Couples you wish were endgame

project90

What couples do you wish were endgame and got their happy ending together?

Biggest Biggest one for me is Nick and Jade, they were my absolute favourite couple and their break up was so awful. It's coming up to 20 years since they broke up and I'm still really dirty on the show for it. Adding insult to injury was Jade getting with his best friend, I couldn't stand her and Seb together. Jade did nothing great after Nick left than got one of the worst endings ever.

Noah and Hayley - Noah's death was dramatic and made for an amazing moment for the show, but again Hayley's remaining time of the show wasn't great. The Kim/Scott who's the father storyline, than ending what was a great character time on the show with a recast.

Will and Gypsy got a happy ending, then they split them up and both got horrible returns as our last memory of the characters. That was insulting.

Might as well add Ken and Irene I don't feel as strongly about this one but even if they weren't endgame I wish Irene had got to marry him and be happy for a little while, since over 20 years later she been on her own for a lot of it.

The whole Smith family really did get done dirty in love 

• Like 1

• John changed the title to Couples you wish were end game
  • Dan F changed the title to Couples you wish were endgame

Pippa and Michael: They were a believable couple onscreen (can't imagine why lol) and it was ridiculous to widow Pippa twice in just six years. All for what? A year and a bit later they had to drum up a new victim  love interest for Pippa so she could leave. 

• Like 2

I could probably be here all day but:

Aden and Nicole-It seemed to be set up when she first came in and they were always close and finally got together just before he left, but instead he got a miserable exit while she hung around for another year or so and, while I appreciate the show giving her a happy ending, it never felt her and Angelo would last...and they didn't!

Maddy and Oscar-Incredibly sweet together, the first person the other went to when in a jam, and left just a few weeks apart, but instead of a happy ending, they got killed and maimed after being subjected to a terrible break-up that required a lot of leaps of logic and out of character behaviour.

VJ and Billie-Built up well, ideally suited for a young family unit, and instead all the potential got thrown away with the short-sighted decision to kill her off.She could have stuck around for another few months for them to leave together, and we'd have been spared some of the borderline insulting storylines we got instead.

Heath and April-I ummed and ahhed a bit about this one, but it always felt like they married the wrong people. April actually seemed to like Heath in a way Bianca never really did, and Heath brought out a lively and playful side to April in contrast to the downtrodden and needy person she was with Dexter.

(I have to echo Nick and Jade as well. They are definitely near the top of my list of "Characters who got back together off screen in my head".)

Edited by Red Ranger 1
  • Like 2

On 28/06/2023 at 21:33, cymbaline said:

Pippa and Michael: They were a believable couple onscreen (can't imagine why lol) and it was ridiculous to widow Pippa twice in just six years. All for what? A year and a bit later they had to drum up a new victim  love interest for Pippa so she could leave. 

Did I read somewhere that it enabled Dennis to spend more time with their daughter?

Was he axed or did he choose to leave?

He was axed, but given 6 months notice about it. All that talk about Dennis minding their daughter and getting to act on stage again is just them putting a brave face on things. You've got to understand that 99% of the time, people don't leave their jobs (if they're good ones) just to babysit their kids during the daytime. It was not his choice to leave and he said it was a shock. I've watched interviews - old and new - with them and it's clear as day that they weren't happy about it. There's an interview with the two of them on that documentary Tristan Bancks made in the 1990s and their body language is very telling.

Edited by cymbaline
  • Like 2

Sally and Flynn were another one for me wish were end game. Again Sally time on show after he left wasn't anything great her and Brad felt so forced and rushed seeing as both not long lost a spouse. I can understand this one bit more don't think Kate had expressed any desire to leave at the time so had no real choice but to kill Flynn off and was one of the better cancer storylines we've had. I'd been way more annoyed if they had just simply split so I know show did best it could but still doesn't stop me wishing they got a happy ending 

• Like 2

Nick and Jade are my fav ever couple on H&A and to this day I still hate how they ended. Not cool.

Olivia and Hunter - Why did they make Olivia cheat on him. They had everything going for them as a young couple.

Raffy and Ryder - They could have made Ryder go with Raffy when she left. What did he do since she left? Not much.

Kyle and Phoebe - the one who didn’t get to end with the person he should have instead he went to jail for some chick he barely knew. Nope.

Evelyn/Josh and Hannah/Andy - You tried so hard to make us like these couples and then we did and you still did them both so dirty. Like after all that play off they all could have gone on the run together. Instead Josh killed someone and went on the run with Andy and then ended up in jail. And Hannah died.

• Like 1

I guess Shane and Angel are the big one. I know Dieter Brummer was desperate to get out of there by the end, but it feels like Angel could have just left with him. She was gone within a few months anyway, and the show had to find another character for her to go off into the sunset with, who seemed a nice enough chap and all but viewers would probably have rather seen her stay with the guy she had three years of history with.

• Like 2

Robbo and Tori. I liked Christian and Tori and I'm glad that her character got a happy ending (even though I found her annoying at times), but I liked the friendship/ connection between her and Robbo. I think that they would've been the end game if Jake didn't decide to leave. I felt that they threw Jasmine in the mix just to create drama and a love triangle, I never really bought their love story. 

• Like 1