Neighbours...the early years?

Summer's Bay

6 hours ago, Chair said:

Mark Little returned in 2005 around the time of the 20th anniversary and Sky was a regular on the show.  He was in it for a couple of months. The role was meant to last for a few months but it didn't work out.  I'm not sure of the details.

Read Mark Little's interview on Perfectblend.net. Gist of it is, he was supposed to stay 6 months but didn't like the direction of his storyline (Don't blame him). Last heard out of Joe was he was in Port Douglas with Harold, Sky and her brood and was the one who called Jane when Mrs Mangel died (one-sided phone convo but his number came up on her phone)

Back to Jane. She and Mark got together in late 1988. Prior to that Jane and Des had a bit of a non-starter. Des ended up falling for Penny, one of his bank colleagues but she chucked him for their Boss. Post-Penny, Des and Jane got close again. Mike happened to give Helen, Bronwyn et al the impression that he and Jane were back together, ahead of that scene where she calls him out on it.

• 2 months later...
On 27/02/2021 at 10:20, CaptainHulk said:

Read Mark Little's interview on Perfectblend.net. Gist of it is, he was supposed to stay 6 months but didn't like the direction of his storyline (Don't blame him). Last heard out of Joe was he was in Port Douglas with Harold, Sky and her brood and was the one who called Jane when Mrs Mangel died (one-sided phone convo but his number came up on her phone)

Back to Jane. She and Mark got together in late 1988. Prior to that Jane and Des had a bit of a non-starter. Des ended up falling for Penny, one of his bank colleagues but she chucked him for their Boss. Post-Penny, Des and Jane got close again. Mike happened to give Helen, Bronwyn et al the impression that he and Jane were back together, ahead of that scene where she calls him out on it.

Did Bronwyn ever return?

Not sure how I feel about Jane and Clive. Based on some of the reviews I’ve read, the Jane character has turned a bit more comedic. Not sure how I feel about that. 

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Did Bronwyn ever return?

Not sure how I feel about Jane and Clive. Based on some of the reviews I’ve read, the Jane character has turned a bit more comedic. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Bronwyn wasn't seen again after 1990 but mentioned for the remainder of Madge's 1st stint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

Do Jane and her daughter live in Mrs Mangels old house, or with Clive? 

What happened to the woman Clive cheated on with Jane? 

Jane does. Nic moved across to #24 to be with her gf, Chloe Brennan.

Sheila's still around. She tried to use Des to make Jane and Clive jealous which ultimately failed and Des, Clive and Jane kind of got into it but worked thins out before Des went back West.

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Jane does. Nic moved across to #24 to be with her gf, Chloe Brennan.

Sheila's still around. She tried to use Des to make Jane and Clive jealous which ultimately failed and Des, Clive and Jane kind of got into it but worked thins out before Des went back West.

So Des came back to Erinsborough after he and Jane split up?

I hope Clive and Jane aren’t talking about marriage...the producers have turned her man hungry 

Yes.  He came back twice. As mentioned when Nic phoned him to clear the air with Jane and when Sheila called him in her scheme to reunite Des and Jane, which was more to do with Sheila trying to get Clive back as mentioned.

I don't think Clive and Jane would get married especially after their last ones went South. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 04/06/2021 at 10:31, CaptainHulk said:

Jane was at #32 for a bit but now seems to have moved over to Number 24 with Nic and Chloe.

Paul lives at #22, think he bought #26 and rents it to Sheila Canning and her Grandsons.

I give up trying to watch it. It’s too “modern” now. It’s like the show evolved and left me behind lol.

Everyone’s houses look so different, and the story lines are not as good as the earlier days.

I need to see some more old faces! 

• Like 1