Need New Young/Teen Characters

Remember back a few years ago they had Matilda and Lucas and Cassie and Ric - then Belle came to town looking for her mum who turned out to be Amanda. I cant remembe what happened to lucas - i know cassie left with Sally and then Ric and Matilda ended up together. They bring in troubled teens and then turn them around like Ric/Belle/Aden/now Hunter remember he started off troubled teen and now he seems ok. Then there was Annie and Jeff who were taken in by Irene, also back in the day Martha and Jack & Tasha&Robbie.

I think we need some new teen characters brought in a mixture of boys/girls. sO HOPEFULLY WE SEE SOME NEW TEENS COME IN OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE YEAR IS OVER.They need to focus back on the basis of the show - fostering troubled kids.

My favourite characters were Cassie right from when she arrived as she was taken part in the beauty pagent i cant remember what the pagent was called i think maybe the Miss Groper Pagent could be wrong. Also i always loved Hayley and Noah.

• Dan F changed the title to Need New Young/Teen Characters
38 minutes ago, DialMforMorag said:

Oh christ, there is enough teens for sure. I wish some of the older cast are given more material to act with and show off their talents. 

I agree! More storylines that don't involve teen drama too! Show under utilizes a lot of the older cast, to make more storylines for the younger cast. So I agree with you 100%

The younger cast keep coming and going on an endless cycle of same old, same old. Most of the current teens have either left or look as though are about to leave. The new batch (Hunter, Olivia, Skye) will no doubt go through the same boring cycle of storylines - break-ups/make-ups HSC stress etc. I agree, we need storylines with the older cast members plus (as I've mentioned before) I would like to see more of the younger cast staying on and finding their way into adult life.

Yes Pembie that can be said for all actors! I second the call yet I go younger I love to see more kids 10-12 years olds kind of Katie Ritchie and Simone Buchanan like I suggested years ago. Yet there alot of big shoes to fill there,

Having Preteens would be interesting I think.

I think preteens make things tricky for the writers

You need them to stay for more than 3 years - the usual contract term - or you get the really mad situation where Annie (and maybe Jai?) implausibly decided to go to Japan and never come back (I think they were only 16 at the time). Or you get them going to army college (Jett). Or to dance school, or wherever Matilda's brother Henry disappeared off to, never to be spoken of again. Or you get them being re-cast as an actor that looks 10 years older than his character a la VJ.  

For me, the problem is that the current teen characters are weak. I don't think they're poor actors (well, except for VJ), but I just have no emotional investment in Hunter after what he did, Olivia is so self-absorbed and why oh why is Skye, sensible smart Skye, interested in that car-crash of a boyfriend Tank? 

The answer is quite simple Have a wide mixture of ages that all intergrate well together, all that have equal billing to create a good ensemble of cast. They did it 30 years ago. Why is so difficult to do that now I'll never know. Surely they want to reach as many different viewers as possible. 

Archived