End credits

Bri1231

Let's talk end credits. I wish 7 would provide episodes to C5/RTE with their in house generic promos. I mean I never ever watch the end credits anymore and haven't for years. As soon as the promo for the next episode wraps up I turn it off. Channel 7s end credits promos are so much better and I bet they would draw in more viewers if used here. Do you think this will ever happen? Or will we always have the regular 30 second closing credits? 

As a side note, RTE does not show the next episode promos, and as for the promos themselves, what is shown here on C5 is nothing like the ones shown on Channel 7 but are the same as 7+ minus the closing theme. 

Credits without distractions are far better in my view. The people behind any show deserve to be recognised as much as the cast. Even worse are the networks that have no qualms in squeezing/sizing them down to the point where they're completely illegible (or scrap them completely like H&A on ITV in the 90s) - very disrespectful.

The next episode promos seen on 7Plus are the 'normal' ones, and clean versions of these are included in the episodes sent to all international broadcasters, as are the credits in both the H&A style and Seven's in-house style if they want to use that (versions with and without the next ep promo are included).

Don't quote me on it, but I believe the next ep promos are created by the show's editor, whereas the more dramatic ones seen on the Oz broadcasts are put together by one of three dedicated promo creators who work in rotation across several Seven shows.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dan F said:

Credits without distractions are far better in my view. The people behind any show deserve to be recognised as much as the cast. Even worse are the networks that have no qualms in squeezing/sizing them down to the point where they're completely illegible (or scrap them completely like H&A on ITV in the 90s) - very disrespectful.

The next episode promos seen on 7Plus are the 'normal' ones, and clean versions of these are included in the episodes sent to all international broadcasters, as are the credits in both the H&A style and Seven's in-house style if they want to use that (versions with and without the next ep promo are included).

Don't quote me on it, but I believe the next ep promos are created by the show's editor, whereas the more dramatic ones seen on the Oz broadcasts are put together by one of three dedicated promo creators who work in rotation across several Seven shows.

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that one. People deserve to have their names listed. What ITV did back in the 90s was a disgrace, they could have easily done generic credits, which they did do just a few years later ( early 2000s ) with most all shows. 

So that explains what I saw in New Zealand then. I was there last year and they had the promo playing with the channel 7 in house generic credits. I couldn't figure out why they had that when it is an international broadcast but as you said I guess channel 7 sends out a few versions for different countries to use. 

I just think most people switch off these days and the promos are better ( in house ones )

On 21/06/2023 at 00:27, Dan F said:

I feel like even the UK version of the credits are pretty small to read and everything is packed into 3 columns.  They used to be much bigger with the longer credits length.