What was gained by killing off Chloe?

adam436

5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Probably Two things.

To Facilitate Jesse's departure and reunite Ben Unwin with old castmates Kristy Wright and Michael Picciliri (though not seen on screen with him, probably caught up off cam).

To Distract us from the tiresome Kim/Hayley/Scott Paternity quagmire and the ongoing Stalker storyline for a couple weeks.

Shows kills off characters mainly because actors want to leave. and with larger casts like H&A and Neighbours it frees up a slot for someone new to come in to replace them,

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, samdanfan said:

Shows kills off characters mainly because actors want to leave. and with larger casts like H&A and Neighbours it frees up a slot for someone new to come in to replace them,

Yeah, but Chloe had left the show and was brought back to die.

It was a stupid storyline that ruined Chloe, Jesse & to a certain extent Josie. They spent good screen time on the J&J romance and then broke them apart... yet both left at the same time. And then they completely ruin Jesse by him killing Chloe.

Yeah... Jesse's final few months weren't the best were they... He was all but the town pariah. Couldn't let go of Leah and all but forced himself on her, damn near injured Hayley, Drunk himself half to death, picked fights. Often alienated his so-called friends.

31 minutes ago, Pierced Musie said:

It was a stupid storyline that ruined Chloe, Jesse & to a certain extent Josie. They spent good screen time on the J&J romance and then broke them apart... yet both left at the same time. And then they completely ruin Jesse by him killing Chloe.

I could never take Josie seriously anyway because it was so ridiculous she was identical to Angie. It's a shame really - I was never a Jesse fan either, but it would have been nice to see him move to Queensland and try to build a relationship with his daughter.

As I've said, if Kristy could return in 2005, she may have been open to returns in the future, especially with/after Kate Ritichie leaving in 2008 (i.e. a familiar face to help fill the void). She could have essentially taken on Kirsty's storylines :)

2 hours ago, Pierced Musie said:

There many characters that been ruined by writers,

2003-2005 was certainly a period that seem to ruin characters. I wasn't a fan of many of the characters I've listed below, but they were further ruined by storylines/the writers:

• the Sutherlands, an already-unlikable family, went even further downhill. Firstly, they were ruined by the fact that Jade wasn't their daughter (making a mockery of the twin "connection"), especially when there were other alternatives to writing out Jade, and also by the fact that Kirsty married her sister's rapist. Rhys and Beth also got married, only for him to be axed a few months later.
  • Seb came across as pathetic in his last few months because he couldn't get over Kirsty (or was it Jade?!)
  • Killing off Noah was another mistake. I'd rather of him realise that Hayley was way too good for him and leave. If they wanted a death at the hands of Sarah Lewis, I'd have gone for Rhys (who left around the same time). His death would have had an impact on more characters and avoided him and Beth separating.
  • Hayley or Kim were ruined by the baby/love triangle storyline dragged them and Scott down further. It almost felt like "oh, Dani and Noah are gone, so let's pair up Scott and Hayley because they are the leftovers".
  • Leah went through a dark patch here too, but she recovered. Firstly, I didn't like her and Jesse as a pairing, and secondly, the way she fell for Flynn during the surrogate storyline.
  • Jesse and Chloe - as discussed above.

The only highlights in that period were Sally and Flynn's wedding and episode 4000. The rest of that period should well and truly written off.

I agree with you I'm not a fan of some yet I hate to see them ruined by a bad storyline or make a bad judgement call to want to leave and take a chance elsewhere else.

Another series I know from a source one actor BEGGED to stay and the show forced him and some others out to make room for New Characters One was killed off and the others left town.  Its sad to see team players treated in such a bad way. Sadly some actors resent working on a series full time and others would love to have a job like that.

Archived