Neighbours...the early years?

Summer's Bay

He filmed on H&A in late 1989 which transmitted 2 months later, the episodes with him in them are Copyrighted to  that year. Almost the first Quarter of 1990 is. He joined Neighbours mid-1990 when they wanted to bring in the Willises (Brad had two guest shots and Cody was pretty much a regular)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

There was a period of time where Mike was living with the Mangels. I think it was there that he read Janes diary, and discovered her crush on Scott. Why was he living there? 

Harold was laid up after his car accident and temporarily moved into #28 with Des, Daph, Jamie and, Mike and sharing a room with the latter. Hazza's snoring got on Mike's nerves and Jane suggested he stay at #32 in Harold's room til he recovered. Nell agreed but made ground rules, as standard (stay out of each other's rooms blah blah)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Summer's Bay said:

Is there a reason why Janes is jumping from relationship  to relationship  to relationship? She was just married to Des a few weeks ago, and now she’s with Clive? 

Do we know why Jane and Des didn’t work out?

I really hope this is leading to Mike and Jane reuniting. 

As mentioned Nicolette poked holes in their relationship when she visited them in Perth after the marriage.  Paul Keane says he's willing to continue playing Des on flying visits but will not recommit to a full-time return as he lives in Sydney and is "a good place" (sort of like the reverse of Debra Lawrence and H&A because she and Dennis live in Melbourne)

I think Jane has a nostalgia attraction thing going on as does Clive (he and Bev hooked up for a bit when she came back). Her longest relationship post-Mike and post-Des was most likely Vic (ex-hubby, father of Nic and her siblings, who have yet to be named)

They'd mostly recast Mike (which wouldn't sit well) if it came down to it because Guy's just too high profile now. I imagine Mike would likely be married now with a few children of his own living in the Phillipines.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 18:55, CaptainHulk said:

As mentioned Nicolette poked holes in their relationship when she visited them in Perth after the marriage.  Paul Keane says he's willing to continue playing Des on flying visits but will not recommit to a full-time return as he lives in Sydney and is "a good place" (sort of like the reverse of Debra Lawrence and H&A because she and Dennis live in Melbourne)

I think Jane has a nostalgia attraction thing going on as does Clive (he and Bev hooked up for a bit when she came back). Her longest relationship post-Mike and post-Des was most likely Vic (ex-hubby, father of Nic and her siblings, who have yet to be named)

They'd mostly recast Mike (which wouldn't sit well) if it came down to it because Guy's just too high profile now. I imagine Mike would likely be married now with a few children of his own living in the Phillipines.

I recall you mentioning that Jane and Mike keep in touch, but I don't recall any mention of a wife, so maybe that is being kept open for a return?. I don't agree with recasts, however I don't mind them if they happen to preserve the character. 

Based on what Annie said, Guy would be open to returning to Neighbours, however I don't think he would be open to a long stint.

I'm trying to remember when this happened?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKQZLNKHL9f/

I remember Jane getting engaged to some American business man, but I dont remember why she broke up with Des.

Edited by Summer's Bay

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I recall you mentioning that Jane and Mike keep in touch, but I don't recall any mention of a wife, so maybe that is being kept open for a return?. I don't agree with recasts, however I don't mind them if they happen to preserve the character. 

Based on what Annie said, Guy would be open to returning to Neighbours, however I don't think he would be open to a long stint.

I'm trying to remember when this happened?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKQZLNKHL9f/

I remember Jane getting engaged to some American business man, but I dont remember why she broke up with Des.

The wife and kids was my own speculation. A Mike return would be decent, Clive and Paul are still around and Melanie now lives on Anson's corner (She was one of Toadie's tinder dates in last week's eps, UK pace).

The episode was June 1989, shortly after Mike's 21st birthday.

She and Des broke up 1st time round because she devoted pretty much the next 30yrs of her life looking after Mrs Mangel in England despite her being newly married (she later outlived John), she basically called Des and she wasn't coming back to Australia, breaking the engagement.

The Mark Granger business didn't work due to his snooty mother's interference (unfairly judged Jane and her family, Joe in particular) and Rosemary, who had dealings with the Grangers, telling Jane she'd be making a mistake if she went through with it. The actor who played Mark coasted off the character off the bit and made in-character appearances at events.

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

The wife and kids was my own speculation. A Mike return would be decent, Clive and Paul are still around and Melanie now lives on Anson's corner (She was one of Toadie's tinder dates in last week's eps, UK pace).

The episode was June 1989, shortly after Mike's 21st birthday.

She and Des broke up 1st time round because she devoted pretty much the next 30yrs of her life looking after Mrs Mangel in England despite her being newly married (she later outlived John), she basically called Des and she wasn't coming back to Australia, breaking the engagement.

The Mark Granger business didn't work due to his snooty mother's interference (unfairly judged Jane and her family, Joe in particular) and Rosemary, who had dealings with the Grangers, telling Jane she'd be making a mistake if she went through with it. The actor who played Mark coasted off the character off the bit and made in-character appearances at events.

From the dialogue in the clip, it sounded like Des/Jane had broken up for a short period of time, and Mike thought he had a chance

I assume the American guy was someone she dated after Mike broke up with her.

Shame that Melanie and Joe didn’t work out. Has he ever returned at all? 

6 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Shame that Melanie and Joe didn’y work out. Has he ever returned at all? 

Mark Little returned in 2005 around the time of the 20th anniversary and Sky was a regular on the show.  He was in it for a couple of months. The role was meant to last for a few months but it didn't work out.  I'm not sure of the details.