What's The Weather Like Where You Are?

Cat3

I just found this post that Dan made ages and ages ago...

It's supposed to be up to 37 degrees today - but in direct sunlight it will feel around 50

Some roads are melting and gritters have been brought out to spread gravel. Many schools have had to be closed due to extreme weather conditions - a status usually saved for snow!

We're hotter than Cairo, Malta, Barbados, Athens and various other exotic places!

It's hilarious how this country falls apart in any extreme weather!

...and I can't agree with the last part of that post more!!! It's SO true. England goes into a state of complete panic when it's extremely hot or extremely cold. It's farcical at times, it really is. I think it was last year, during the world cup actually :P, that the UK had a heatwave. The hottest week of the year fell whilst we were having work done on our house. And what happened? We had to stay out in a tent for that WHOLE week. We didn't have to sleep outside, but we were out in it from about 6am-8pm every day for about 3 weeks. I couldn't believe it. Seriously, I was so hot I almost fainted. My cat was fairly small then aswell, so I had to look after him when he was hopping in and out of the tent and into the extreme hot outside! I can't tell you how ill I felt after those 3 weeks or so. Everyone was in 'World Cup mode' including myself :P and you could hear everyone cheering and I just thought...these moments might very well be my last...:lol:. Maybe it wasn't quite that bad, but i'll never forget it that's for sure!

At the moment it's a bit chilly, actually it's VERY chilly. I was waiting for a taxi outside some shops today and thank goodness I had some knee height boots on, I would have frozen otherwise :lol:. My feet always get cold before anything else :lol:. The weather was absolutely horrible the other day, it was so cold I can't even put it into words. Those fortunate people in Oz...30 degrees...sounds like bliss. It's cold enough for me to turn into a snowball right now! I LOVE the snow though, at least it's 'interesting' weather. When it's just cold and grey it's miserable, but if there's a thunderstorm or some snow falling, it's sooooooo much better!

Talking of snow, has anyone got snow where they are?