Couples you wish were endgame

project90

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2023 at 18:35, project90 said:

Sally and Flynn were another one for me wish were end game. Again Sally time on show after he left wasn't anything great her and Brad felt so forced and rushed seeing as both not long lost a spouse. I can understand this one bit more don't think Kate had expressed any desire to leave at the time so had no real choice but to kill Flynn off and was one of the better cancer storylines we've had. I'd been way more annoyed if they had just simply split so I know show did best it could but still doesn't stop me wishing they got a happy ending 

agree with you about all of this particularly the Brad part, will never understand why they put Sally and Brad together when it was clear they wouldn't last because Sally was still so in love with Flynn

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/11/2023 at 02:22, zara grace said:

agree with you about all of this particularly the Brad part, will never understand why they put Sally and Brad together when it was clear they wouldn't last because Sally was still so in love with Flynn

Plus it was a bit soon and would have likely fell apart ala Chloe/James (The whole Silver medal feeling)

• Like 1

On 13/11/2023 at 13:22, zara grace said:

will never understand why they put Sally and Brad together when it was clear they wouldn't last because Sally was still so in love with Flynn

I feel like it was meant to be long-term, but Kate Ritchie leaving put an end to that plan. I imagine the writers wanted to give Sally "her own exit" rather than have her sail off into the sunset with Brad, so he was written out in ample time to give Sally her nostalgic exit without it being tainted by the end of her relationship with Brad. 

Pippa got herself a new husband within a year of Tom dying, so I figured had Sally stuck around, he was always going to be the next Mr Sally Fletcher. 

Here's my list

Carly and Matt - my first OG ship like they are so cute. So happy they got to be each others dates for the cruise but ...

Pippa and Tom - what can I say when they recast Pippa it wasnt the same so we don't even count Pippa and Michael as a couple

Roo and Frank - never understood why these two broke up offscreen just to bring him back perhaps but shouldnt off happened

Will and Gypsy - had the wedding and the show ruined it god damn

Rhys and Beth - they were way more suited than him and Shelley

Sally and Flynn - each others true loves he shouldnt off died

Matilda and Lucas - um way better than her and Ric

Jack and Martha - what was the point killing him just write her out in 2009 way better than keeping her for 2010 which was pointless

Ziggy and Brody - never understood why they ruined these two honestly

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jackieleanne said:

Will & Gypsy and Matilda and Lucas are the big ones for me. 

Rewatching old clips and I'm so sad they didn't continue with Mattie and Lucas after how they had set it up with his letter etc when she went to the Rehab. 

I think they would have fizzled anyhow due to feeling too much like siblings like Haydn and Sophie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hunter and Olivia I loved them together and considering they left at around the same time they should of got their happily ever after 

Kirsty and Kane they left together then they brought them back to break them up. Never liked Kirsty with Miles. In the end I think her head chose Miles over Kane which was out of character as Kirsty always went with her heart.

Shane and Angel. Wish that they never killed him off

Bobby and Frank loved them together. Greg was a terrible husband to Bobby

Hayley and Mitch but I did also love her with Noah and Mitch with Brodie

Leah and Vinnie

Charlie and Brax

Martha and Jack

Nick and Jade

On 10/12/2023 at 18:06, beachside said:

Sally and Flynn - each others true loves he shouldnt off died

Jack and Martha - what was the point killing him just write her out in 2009 way better than keeping her for 2010 which was pointless

I guess the issue with these two is the that the actors who played Flynn and Jack wanted to leave. Jodi Gordon was one of the most popular characters at the time, so it seemed unlikely the producers would have wanted to lose her when she wanted to stay. 

As for Flynn, he'd already been recast once and the producers probably had little inkling that Kate Ritchie would also be gone two years later given she had been around so long. If they knew Kate was thinking about leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if the producers came up with an alternative ending for him, perhaps send him off to work overseas and them doing long-distance until her exit came around. 

On 10/12/2023 at 18:06, beachside said:

Roo and Frank - never understood why these two broke up offscreen just to bring him back perhaps but shouldnt off happened

Will and Gypsy - had the wedding and the show ruined it god damn

I've never been a fan of splitting up "happily-ever-after" couples just for one half to return in a guest stint. If one half of the couple returns as a regular it's a different story and quite necessary, which would have been the case when Roo returned in 2010, but it ruined the endings for both couples for little long-term gain. I've not seen Frank's 1991 episodes, but they certainly made a mess of Will and Gypsy in their early 2010s returns. 

10 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

Leah and Vinnie

Apparently when Ryan Kwanten left, he said he would return for Ada Nicodemou's exit. Obviously he had no idea that she would still be around 22 years later :lol:

Interesting the show didn't write out Ada at that point though. Leah and Vinnie were one of the golden couples of the early 2000s and Leah didn't have the stalwart/iconic status at that point. The show had quite a strong and popular younger group of characters at that point including Hayley, Noah, Danni, Sally and Flynn, that losing Leah wouldn't have been overly detrimental to things.  

• 3 weeks later...

I think could kept Billie around for few more months and have VJ and Billie leave together . 

Hunter and Olivia I think they could left together since they left close together. 

I know they weren’t couple and they were siblings but  thought was shame Colby and Bella didit leave together after everything they went through and had circumstances being different in there’s characters storyline’s it’s likely would happened. 

But writers never seemed to give Colby and Bella break from problems they were having  to face and witch normally cause conflict between them and I  get they need drama but most times characters get break from drama for period but with Colby and Bella they never seemed get break from situation they had to face witch normal meant conflict between them. 

Matt leaving with his wife and sister was my favourite exit storyline ever as shown great character growth from bad boy  high school bully into kind responsible young  man  and now husband and legal guardian to his younger sister Ellie as was hinted right from beginning Matt and Evie becoming couple  and did not happed until much  later and even when Matt was bad boy he still took care of his sister and knew was best for her to live with there aunt until he got life sorted and eventually he did and Ellie returned to him. 

Edited by j.laur5
  • Like 1