The Book Thread

MarMar

At this precise moment in time I'm reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and I'm amazed at how quickly I'm getting through it. I'm on page 64 and I only started reading an hour ago! Although the print is huge :-l

I love that book.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last thing I read was the OCR Short Stories From Different Cultures anthology for my GCSE English and English Literature exams!

Is that in the post 1914 prose section? I have studied Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck for that section.

The last thing I read was the OCR Short Stories From Different Cultures anthology for my GCSE English and English Literature exams!

Is that in the post 1914 prose section? I have studied Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck for that section.

I studied Of Mice and Men for my GCSE's last year. I really loved the book. Have you seen the film?

Yes, we watched the film in class. All I really remember is thinking that George looked like Tim Campbell (Dan Baker - H&A) and being repulsed by the scene in which Lennie crushes Curley's hand.

Yes, we watched the film in class. All I really remember is thinking that George looked like Tim Campbell (Dan Baker - H&A) and being repulsed by the scene in which Lennie crushes Curley's hand.

I was so into the film and the book .... usually it's not my sort of thing but it was just so sad what happened to the dog and the bit at the end.

:(

Umm.....I'm not entirely sure where it's from. We studied 'The Time Machine' by H.G. Wells and 'Macbeth' for coursework. And we also did a creative writing piece and an essay comparing two random poems. For the actual exam (English Language and Literature) we did 'Opening Worlds' short stories from different cultures. We also did 'How It Looks From Here' as our (OCR) poetry anthology for the exam. And we had to study 'Who's Life Is It Anyway' by Brian Clarke for our play. It's new on the syllabus this year - I think previous years did 'Of Mice And Men', we watched the film one lesson when we had a cover lesson. I felt sick as well when Curley's hand was crushed! And I jumped a mile when Lenny was shot.....

Archived