What's The Weather Like Where You Are?

Cat3

BBC

Severe fog causes flights chaos

Hundreds of passengers were stranded as severe fog grounded planes at Gatwick, Stansted and Southampton airports.

As many as 2,000 people were affected by cancellations at Gatwick. Some 16 departures were cancelled at the airport, 12 of them Easyjet flights.

In Southampton, flights were cancelled from 1700 GMT on Friday while arrivals were diverted to other airports including Birmingham and Bournemouth.

Elsewhere at Stansted, three flights were diverted away from the airport.

Another eight flights were diverted into the airport, mainly from City Airport.

Passengers travelling on Saturday have been asked to contact their airlines for more information.

------

The amount of thick fog here last night was tremendous. I love fog, so it's fine by me :lol:. I feel sorry for the people whos flights have been delayed/cancelled though. One of the last times I was at the Stansted bus terminal there was an amazingly large amount of fog. It was there at 7am in the moring and it was still as thick at 8pm at night. Sometimes fog lingers for days, I wouldn't be suprised if that's what's going to happen this time.

Does anyone have severe fog where they are?