The 'have a moan' thread

starlet_girl

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TelephotoMarigold said:

I have a thing about loyalty. If I trust you then anything you do that affects that will make me recoil. 

I've given you a lot of chances.  

Have I wasted my time? 

I value that as well. I lost so many "friends" who I though would never leave me. My heart broken so much I had to talk to professionals,

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

One moan is feeling unappreciated. Ie your efforts are in vain, you go un noticed.

I been there so many times I'm use to it. Had an Easter Party today and ended up fighting with family over an insult and getting bad news which changes my summer plans.

Internet thugs annoy me, those who hide behind the safety and security of a computer. One time I criticised a certain area of the East End of London and got called names for it by someone online who merely lived there for a while and is from another part of London. Typical internet thug, a gutless, spineless wonder who I know would never ever act like that to someones face. I have ancestors from the East End. Also I dont like being told how to post my opinions of which I an entitled to post or be told what to say by someone with no authority. I told this person the more he tells me where to get off and to leave London to Londoners the more I shall give my opinion. He never said anything after that. Either ignore opinions you dont like or reply nicely, dont pretend to be someone you aint when you are online. He may have been joking, but it is very hard to tell when online.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, SunnyG12 said:

I bought a DVD player the other day; It played one DVD and  stopped working. It's such a hassle having to take it  back to the shops.

I can't be bothered! 

It must not have liked your movie taste :lol: Only joking Hope you get a new one soon

People who patronise others based on age annoys me, as if they are superior to them. I am 34 and still young and I have watched H&A since virtually the start but I would always share my memories with newer younger viewers, yes some of them may not have heard of people like Shannon or Bobby but it is probably because they only really watch the current episode, they don't research the history of H&A on the web. Many viewers not born when the show begun know exactly who Shannon and Bobby are, even Doris Peters. The internet, reruns of early episodes refreshes interest in the earlier years for younger generations. Some of them may like the Braxtons but some don't. I may criticise the Braxton era but understand that many viewers of all ages like them. Beating someone down because they are younger is a power trip on the older persons part. I like older people who mentor younger ones, not look down at them.

26 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

People who patronise others based on age annoys me, as if they are superior to them. I am 34 and still young and I have watched H&A since virtually the start but I would always share my memories with newer younger viewers, yes some of them may not have heard of people like Shannon or Bobby but it is probably because they only really watch the current episode, they don't research the history of H&A on the web. Many viewers not born when the show begun know exactly who Shannon and Bobby are, even Doris Peters. The internet, reruns of early episodes refreshes interest in the earlier years for younger generations. Some of them may like the Braxtons but some don't. I may criticise the Braxton era but understand that many viewers of all ages like them. Beating someone down because they are younger is a power trip on the older persons part. I like older people who mentor younger ones, not look down at them.

I understand what your saying I miss the old days. I don't like when fans put other fans down as well. we all equal here and that goes for other shows as well.NO fan should look down on others........sadly I seen that here in America as well

For my MOAN I like to have a take on the other side of the fandom the people we support!

For years I had a set of standards and that's how I picked those shows and Character I invest time and energy in.

1st standard was Fan Mail, For many years I like others enjoyed doing it until about 5 years ago. I once asked someone in Hollywood who worked on a series could they get me one from a former Teen star and they replied "they didn't know they that well to do such a thing? Of course your going to have bad days and some will never be answered. IF you want to know why I stopped doing Fan mail and gave up my collection I asked 2 former contacts IF they would forward fan mail to a popular Aussie they knew and they told me "they didn't do fan mail" that ruined a lot of things for me and was told by another Fan on a forum claiming to be their cousin to find another Hero! (Even though one source who was close to said actor denied that the person had inside info only someone close would have? Refusing fan mail as a bloke in the UK said going to far. Although I don't lose sleep over some like Melissa George not sending a personal pic I was hurt I couldn't send something to a few. For Many of you here  I was told that the people on H&A from 2 sources who been on the set that actors do sign their fan cards which is why I give them and others who taken the time to do so respect.

2nd Is being a team player............Many actors enjoy being part of the show and get along with others and sadly like in life many people get upset and are forced to leave or decide to move on to other things. As I said on forums either you are happy or your not and if the latter then it best to not put your self and the fans though a lot and I address this to fans like  Gillian in the UK as its never easy to see people move on, Its great to ask them to stay and if they don't then wish them well in their new job. Am I disappointed  Dan and Sam left Ramsey Street yes yet I know from behind the scenes the actors had other things they wanted to do. As many actors I listen to at conventions working FULL time on a series is hard work and although as much as I like to see many work I take in consideration actors are human and can only do so much so there I be forgiving, Yes many actors get burned out work 4-6 years on a show yet as some have said family comes 1st and many actors have family who resents their fame and popularity and worse have a jealous wife or mate. Yet as one Star trek actor laughed that off saying their mate understood its her job. wished many others would have that attitude as well.

3rd and this is my major MOAN with actors being online and creating profiles its wonderful to be able to communicate with many and to say thank you happy birthday etc! However as with some old friends many people don't want to be online..........which is why I was shocked recently to see a popular Aussie open accounts on twitter (IM blocked ) and FB and post personal images on pages after I was told this from a source. ' She only hopes people enjoy her work and her private life be kept private, A fan in Melbounre got to email her and I was later told by someone that WASNT her! Much like her in the states and As I told the fan in the UK MANY stars let their AGENTS post for the. I can tell a sincere star post from a fake saying Thank you and I'm grateful.

Much like the guy on TV who found out his autograph was fake I feel so let down Aussies would do like us here in America and lie to the fans and I very few actors are going to come out and admit that. When my source told me I was so sadden and I haven't recovered.  Yet as my friend in New York said

"They must have told her to get online for Promotional reason seeing as that's the new way to promote people projects.. be nice expect said page has LOST 400 likes and every other day I check they lose more which proves to me its run by the actors PR people.

I expected that here in the USA NOT Australia! Yet as I was told for every bad Aussie they 10 good ones.

So for the last few years I find myself wishing for the old days hoping they come back and being disappointed in whats going on now and wondering who to trust as my faith in some been lacking.

Archived