2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Yes, I felt sorry for John too.

Poor Theo, getting it in the neck, I don't think he went too far with Ava; she needed to be confronted, pussyfooting and softly, softly rarely works (admittedly personal experience from having unwanted attention.). Sadly, though Justin is wrong to do what he's done, Little Miss Fatal Attraction's to blame...has she never heard of The Boy Who Cried Wolf? I wasn't against Theo leading her on in this case as it was for her own safety.

As for what's next maybe Ava will finally realise what being a real grown-up actually means.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

*puts up pic of Ava*

*gets out the darts*

180!

See what you've caused, ya little b....!

I like her but this isn’t Ava she’s been possessed by the devil something omenish is happening here If Leah hadn’t run off she could have sorted her out 

I forgotten about Theo's ride.

No sympathy for John and didn't actually feel that he and Dean were friends.  I never saw it like that.  Always thought he looked down on Dean because he was a River Boy and was deemed a lower class citizen.  He seemed a lot closer with Nikau and handled his departure a lot better.  Obviously because in that case Nikau had his blessing permission, so he's just being his usual egotistical self.  Dean and Ziggy left without saying goodbye and didn't clear it with him.

I think it's one thing Ava screwing Kirby over because at least you can argue in her warped mind, she thinks she's going out with Theo and Kirby is and obstacle but the guy that picked her up doesn't deserve this.  He seemed like a decent person and I was pretty disgusted with Justin.  He didn't paint himself in a good light throughout that episode in fact, although up to the end you can argue it was understandable.

Wondered where Theo went.   Glad it wasn't just me being confused about Kirby was supposed to be staying, she did say she'd stayed overnight at Rose's because of the damage Ava had caused but that happened when she got back from seeing Eden & Remi so Theo must have filled her in.   Leah did say she was staying at Roo and Marilyn's but then it appears she'd gone to visit Roo in the city - confused.com. ?

Leah didn't 'run off' she left so Justin and Ava could have father and daughter time Ava was very unpleasant to her, in fact quite nasty so she very wisely retreated.  Ava has always had a problem with Leah for some reason but last time she pitched up it looked like they had made peace. 

Kirby & Mali got introduced to each other.

Rose did say to Kirby she could have Ava charged with vandalism and I guess with unlawful entry. 

Justin I think was taking his anger out on Theo, what exactly was he meant to do grab her and drag her away with her screaming to stranger - he was going to hurt her.  As has been said Theo has tried to letting her down nicely but it wasn't working so he had to be  cruel to be kind. Theo did the right thing by letting Justin know who had been running around asking anyone and everyone if they had seen her.  I'm kind of excusing his behaviour as he was a very anxious parent but once he had contacted the  police - well one cop Rose - who tried unsuccessfully to get him to calm down and tell her what had happened so she and her colleagues can go and look for this van he expected results in the next minute.  Him exploding because she and and another colleague came in the Diner was unreasonable, there are other cops at Yabby Creek - though sometimes it does only seem to be Cash & Rose.  It did get resolved in one day  which was a relief for all. 

TPTB did play it all mysterious with the stranger who's name we don't know yet but his name was in the credits as Red said - and his movements, dumping whatever it was in the bin, looking suspicious, us seeing Ava's phone on the passenger seat, then driving back to wherever and there she is.  What was that all about?   She spun him some tale about no-one wanting her and then sulking because he had to leave her to move up the coast to follow the surf. She was bloody lucky it was his van she jumped in he could have been anyone.   Good idea of Kirby and Theo putting a message  up on Ava's I ❤️ Theo page - or Aus' equivalent - to get her attention as she wasn't answering his - or anyone's - text messages or calls.  Didn't quite go as they planned as she sent that message, Theo was showing what he'd sent then hers came back, luckily, they were able to trace where it was sent from and Justin rides off on his white horse.  I'm guessing Theo phoned the police as they turned up petty soon after Justin did.   Which is just as well for Conor as they were able to drag Justin off beating him to a pulp. Where there no other people around btw? 

It did appear from the trailer Ava has finally seen the consequences of her actions- we can but hope. 

I was surprised no-one - as in Irene - thought to tell John Dean had gone.  I bet Roo let Alf know he'd gone.  OK he was away  seeing Jett so wouldn't have dumped him to come back but at least he could have phoned him to say goodbye if he'd known.   Instead Mali gets it in the neck.  OK he was being careless in not leaving space and not obeying the Surf Club rules of health and safety and I'm not a huge fan of H&S people can use their common sense but there are other people you have to think about. Others who are less less agile on their feet, blind or have poor sight.  Also if people had to exit the gym urgently there'd be those obstacles as in those surf boards. John may not have always have come across as Dean's BFF but I think he did get to like and respect him as he had seen how far as he had come since he'd arrived in the bay. He had just 'lost' Nik after all even if it was with his blessing. He may have told Mali now they were just boss and worker but I think he'll see him a friend in time. 

I think Roo was kind of wrong to try to brush it under the carpet, I think she maybe should've said to Ava something like no your Dad won't hate you but this is what happens when you cry wolf and being mature means you have to take what's coming to you too.

A kind of paraphrase on my Mum's advice; "Don't lie, just own up and say sorry even if you get in big trouble, the truth is always better and learn the lesson from it. 

• Thanks 1

This is just one big fat mess that could have  really gone out of control in any of these three scenarios 

A) Connor *could* have raped Ava and no-one believe her given recent behaviour (but they did this with Billie/Nate then Billie/Mick)

B) Ava could lied and *said* he did and everyone believed her. 

C) Justin could have *killed* the guy

This is something that could easily happened in the Jesse era (Post-Prison 2002 he had form for kicking seven kinds out of people, mostly in defence of Hayley and Alex)

I like Justin but I really couldn't complain if he ends up in jail for this.As Leah alluded to here, he was very lucky to dodge a GBH charge over Stephen a couple of years back, and here he is again.I wasn't too impressed with Roo dragging Ava out of the police station without giving her a statement, but I guess Rose did the right thing by letting her go on condition she went with her, since it led to the truth coming out.Giving recent behaviour, I wouldn't have been surprised if Ava had lied and claimed she was attacked, so I was pleased she did actually tell the truth and even showed some guilt for the first time since she's been back.I wasn't impressed with Leah getting high and mighty either, given she bailed on Justin and insisted he handle it on his own: Gee, how's that worked out? It was a well-played moment when the penny dropped for Justin that he'd attacked an innocent man.

I'm glad that John's sulk didn't last long and it just took Mali bringing him a pizza for him to cool down and apologise and accept him as a friend.

19 hours ago, Foellfan said:

I think Roo was kind of wrong to try to brush it under the carpet, I think she maybe should've said to Ava something like no your Dad won't hate you but this is what happens when you cry wolf and being mature means you have to take what's coming to you too.

A kind of paraphrase on my Mum's advice; "Don't lie, just own up and say sorry even if you get in big trouble, the truth is always better and learn the lesson from it. 

"A lie will make it halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on"

• Like 1

I was pleased Ava told the truth and did appear to have some remorse for what happened.  Roo had been annoying me but she's kind of gone up in my estimation the way she was with Ava.  She was there to support her without passing judgment this time.  Thought Cash and Rose was were very professional.  I'm also of the believe that if Justin goes to jail, it will be on him even though I do accept this is Ava's fault but hopefully he will just get community service.  I'd completely forgotten about Stephen.  When Justin gets angry, I have to admit the way the actor does it sometimes makes me laugh.  I still do sympathise with Theo because he's going on a camping trip to get away from Ava basically.  Leah is annoying as hell.

• Like 1