Kyle Braxton: One-Shot Series

AtlantaG1912

Great one shot! Poor Kyle, It sounds like he has some good friends who care about him but I don't think that it was the best thing to make him sneak out because then he got grounded. His foster parents sound very strict and I believe that it would probably happen sooner or later anyway at least this time he had friends with him. I can't believe that someone spiked his drink that's so bad, no wonder he got so drunk. Once again amazing one shot and I can't wait to read the next one, please update soon. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, the author here just wanted to say thank you again for the lovely comments from the last chapter. Also I'm sorry I have updated in a while I've been on holiday and only been back two days. Anyway here's the next chapter.

Idea by Ludub ( backtothebay ): Maybe you could do one about his time in the hospital before the kidney transplant. How he felt about things and looking back on his life (thinking he was going to die).

Chapter 5 – Reflection

Hospital – ICU

Kyle had just been told that his only option now was a kidney transplant if he wanted to live. Kyle had agreed but on the condition that the kidney came from someone he didn't know otherwise he didn't want it. Everyone in the room had started to protest even Ash which completely shocked him considering the two had got on lately.

"Come on Kyle at least let us try to see if we are a match." Ricky had demanded.

Sighing Kyle says: "I already said no! If I get lucky on the waiting list and it comes from someone I don't know then I will take but I will not let any of you put yourselves in danger because you are trying to help me."

Phoebe was about to say something when Dr James Edmunds entered the room with a smile on his face.

"What is it?" Kyle asks.

"Well Kyle I've just had a look through your file now your brother Heath isn't a match but your brother Darryl is. So if we give him a call and he can get here on time we can get started." Dr Edmunds says.

"Doc!" Ricky says to him.

"Now don't worry I know he is in jail but all it takes it a call to the prison and your brother's lawyer and we can get the ball rolling."

"Doc, we can't call him." Ash butts in noticing how quiet Kyle had suddenly gone.

"What? Why not?"

Ricky looked at Kyle too then said: "He passed away a couple of months ago."

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Dr Edmunds says.

"Are you though?" Kyle says under his breathe.

"Excuse me?"

"I said are you? I noticed the look on your face when you said that you knew he was in prison and you didn't seem very happy about that."

"I didn't have any look on my face that would suggest that." Dr Edmunds tells him.

"Yes you did! So do me a favour and get out!" Kyle shouted at him "Actually all of you get out!"

"Kyle, the doctor didn't mean anything by that." Phoebe says calmly knowing what Kyle can be like.

Kyle grabs the cup of the side table and throws it: "GET OUT!"

They four of them quickly leave not wanting anything else thrown at them.

Hospital – Corridor

"I'm so sorry Doctor Edmunds." Ricky says apologetically "Kyle still hasn't really gotten over his brother's death."

"That's ok but I think for now it might be best if we give him some room." Dr Edmunds replies.

Ash who felt guilty about protecting Brax's secret even though he could help save Kyle, speaks up: "Well can I still get tested to see if I'm a match?"

Dr Edmunds nods his head and they all follow the doctor away from the ICU.

Hospital – ICU

Kyle could here the four of them talking from outside the room just as a tear slid down his face.

Why did this have to happen? Why was I so stupid to not listen to Nate and come here when he first told me to? Better yet, why did I join that stupid poker game? If I had done something differently then my only hope of a great match wouldn't have come in the form of Brax. God, I miss you Brax. At least you would have still been here if you weren't a match unlike Heath who hasn't even bothered to call to ask if I'm ok.

Kyle started to cry without caring what others would think if they saw him now. He suddenly started to reflect on his life up till this moment.

I'm going to die and I just realised I haven't done anything with my life. Sure I'm the owner/manager of the family restaurant but that's not something to be remembered about at least Phoebe will always be able to say she has a song and music video out there but not me I give up when I could he done something great with my life. Oh God, the baby if it's mine I won't be there to see it grow and Ash will become its father because I doubt he'll mention me. What about Ricky? How will she cope when I'm gone after all she just lost Brax and couldn't handle that? Baby Casey will never have me there to protect him like Brax would have wanted me to. I'm going to miss everything and all because of some stupid poker game!

Kyle's reflection on his life was interrupted by a nurse entering the room to check his vitals. As she did that Kyle went back to his thoughts as he looked out the window and noticed the rain making its way down the window just like the tears coming out of his eyes.

Is there a happy Kyle story coming? Because by gum you do like being cruel too him :lol:

Naa very good maybe Ash could get in touch with Brax and somehow. Brax could give Kyle his kidney without him knowing it.. Like Kyle said he would take the kidney if he didn't know the person doing it.

Gosh I miss the The Braxtons they were good.

Great Chapter.

Poor Kyle!! I felt so sorry for him, I always wanted to see what was going through Kyle's head when that happened. He's was right about the Heath thing I couldn't believe that Heath wasn't even hardly mentioned through that storyline. I felt so sorry for Kyle. Brax being a match for Kyle was so hard for him, losing a brother and then knowing that. that brother could save your life would make it so much harder, I'm going to say it once again.

Poor Kyle! Please update soon.

Aw, poor Kyle :( That was something that kind of annoyed me about this storyline. I know Heath could be a bit selfish but surely if your brother was dying you'd make the trip from the 'city' to see him. They could have got around Dan Ewing not being available for filming by just talking about Heath being there. Ricky could have walked into Kyle's hospital room and said 'I just saw Heath on his way to the canteen'. Simples! Anyway very sad for Kyle to feel that he's been abandoned by the brother who's still alive, and desperately missing the one he thinks is dead. Also heartbreaking for him to imagine his baby growing up without him. I don't blame him for crying. I'd cry a river!

I like Pembie's idea to have Brax secretly donate a kidney! That could be your next story! :P

Archived