Does anyone get fed up with how many characters are killers?.

j.laur5

Sometimes I think they can get bit carried away when want  make dramatic exit ad that’s usually when character kills someone or is caught after hiding killing someone expressing  in recent years when they made regular characters killers.

Jesse - I think they should not send Jesse back to jail and just sent character back to square one having his exit being sent back to jail .

Barry -Barry  become very respectful principal once he mellowed bit and he could be good long term partner for Irene  and character .

Angleo-He shoot and killed fellow police officer Jack  by his incompetence of shooting fire when  he was not even meant to be there and I get his was scared but I am sure Jack was scared too and you didit see Jack shooting fire. 

Ruby-I hated how they turned her into physical when broke breaks to cause Dexter accident. 

Casey-I get was self defence and protecting innocent but still would preferred him not kill his own dad but certainly did not hold it against Casey for why he did what he did. 

Kyle-I know he didit actually kill Casey and down line he turned into very different character but still thought I add it.

Hunter-He might not actually killed anyone by starting fire but still very well could done. 

Josh and Andy -I know both people Andy and Josh  killed were evil but did ruin Andy  development and made Josh look bad by putting half town under investigation for Charlotte death. 

Ash-In all or nothing special I get he save prison grand but just seem to quickly sweat under carpet and later on was planning on getting Robbo killed and again it seemed pretty sweat under carpet and in fairness that happens lot with characters. 

Dean-I know he did not kill anyone but he not seemed to have any problem   tracking down Robbo for Ash to kill him. 

Colby-I think biggest mistake ever on history of H&A was having Colby kill Ross even if Ross was evil and making Colby backstory way they did it  as I just think Tim Franklin   suited playing good cop more and although though Tim played very well as complex bad boy character too  but however I think I would preferred Colby to just stayed good cop with just being reformed and once Riverboy as Tim really did bring good chemistry to character as being cop  and despite what people saying he was bad cop  he actually was more competent cop then Kat and Cash in respect of saving day more and bringing down bad guys. 

Chloe and Ari-I hated how Chloe killed someone when person was not going to do anything to life threatening to her and poor Ari had to deal with fall out and go to jail and whole town thinking  Ari was murder and later Ari drying.

Bree-Okay it was self defence but again sort of  getting over so many characters being killers even if it lot times circumstances was self defence or person was evil . 

You thoughts  on matter?. 

Edited by j.laur5

Jesse was accidental but he was going a long self destructive route after breaking up with Leah but it seemed like a lazy way.

*Never* liked Andy so him getting rid of Jake was a 2fer. He knew what he was doing when he gunned Charlie down.

I agree with Chloe getting off scot free. That was set the wheels in motion of a (mostly) rotten 2022 (Ari dying, bloody band, Bree DV story, etc). If I ever write a fic, she's returning to put her hands up for it.

Kyle basically (stupidly) took the rap for Isla so she wouldn't lose her kids but somewhat Karmic for leaving Casey to die like a Dingo in the desert.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with you, even though the show has brought in a lot of characters recently who are horrible people that committed terrible crimes, they keep killing them off instead of sending them to prison. 

2021 was one of my favorite ever years of the show but the ending to that year was terrible with Chloe killing her dad and as Hulk said it led to a not so good 2022.

• Like 1

I do feel Home and Away had become too obsessed with making characters  break the law. Even Leah nearly broke it a couple of years ago and that was definitely out of character!. 

Ziggy broke up with Dean for breaking the law in association to a crime and five minutes later she helps Tane cover a crime. Okay I know people will be thinking Dean was technically covering worst crime but still made look Ziggy look like a huge hypocrite. 

On 17/10/2023 at 14:22, Homeandawayfan. said:

It is a bit OTT to have all these characters who are killers. Summer Bay can easily be twinned with Midsomer Murders county. At least Neighbours does not have enough killings to be compared to Midsomer.

Most of the killings were accidental (bar Terry/Charles, Paul/Gus, Victor/Kate and Cassius/Hamish and Finn/Gary to name a few) 

On 18/10/2023 at 00:22, Homeandawayfan. said:

It is a bit OTT to have all these characters who are killers. Summer Bay can easily be twinned with Midsomer Murders county. 

I can't speak for other soaps, but Hollyoaks is far worse in this regard. And their killers are often among the more popular characters such as Teresa, Warren and Mercedes, so are never going to go to prison long-term for their crimes.

There's probably others among the current cast too, since I'm not familiar with much of the first 15ish years of the show.

And they've had characters like the Roscoe brothers, Grace and Trevor in recent years and iconic serial and psychopathic killers like Lindsay, Silas, Breda, Nico Bobby and Cameron.

At least in H&A they generally exit the show when they've killed someone, even if they don't always get their comeuppance.

• Like 3