Neighbours...the early years?

Summer's Bay

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Yes. It didn't end great with Vic (Nicolette and her unnamed siblings dad). He was mentioned first time, wasn't named til second part of return stint.

Kennedys are still together, Time to time the writers will remind of (depends how you look at it) Their Healthy sex life??

Des is and out at the minute his 2020s character is a wee bit tougher but still Des underneath it all.

Sharon followed Henry and Bronwyn to NZ, shortly after they married.

Her character was kind of a spare part in 1990 (like Des when he sold #28 to the Willises and moved into after Nick left for London and Bronnie left to join Henry. She did little else but go to school and work in the coffee shop until mid-year.

Henry got a mentioned a great deal with Madge was still alive. Harold mentioned him occasionally. Daniel as mentioned talked about him a bit. Shown in the many flashbacks of Scott and Charlene's wedding.

Buckley's of getting Guy Pearce back, sure he'd be cheaper than Kylie but he's one of Neighbours A-listers. A recast is the only other option  but no-one ever buy Mike with a new head.

Does Jane's daughter have a British accent? I would hope so since she was more than likely born and raised there.

Annie Jones mentioned in an interview that she had been campaigning for Scott and Mike to return for one of the recent anniversaries but there was a scheduling conflict. I think Mike would return if it was a short stint. 

Besides DebPip and Uncle Phil, who else went from Home and Away to Neighbours?

From Neighbours to Home and Away we had Henry and Mike..I'm sure I'm missing someone else

23 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Does Jane's daughter have a British accent? I would hope so since she was more than likely born and raised there.

Annie Jones mentioned in an interview that she had been campaigning for Scott and Mike to return for one of the recent anniversaries but there was a scheduling conflict. I think Mike would return if it was a short stint. 

Besides DebPip and Uncle Phil, who else went from Home and Away to Neighbours?

From Neighbours to Home and Away we had Henry and Mike..I'm sure I'm missing someone else

Jason's pretty much squashed all hope a Scott return feeling like it would be a "publicity stunt" but he'll still visit the set whenever he's over (his daughter Gemma is playing Scott's great niece, Harlow)

Nope... Nic's as Aussie as they come. At least with Andrew Robinson, they explained away his Scots accent with him and Christina living up there for a bit!

Neighbours to H&A

Richard Norton who played Ryan McLachlan (Dorothy's nephew, one of those forgettables who was only in it for a year) to play the equally forgettable Simon Fitzgerald. It seemed for a while "Grass is always Greener" with a lot of people jumping ship but G

The other way

Jodi Gordon who played Martha MacKenzie (named her Grandmother who is currently in it after playing dead 30-odd years) went onto be the second head for Susan's Niece, Elly Conway for 4yrs.

Christie Hayes who was Kirsty Sutherland (later Phillips) played Ebony Buttrose in 2019

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 13:00, CaptainHulk said:

Jason's pretty much squashed all hope a Scott return feeling like it would be a "publicity stunt" but he'll still visit the set whenever he's over (his daughter Gemma is playing Scott's great niece, Harlow)

Nope... Nic's as Aussie as they come. At least with Andrew Robinson, they explained away his Scots accent with him and Christina living up there for a bit!

Neighbours to H&A

Richard Norton who played Ryan McLachlan (Dorothy's nephew, one of those forgettables who was only in it for a year) to play the equally forgettable Simon Fitzgerald. It seemed for a while "Grass is always Greener" with a lot of people jumping ship but G

The other way

Jodi Gordon who played Martha MacKenzie (named her Grandmother who is currently in it after playing dead 30-odd years) went onto be the second head for Susan's Niece, Elly Conway for 4yrs.

Christie Hayes who was Kirsty Sutherland (later Phillips) played Ebony Buttrose in 2019

Yikes..I dont know who any of these people are!

What happened to Doug Wills? Did his wife marry Paul?

I think he had a daughter who rode a motorbike who went out with fish brothers (Toady or Stoney)

Just now, Summer's Bay said:

Yikes..I dont know who any of these people are!

What happened to Doug Wills? Did his wife marry Paul?

I think he had a daughter who rode a motorbike who went out with fish brothers (Toady or Stoney)

Doug died in the 2016 Lassiter's explosion along with Grandson Josh. He'd been diagnosed with Alzheimer's 2yrs earlier and became forgetful. Pam was married to the Doug til the day he died.  Terese (Better Known as Sophie Simpson in a previous life), Doug's ex-daughter-in-law (She was the woman Brad left Beth for and had Piper and the twins Imogen and Josh with, and in turn Brad left her for Lauren in 2015, whom he had Paige with, who had been adopted out and tracked them down in her 20s) is the one who married Paul as Wife Number 6 in 2019 (despite Paul's Elle daughter Elle calling the surviving four ex-Mrs Robinsons to try and get the wedding stopped)  . They currently live at Number 22 with Paul's Granddaughter Harlow, and Roxy (Doug's granddaughter via Adam and Gemma, the only blood Ramsay in it at the minute)

After breaking up with Rick Alessi, Cody dated Stonie, Toadie's older brother but it didn't last long, due to him still being kind of childish and on his 3rd go of Y12, aged 21 while Cody was a Uni Fresher. Cody died after getting hit by a stray bullet through no. 30's living room window (badly edited the BBC who showed her on the floor before the shooting) when some dealers came back to recover their stash from a stolen car that Mal and Stonie went on halves on. According to Doug (who talked about her a lot during his 2014-16 run) the one who shot her got 12yrs. Cody never rode a motorbike but dated Stonie who did and later, Sam Kratz (Cheryl Stark's nephew, who later married Annalise in London in 2000)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Doug died in the 2016 Lassiter's explosion along with Grandson Josh. He'd been diagnosed with Alzheimer's 2yrs earlier and became forgetful. Pam was married to the Doug til the day he died.  Terese (Better Known as Sophie Simpson in a previous life), Doug's ex-daughter-in-law (She was the woman Brad left Beth for and had Piper and the twins Imogen and Josh with, and in turn Brad left her for Lauren in 2015, whom he had Paige with, who had been adopted out and tracked them down in her 20s) is the one who married Paul as Wife Number 6 in 2019 (despite Paul's Elle daughter Elle calling the surviving four ex-Mrs Robinsons to try and get the wedding stopped)  . They currently live at Number 22 with Paul's Granddaughter Harlow, and Roxy (Doug's granddaughter via Adam and Gemma, the only blood Ramsay in it at the minute)

After breaking up with Rick Alessi, Cody dated Stonie, Toadie's older brother but it didn't last long, due to him still being kind of childish and on his 3rd go of Y12, aged 21 while Cody was a Uni Fresher. Cody died after getting hit by a stray bullet through no. 30's living room window (badly edited the BBC who showed her on the floor before the shooting) when some dealers came back to recover their stash from a stolen car that Mal and Stonie went on halves on. According to Doug (who talked about her a lot during his 2014-16 run) the one who shot her got 12yrs. Cody never rode a motorbike but dated Stonie who did and later, Sam Kratz (Cheryl Stark's nephew, who later married Annalise in London in 2000)

I just remembered, Steph Scully is who I was referring to earlier. She used to ride a motorbike. I think her mum got married to Paul Robinson.

Would be interesting to know the actors who went on to have regular jobs after leaving Home and Away and Neighbours

Daphne is now a school teacher. Claims she was uncomfortable with fame which led to her wanting to leave acting. I just checked she had a small role in Home and Away as well.

Neighbours-Daphne-Clarke-looks-like-now-

Edited by Summer's Bay

A lot of the cast starting out underestimated just how big Neighbours would be. 

Elaine was still young and wanted to do other things and nobody would have accepted Daph leaving Des straight off.

They were One of Five Golden couples on the street, so Daphne biting the dust had to happen and it left a ripple effect; Des was never as happy again despite remarrying.

Elaine's H&A character was the wife of a recurring H&A police officer whose daughter accused Kim Hyde (played by a still relatively unknown Chris Hemsworth) of sexual assault at the gym when he rebuffed her advances and tried to the same to Lucas Holden. The daughter was an attention seeker all because her dad got promoted and spent time away from the family.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Elaine's H&A character was the wife of a recurring H&A police officer whose daughter accused Kim Hyde (played by a still relatively unknown Chris Hemsworth) of sexual assault at the gym when he rebuffed her advances and tried to the same to Lucas Holden. The daughter was an attention seeker all because her dad got promoted and spent time away from the family.

Pic of said character ?

https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/carter_grace/

• Like 2