The Book Thread

MarMar

At the moment Im reading all Jodi Picoult books. Shes amazing...not all books are happily ever after.

I reccomend The Tenth Circle, My Sisters Keeper and Perfect Match they are the best. Especially The Tenth Circle it kinds of 'hits home' for me.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading To Kill A Mockingbird for year 10 English.

Struggling to get past the first 5 pages, as I don't really understand some of the words and it's getting really confusing. And it's not helped by people in my class and friends who have read it telling me how confusing/hard to understand and boring it is.

We read 'Jane Eyre' - the unabridged version, one year. It was the most boring thing ever. Then one summer I had to read 'Wuthering Heights' - that was just as interesting. Now, I'm sure they're both very interesting books, but not when you're 14. :P

Reading To Kill A Mockingbird for year 10 English.

Struggling to get past the first 5 pages, as I don't really understand some of the words and it's getting really confusing. And it's not helped by people in my class and friends who have read it telling me how confusing/hard to understand and boring it is.

Stick with it, because it's a wonderful book once you get into it. I had to read it for uni too but it was one of the few books that I really enjoyed and appreciated. Also, there loads of resources on the net that break it down for you, and help you understand it.

We read 'Jane Eyre' - the unabridged version, one year. It was the most boring thing ever. Then one summer I had to read 'Wuthering Heights' - that was just as interesting. Now, I'm sure they're both very interesting books, but not when you're 14. :P

I love both of them and have done since I was... 10/11. Especially Wuthering Heights. :)

Archived