Characters' exits that left a gap in the show

adam436

Soaps like H&A have a huge turnover of cast and the show pretty much recovers from most exits pretty quickly. But which characters do you think did leave a massive gap when they departed?

For me, the main characters were Sally and Pippa #2, which is strange, as I was never a huge fan of either character. In both cases, the producers didn't rush to replace them with a clone (as opposed to say, Tom Fletcher, Flynn, Shelley), so their departures were probably felt for much longer. 

Marilyn was another character, both in 1992 and 1999, as the show was lacking a character with such energy and dizziness following her exits. Again, they didn't rush to replace her with another ditzy blonde or even just a new "light" character (I guess we got Colleen in 1999 though!)

Ailsa was pretty much my favourite character in the late 90s, but when she died, I didn't really miss her as much as I thought I would. I'm not sure why - perhaps because I'd lost enthusiasm for the show as a whole at that point or perhaps because it was we no longer had the original Diner. Like, if we did, I feel like her absence would be more felt, as she was a constant at the diner for over a decade.

Fisher was another favourite of mine, but like Ailsa, I didn't really miss him either, perhaps because he'd taken a back seat in storylines in his final few years.

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

When all  characters form  2011 - 2014  era all left. 

As much as that wasn't my favourite era, I agree with you, there was a lack of solid characters, it is better now that the Morgan's and Astoni's are here, but it feels like the Morgan's are always in drama. 

11 hours ago, David Deex said:

As much as that wasn't my favourite era, I agree with you, there was a lack of solid characters, it is better now that the Morgan's and Astoni's are here, but it feels like the Morgan's are always in drama. 

I miss that cast era!.

Era may have had it flaws with certain characters living in their own bubble but I just loved that cast.

17 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I miss that cast era!.

Era may have had it flaws with certain characters living in their own bubble but I just loved that cast.

Yes, I didn't love the Braxton drama, but as brothers they were good and I liked Dexter, April, Bianca, Sasha (Sometimes), Oscar, Evie, matt maddy.

On 04/02/2018 at 06:21, adam436 said:

Soaps like H&A have a huge turnover of cast and the show pretty much recovers from most exits pretty quickly. But which characters do you think did leave a massive gap when they departed?

For me, the main characters were Sally and Pippa #2, which is strange, as I was never a huge fan of either character. In both cases, the producers didn't rush to replace them with a clone (as opposed to say, Tom Fletcher, Flynn, Shelley), so their departures were probably felt for much longer. 

Marilyn was another character, both in 1992 and 1999, as the show was lacking a character with such energy and dizziness following her exits. Again, they didn't rush to replace her with another ditzy blonde or even just a new "light" character (I guess we got Colleen in 1999 though!)

Ailsa was pretty much my favourite character in the late 90s, but when she died, I didn't really miss her as much as I thought I would. I'm not sure why - perhaps because I'd lost enthusiasm for the show as a whole at that point or perhaps because it was we no longer had the original Diner. Like, if we did, I feel like her absence would be more felt, as she was a constant at the diner for over a decade.

Fisher was another favourite of mine, but like Ailsa, I didn't really miss him either, perhaps because he'd taken a back seat in storylines in his final few years.

Definitely Pippa (snr) & Sally, I feel the show lost it’s heart when Pippa left - it’s never been quite the same since, then it lost it’s moral compass when Sally left.

I think the school has been lost without Fisher, but realistically he didn’t have much longer there.

Archived