The Future is Here (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

EDITED: DELETED. Oops! Sorry about that! I didn't realise my reply was above. ?

To cut a story short, I was having problems trying to post my reply but the website error message said 500 limit reached or something like that so I gave up trying again and left it alone so I can come back and post my reply when it's up and working again but I didn't know my reply was already posted, lol! :P 

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you all responded quickly!

21 hours ago, Kristen said:

Oscar's alive and has a kid with Maddy well I didn't see that coming.

Well, I've mentioned him being alive enough times in this story and the previous one!The kid is new though.

13 hours ago, Ludub said:

Oscar and Maddy have a kid!!! Oh, this makes me a little sad... but really happy at the same time! I think there might have been better ways to break the news to Evie but I guess it got the job done!

8 hours ago, JosieTash said:

The brilliant notion, and logic, of “dead people” like Oscar curing cancer, cos of the various ppl who would obstruct/stop that happening.

Yes, get as many alternate universes where Oscar is alive and, if at all possible, happy with Maddy out there as possible! Having been deliberately vague in the first story, I now had to come up with an explanation for what exactly he was doing. (I must admit, I have no idea what "vacuum therapy" is. I've got an image of the patient being suspended in zero gravity...)

Love Heath and April. Very funny post proposal moment with him getting frisky a little too soon. 

11 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Liked the part when Heath proposed  to April

Heath admitting that he can actually finally totally be himself when he's with April [and vice versa];

Yeah, that scene pretty much summed up my thoughts on Heapril, great to be writing for them again!

21 hours ago, Kristen said:

Loved Phoebe having a go at Kat for sleeping with almost all her exes.

Again, I'm really liking Josh and Phoebe together. He's kind of sweet and vulnerable here. Understandable really, seeing as he's kind of at her mercy. If he pisses her off, he'll be homeless. I loved that line about Kat, and I'm glad Phoebe's willing to give Josh a chance. 

4 hours ago, pembie said:

I liked how Josh didn't comment on wheather he thought Phoebe's singing was good or not Just Yes I have heard her :lol: And I think I would class Josh and Phoebe as boyfriend and girlfriend It makes it clearer for them both and Phoebe wouldn't have to ask Kat about it.

Yes, I quite enjoyed writing all those scenes.There's a lot of Josh and Phoebe here because they're the "new" couple and I need to get them established.

(Can I ask a question out of interest. Not a criticism, just curious. Why do you call her Evelyn when she hasn't been Evelyn since she was very first introduced and no-one calls her that?)

Wow, is it really that universal?I hadn't noticed, probably because my brain's still trying to process why they chose to pronounce her name in such an odd way.To be honest, I used to call her Evie when I liked her and Evelyn when I didn't, then about halfway through 2014 I pretty much gave up on her not being annoying and she's been Evelyn to me ever since! I think I still have the characters call her Evie when it's appropriate?

4 hours ago, pembie said:

Phoebe and Kat just seemed to have like the fakest friendship going on the show :lol:

I remember in one of Phoebe's last episodes they called each other best friends and I thought "Well, if you are, it's only because everyone else you've ever been friends with has left town or died!" But it did seem like Kat was the person Phoebe would speak to here.

Oh, and btw, Dance Academy – The Movie was released on DVD here in Oz today ……and I’ve just finished watching Abagail and the gang’s US etc adventure for the 1st time in the comfort of my own home !!!!!!

I am indeed aware of that.In fact, I ordered it off eBay yesterday for what seemed like the staggeringly cheap price of $29.95 (£15.98), so hopefully that'll be on its way to me soon.I'll let you know when I've seen it!

1 hour ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

EDITED: DELETED. Oops! Sorry about that! I didn't realise my reply was above. ?

To cut a story short, I was having problems trying to post my reply but the website error message said 500 limit reached or something like that so I gave up trying again and left it alone so I can come back and post my reply when it's up and working again but I didn't know my reply was already posted, lol! :P 

Don't worry, if you want to tell me twice that you liked the chapter I don't mind!

Might get the next chapter up tomorrow, if not it'll be Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Wow, is it really that universal?

I don't mean that people on the site don't call her Evelyn, I think a few people do... although I always find it odd. For me, it's kind of like calling Billie 'Belinda' or Ricky 'Erica'. It jars a little... but it's fine if you prefer Evelyn (obviously! :wink:). I was just curious.  I might be wrong, but I don't think anyone ever really calls her Evelyn on the show anymore, except maybe Zac (very occasionally?). I think Evie called herself 'Evie' even when she was introducing herself to people. I feel like 'Evelyn' kind of became a name that she left behind when she left the cult.

4 minutes ago, Ludub said:

I don't mean that people on the site don't call her Evelyn, I think a few people do... although I always find it odd. For me, it's kind of like calling Billie 'Belinda' or Ricky 'Erica'. It jars a little... but it's fine if you prefer Evelyn (obviously! :wink:). I was just curious.  I might be wrong, but I don't think anyone ever really calls her Evelyn on the show anymore, except maybe Zac (very occasionally?). I think Evie called herself 'Evie' even when she was introducing herself to people. I feel like 'Evelyn' kind of became a name that she left behind when she left the cult.

I really hadn't thought about it.She was still credited as Evelyn right up to the end, which Billie and Ricky never were, although thinking hard about it Kat's still credited as Katarina which doesn't come up very often anymore and Ash gets credited as Martin which he's pretty much never been called... Ah well, me calling a character by a name that no-one else uses isn't exactly unusual!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I really hadn't thought about it.She was still credited as Evelyn right up to the end, which Billie and Ricky never were, although thinking hard about it Kat's still credited as Katarina which doesn't come up very often anymore and Ash gets credited as Martin which he's pretty much never been called... Ah well, me calling a character by a name that no-one else uses isn't exactly unusual!

Wow, I've never really taken notice of the credits. Ash as 'Martin'?! That's pretty odd! 

It would be quite funny if someone wrote a story with all the characters' full names - there are so many shortened versions! Just off the top of my head, we'd have Erica, Darryl, Joshua, Andrew, Nathaniel, Zachariah, Victoria, Belinda, Martin, Katarina, Christopher, Matthew, and Vincent Junior... oh and Alfred! :lol: It sounds so much less Australian! haha!

Edited by Ludub

Oh dear that is very sad...This really will rock or change the bay forever I was shocked  I thought something was up with Leah.. Oh hang on I think there might be some hope but I won't say in case I ruin it for other people

Cool that  Jett's back and I enjoyed the scene with him and Mason

Oh and I mis read abit Billie was talking about changing V3's nappy and I read it as VJ :lol: But your quite right V3 does sound like a World War 2 rocket.

Edited by pembie