What was gained by killing off Chloe?

adam436

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7 June 2016 at 7:29 AM, adam436 said:

Can someone please tell me what was gained by killing off Chloe? I always felt this was a huge mistake. Chloe was a classic 90s characters and given Kristy was open to an extended guest stint (by that I mean, it was longer than the 1-2 episode cameos most of the Episode 4000 returnees had), who's to say she wouldn't have been interested in more guest stints or even return as a regular one day.

Her death wasn't even necessary to write out Jesse, who could have left to be closer to his daughter or reunited with Josie (who left a few weeks earlier).

When it first happened, my initial thought was Olivia was going to be the next foster child for Sally and Flynn (it had been some years since we had a Sally/Sam-aged foster child), but she was quickly whisked off by James.

After the Summer Bay Stalker storyline and the Sutherland twin swap, Chloe's death was the final straw that made switch off H&A for good for about 9 years.

Funny, I completely agree with you about everything, including that ludicrous Sutherland storyline, but I loved the stalker story. What didn't you like about that?

I just thought it was too farfetched that Zoe/Eve would get revenge on a whole town because of the death of her lover, and some of her "targets" had absolutely nothing to do with Sarah. Plus, after all the build-up, I think making the culprit a guest character was a huge cop-out too - I picked her ages before the big reveal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived