggestions of any good books I can buy. I like books that are true-to-life fiction and not books like sci-fi etc.

I have brought two books this week called Life Swap and The Accidental Mother. I'm really into books so if anyone has read a book that they liked and that you think I will like please let me know.

:)

Try this, http://www.teenreads.com/reviews/0060285192.asp

Im having to read Chinese Cinderella for school, and all I can say is why havent I read this any sooner? For years, ive been told to read it but havent been interested...

I feel like crying when I read it, what she went through was horrible

I feel like I am currently reading every book ever written in preparation for exams. But Izzy, I would recommend Tori Morrison for true-to-life fiction. She writes about the experiences of black women, and while they're not the easiest books to read, they're really rewarding when you finish them and contemplate them.

Im having to read Chinese Cinderella for school, and all I can say is why havent I read this any sooner? For years, ive been told to read it but havent been interested...

I feel like crying when I read it, what she went through was horrible

If you like 'Chinese Cinderella' read 'Falling Leaves'. It's based on the same story.

Archived