The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is poorly written, indeed. It would not be a best-seller if it wasn't for th media. Just look at his older books... they didn't sell at all until the Da Vinci code was picked up by the masses due to heavy PRing.

So am I! :P

Sorry for going slightly off-topic here, but quick question... Are most Scandanavian people blonde? I know that traditionally they have been, but I just wondered whether this is still the case?

I agree. 'The Da Vinci Code' is a lot of hype. And still the Church is complaining. If they actually read it then they'd find out they had nothing to worry about. IMO, they too have listened to the hype.

So am I! :P

Sorry for going slightly off-topic here, but quick question... Are most Scandanavian people blonde? I know that traditionally they have been, but I just wondered whether this is still the case?

It's a 'given' that we are, and I remember that almost all the girls in my class were blonde when we were kids. We had one girl who was very dark, and some with "mouse-brown" hair. The boys were blonde and brown. Now you still see blonde little girls, but the majority has hair which darkens as they grow older. There has also been an increasing in the immigration, and the "dark" genes are spreading. My sister has a daughter with another Norwegian, but he has dark-brown hair and brown eyes... so, I guess it's fading.

Just finished reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Washington square by Henry James. They were both part of an english course so i had to (classic novels of english literature) But now for my own enjoyment today i started reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. Pretty good so far...

Archived