The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like happy endings sometimes, but sometimes they can just be too predictable. I've been wanting to read Jodi Piccoult stuff for ages, you've reminded me, I'm gonna get onto it ASAP!

I started with

Perfect Match (thats about sexual abuse of a 5 year old) it was amazing it totally got me into her. She picks such intense subjects and just writes so amazingly.

Tenth Circle (is my favourite) - As about rape/sexual abuse again but of an older girl and her reation to the trauma

The Pact - About a suicide...awesomly written

My Sisters Keeper - This is heartbreaking about an 11 year old girl who sues her parents for the right for her own body as her parents had her becuase her genitcs fit with her elder sister to had cancer, so basically the younger girl- Anna keeps the elder sister alive.

I'm currently reading "The Great Gatsby" for my English Literature class and i really like it. My class saw a documentary on the book before we started reading it, and when i began, i found it odd and very confusing that the narrator isn't actually Gatsby, it's a character called Nick. So that took me a while to realise. But it's very fluid and easy to read with a sort of tranquility to it, Nick's voice is that of a true storyteller.

I am also proposing to read "The Remains Of The Day", to contrast and compare, in my English Literature courswork.

xxx

Archived