Neighbours...the early years?

Summer's Bay

7 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Probably like Kylie, he feels like he doesn't need to revisit the character/too old/too busy touring/etc

There was a time where he was pretty down on his luck, I always assumed a trip back to Erinsborough wouldve helped his popularity. 

What character did Uncle Phil Matheson play in Neighbours?

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

There was a time where he was pretty down on his luck, I always assumed a trip back to Erinsborough wouldve helped his popularity. 

What character did Uncle Phil Matheson play in Neighbours?

A gay builder named Andrew MacKenzie, who became Doug's boss. He was the show's first acknowledged gay character. Debbie Martin had the hots for him and was crushed when he rejected her, this was a trigger for Debbie's bulimia.

10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

A gay builder named Andrew MacKenzie, who became Doug's boss. He was the show's first acknowledged gay character. Debbie Martin had the hots for him and was crushed when he rejected her, this was a trigger for Debbie's bulimia.

How random. Do you think he acted better in Neighbours? I always felt like he wasn’t suited as Uncle Phil but was cast because he is good looking 

6 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I thought it was odd that they killed off Cody Willis. Funny that she went to American and came back looking completely different lol

Producers didn't want Amelia back to play her so they cast Peta, who eventually quit in 1995 (the show kind of went a bit crap in the mid-90s and there was a big fat raft of exits). It was a classic screw-the-audience ending thinking she was gonna survive ala Daphne and Todd years before but then Cardiac Arrest kicked in. Her return was basically to coincide with the departure of Brad who ironically returned (he was originally a two-shot character who went out with Sharon) after she left for the states! It's not only the Ramsay and Robinsons that have a relative tag in for another! In recent years, Ned came into replace his half-brother Josh (one of the three kids Brad had with Terese, who he had left Beth for) who died in the hotel explosion along with Doug.

She was largely forgotten about after her death (save for a mention at Cheryl's funeral) until Doug mentioned her a bunch of times during his Alzheimer's story arc of 2014-16 during his return, one such case he planned to meet her, which prompted worry from the family.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just read that Jane and Des got married! How odd and random. However, I guess it made sense to end that chapter. Now its time for Mike to come back, so that Mike and Jane can have their happily ever after.

Also I thought the storyline was that Jane went to look after Mrs Mangel, so where did her daughter come from?

What happened to Bronwyn's sister- the one with the curly hair?

Does anyone ever mention Henry Ramsey?

Edited by Summer's Bay

Not sure what happened to Henry or Sharon.  Daniel might have mentioned him but I might be mentioning that.

Jane looked after Nell but she also married Mr Stone and had a family.  She has mentioned children but apart from Nicolette we don't know how many she has and what are the names of the other children.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chair said:

Not sure what happened to Henry or Sharon.  Daniel might have mentioned him but I might be mentioning that.

Jane looked after Nell but she also married Mr Stone and had a family.  She has mentioned children but apart from Nicolette we don't know how many she has and what are the names of the other children.

Did she mention getting married when she first returned to erinsborough, or is that something that came up in her second stint? 

I still don’t understand how Paul and Jane got together, that was really bizarre.

Are Karl and Susan still together? 

Edited by Summer's Bay

Yes. It didn't end great with Vic (Nicolette and her unnamed siblings dad). He was mentioned first time, wasn't named til second part of return stint.

Kennedys are still together, Time to time the writers will remind of (depends how you look at it) Their Healthy sex life??

Des is and out at the minute his 2020s character is a wee bit tougher but still Des underneath it all.

21 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

What happened to Bronwyn's sister- the one with the curly hair?

Does anyone ever mention Henry Ramsey?

Sharon followed Henry and Bronwyn to NZ, shortly after they married.

Her character was kind of a spare part in 1990 (like Des when he sold #28 to the Willises and moved into after Nick left for London and Bronnie left to join Henry. She did little else but go to school and work in the coffee shop until mid-year.

Henry got a mentioned a great deal with Madge was still alive. Harold mentioned him occasionally. Daniel as mentioned talked about him a bit. Shown in the many flashbacks of Scott and Charlene's wedding.

Buckley's of getting Guy Pearce back, sure he'd be cheaper than Kylie but he's one of Neighbours A-listers. A recast is the only other option  but no-one ever buy Mike with a new head.

• Like 1