The Book Thread

MarMar

On 16 February 2016 at 6:52 AM, xGlowingAngelx said:

I had this book on my bookshelves for a couple of years and never read it, so a few months back, I donated it to a Charity Shop. Ever since then I've heard nothing but praise for it and I'm so annoyed at myself for giving it away. I might have to repurchase it at some point, To see what the hype is about.

My reading has finally picked up again, so I read a couple of Diane Chamberlain's book. The first I read was The Midwives Confession, which was really good. It was a tad confusing, keeping track of so many characters (one of my bookish pet peeves is loads of characters), but it was a really good read.

Then I read (and finished earlier today) The Silent Sister. Oh. My. God. What a great book! I haven't felt that invested in a book in ages. It was so, so good. There were points throughout it where I got actual goosebumps. It was so good and wonderfully written. Honestly could not recommed it more.

I have read the silent sister and the midwives confession both great books.

I'm  reading silence by Becca Fitzpatrick.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SunnyG12 said:

Is the sequel 'After You' worth a read? I loved 'Me Before You' but I have heard that the sequel reads a bit like bad fan fiction.

I haven't finished the sequel yet but it's not that bad.Can't be any worse then Fifty Shades Of Nonsense which is a hit.

Archived