The Future is Here (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

1 hour ago, Ludub said:

Have to say, I'm very surprised by Hunter's reappearance in this (as what would initially appear as a relatively reformed character? :huh:) I kind of expected him to have fallen in with an even worse crowd during his time in prison and to have become even more angry and damaged as a result of it. Putting him with Darcy is interesting (I never would have imagined you doing that!). I was trying to figure out their age difference... and I was thinking that Heath might have a problem with that (but then he can't really say anything, since he bagged himself April at an indecently young age!) Given that this is Hunter (and this is your story), is Heath right to be worried? That's the question.

Kat and Justin? wrinkles nose :wacko: (simply because I hate Kat with a passion, and quite like Justin :lol: so I don't really want to have to picture that) but hey ho... Nate and Bianca is interesting - I actually think they'd work well. I'm enjoying getting my head around all your couplings. Quite entertaining!

49 minutes ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Interesting couple pairings (Nate/Bianca, Justin/Kat, Ash/Tori, Hunter/Darcy)

I had to sit and work it out again, but I think there's 4-5 years between Hunter and Darcy, she'd have been 19 when they first got together and they're now both in their 20s, so it's not too bad.Whilst I'm no fan of Hunter on the show, my "no character assassinations" rule is in full force.I wouldn't portray Hunter as worse than he is on the show just because I don't like him: I'm aware that there are Hunter fans out there. And yes, this chapter did seem to exist mainly for me to establish who's with who post-time skip.

1 hour ago, Ludub said:

Did I say that I loved this chapter? I really did! :)

Aw, shucks.Reading it back I was worried that it was basically just filler and not much happened so I'm glad you liked.

• Like 2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Kristen said:

Shocked you put Darcy and Hunter together 

7 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Agree with others about interesting pairings ..... Tori/ASh is ironic, and as for Darcy/Hunter, I think Darcy has NO/BAD taste !!!!!

4 hours ago, pembie said:

Interesting pairings you have going on here

Is Hunter going to start killing people that is the question? :lol:

Wow, all anyone wants to talk about is Darcy and Hunter! It did seem vaguely plausible given their respective histories.They won't be appearing much though.

I thought up Tori and Ash ages ago then the show came along and nicked it! I'm possibly going to be doing even less with them, to the point that I think I might need to write them an extra bit at some point...

Probably get next chapter up tomorrow.

• Like 3

Great chapter

Loved Phoebe having a go at Kat for sleeping with almost all her exes.

Oscar's alive and has a kid with Maddy well I didn't see that coming.

This is really good I look forward to more

Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen

So much to love in this chapter :)

Oscar and Maddy have a kid!!! Oh, this makes me a little sad... but really happy at the same time! I think there might have been better ways to break the news to Evie but I guess it got the job done! (Can I ask a question out of interest. Not a criticism, just curious. Why do you call her Evelyn when she hasn't been Evelyn since she was very first introduced and no-one calls her that?)

Love Heath and April. Very funny post proposal moment with him getting frisky a little too soon. 

Again, I'm really liking Josh and Phoebe together. He's kind of sweet and vulnerable here. Understandable really, seeing as he's kind of at her mercy. If he pisses her off, he'll be homeless. I loved that line about Kat, and I'm glad Phoebe's willing to give Josh a chance. 

I wonder what's going on with Leah? 

There’s LOTS to love bout this chapter ….

Heath admitting that he can actually finally totally be himself when he's with April [and vice versa];

Josh etc saying that they were merely Away when they were you know where;

“If you want a recommendation for younger men, I can give you one,”Billie offered, and

The brilliant notion, and logic, of “dead people” like Oscar curing cancer, cos of the various ppl who would obstruct/stop that happening.

Wonder what the rush back to the Bay is all about !!!!

Oh, and btw, Dance Academy – The Movie was released on DVD here in Oz today ……and I’ve just finished watching Abagail and the gang’s US etc adventure for the 1st time in the comfort of my own home !!!!!!

I liked how Josh didn't comment on wheather he thought Phoebe's singing was good or not Just Yes I have heard her :lol: And I think I would class Josh and Phoebe as boyfriend and girlfriend It makes it clearer for them both and Phoebe wouldn't have to ask Kat about it.

Phoebe and Kat just seemed to have like the fakest friendship going on the show :lol:

• Like 1