The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 6:00 AM, Phoebe said:

I have ordered me before you, I can't wait to read it!

I had this book on my bookshelves for a couple of years and never read it, so a few months back, I donated it to a Charity Shop. Ever since then I've heard nothing but praise for it and I'm so annoyed at myself for giving it away. I might have to repurchase it at some point, To see what the hype is about.

My reading has finally picked up again, so I read a couple of Diane Chamberlain's book. The first I read was The Midwives Confession, which was really good. It was a tad confusing, keeping track of so many characters (one of my bookish pet peeves is loads of characters), but it was a really good read.

Then I read (and finished earlier today) The Silent Sister. Oh. My. God. What a great book! I haven't felt that invested in a book in ages. It was so, so good. There were points throughout it where I got actual goosebumps. It was so good and wonderfully written. Honestly could not recommed it more.

On 02/02/2016 at 10:34 AM, Pierced Musie said:

I have just finished The Hobbit & have moved on to A Game of Thrones.

So many names to remember :o. Perhaps I should have bought the DVD set instead of the books.

Are the Game Of Thrones books good? I can't remember what half the characters are upto in the series so baffles my mind :P

I'm reading Severed Souls part of The Sword Of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Archived