What's a good year to watch

project90

In the break I have been watching Morag's stint. I'm near the end but finding it a bit hard to watch. The Morag stuff is fine, it's all the other stuff like Emma's arrival and Lance's gold fish dying. Should I continue on to 1990 or can you recommend another really good or iconic year. Keep in mind haven't seen most of it.  I might know what happens roughly when or seen few episodes here and there

• John changed the title to What's a good year to watch
11 hours ago, project90 said:

Should I continue on to 1990 or can you recommend another really good or iconic year. 

1995 - that had some massive stories. 1994 was a bit of a lull, but 1995 went the opposite way in terms of drama and dark stories. I am not sure how much detail you want me to go into, as I don't want to reveal spoilers.

It might just be me, but I didn't really enjoy 1990 that much. I missed Morag, Tom and Pippa #1 and I feel like the show lost alot of its comedy. Sure we had Adam Cameron, but his antics felt really forced. Both times the Early Years have aired (in the late 90s/early 2000s and in early 2010s on 7Two), I pretty much gave up around the Tom died.

On 23/01/2022 at 15:42, Bobby Forever Missed said:

i'd stick with it til 1990 if you pick and choose you'll miss the introduction of Sophie who played a huge part in 1991 and 92

It did feel like The Sophie Show at times in those years.

1988 was a great year.

I do agree that 1994 and 1995 were poles apart. 1994 was very fluffy yet 1995 was a much darker tone, and I found it too dark at times and did not really suit H&A which always was known as quite a fluffy show with some dark stories thrown in.

On 25/01/2022 at 05:35, Homeandawayfan. said:

I do agree that 1994 and 1995 were poles apart. 1994 was very fluffy yet 1995 was a much darker tone, and I found it too dark at times and did not really suit H&A which always was known as quite a fluffy show with some dark stories thrown in.

Now you mention it, I am struggling to think of some lighter moments and I only watched it a few months ago. The only one that comes to mind is Irene and Donna competing in the Country music competition and that was very early 1995. Marilyn's return mid-year did create some much needed lighter moments though. 

But I found storyline’s bit too tame in the early 90s. 

Also there were times when I thought Pippa and Michael were too harsh on their children . 

I have to admit there were times around 1991-1992 when I found both Michael and Pippa unlikeable characters . 

Archived