Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

There were more awesome scenes with Casey and Brax today. I totally felt for Casey when he said he was gutless and scared and he didn’t want to go to jail. With trying to prove himself worthy to Brax and trying to save his brothers from being killed – I actually think he is the smartest - after watching all the scenes play out. Out of Charlie, Cheryl and Heath – Casey was the only one out of all of them to actually stop Brax from doing anything silly. Although luck was on his side too with the HQ being full of illegal activities. Pretty please let him get away with it @writers! :huh:

He really does have attributes like Brax. The way he watched his back but then the remorse he showed too was endearing. Brax is a lot of things I know but there are plenty of great things too. And Casey showed some major snippets of the great that Brax has influenced on to him imo.

-Really impressive acting (totally both deserve logies I think); there was so much intensity – both of anger and love.

So Hammer is inside for the moment because he was trying to save his guns from being melted alive. What a hero! He is going to be one mad man when he gets out. Brax is right the fire didn’t solve anything long term but no harm in procrastinating death :unsure: . I’m excited for Monday’s drama to unfold. Another 3 episodes next week with them (I think – I hope I am not dreaming that up)!

Okay I think this was the best Charlie and Brax scene we have seen in a while as they were sharing air without taking sharp snipes at each other. For the record she believes him. For the record we knew that!

<3 Brax! “Now that’s taken care of, can I ask you in for a cup of ‘coffee’ ?” If she had said ‘yes’ I would have been ready to diagnose her with an addiction to ‘coffee’. It is not the right time just yet but hoping for some great make-up scenes soon. They are LONG overdue

PS LOVE the heroic Heath too! Haha so much chemistry between him and Liam too :P

DocZed64 - Just catching up with yesterdays posts and have to say I agree with everything you wrote - loving all the Braxton boys and Charlie

Edited by Jane17

I lost a few long nails to this episode! It was worth it though.

“And leave a cop as a witness, how dumb do you think I am” ooo silly question Ham. You untie the cop and let her stand around behind you to watch as you kill the man she loves! May as well of shot yourself in the foot. That way at least you would have survived. Poor kid was an amateur. Found him entertaining today and every other day though. Awesome job done by Benedict Samuel. IF Casey gets caughtfor the fire and put in juve – he’ll be spending time with Hammer-like teens. There was another great moment between Brax and Case today about giving himself a chance at a future by finishing school. I guess the writers found their way of keeping Case in uniform for next year. Lol how dare they use and abuse him like that! Poor kid; mean writers! :P

I have to say though at the end when Hammer fell to the ground I actually felt sorry for him. His brother Jake really didn’t have his best interest at heart. To make his kid brother do anything to get revenge on his behalf led to his ultimate demise. Am I the only one to find this tragic :( ? On the other hand of the spectrum - you have Brax doing his utmost to protect his siblings and Charlie at any cost - even his own. I understand the danger was Brax’s fault to start with but he is a world away from having the “evil” title that we witnessed from the Pirovich brothers.

There were some awesome one-liners. “Haven’t you guys played this game before” - the cheek! haha I am sure they have - for real and for ‘fun’

Have to admit I chuckled at Hammer’s story telling ability. Aww if he had a Brax in his life – he could have really got into English at school! Note to self – don’t read his fan fiction – it has no happy ending!

I am such a dreamer [and naive?]; I have way too much faith in this character. I really thought he would call the cops. I mean the outcome was too obvious. He and/or Charlie were going to be killed. What did he expect from Hammer? To serenade him with his gun in front of Charlie - seriously? Hmm he could have been smarter surely... even Hammer didn’t expect the cops! Hoping he did call the cops [definitely naive!]. Otherwise how will he explain being armed with a loaded gun? I guess in SB very few explanations are needed.

The first scene between Charlie and Brax was cute. Him trying to protect her. She being her stubborn self and refusing to believe she was in any real danger and that being a cop was the equivalent to being Super Woman! But I liked the way they parted with telling each other to be careful. Hammer really should have said less with Charlie. Lol was it just me or did he make Brax out to be some kind of Knight-in-Shining-Armour: stressing his flawed-ness in wanting to protect the people he cares about and not being ‘strong’ enough to put him in hospital. Lol I thought he was trying to persuade Charlie to marry the guy :wub:

<3Brax! “I don’t want you to be apart of this world Casey” ermm is Brax going legit now *excited grin*? Charlie did the deed. No need to thank her – it was her job and she is protected by her badge an all - unlike him [ :wink: or is he? lol imagine if he is HAA's own Bond and has a license to kill]

oo it's a little bit lonely. 2 rantings in a row on this thread .. ehh well here I go!

Ohh Brax. Something has to change. How can it keeping going on AND ON like this? I was waiting patiently for him to say something to Charlie. I mean he is the master of manipulation. Jeez louise – not even a ‘thanks for saving my butt’. Seriously, he should have told her the truth in a coded message: “It wasn’t me. But I am protecting my brother. PS it’s not Heath *wink wink*” – lol how hard is that?? :P

However, jokes aside, it is not like I don’t understand why he didn’t tell her but the truth is she just ends up looking like the fool. And they can’t be together if that behaviour continues. Hmm if he told her it was Casey, then that would be betraying his brother (not to mention ruining his future) and putting Charlie in a difficult position too as she would either have to lie to her colleagues or do her job and betray him. I give up - what a dilemma :blink: ! There was some nice acting by Esther in all her scenes today too. I liked Joyce’s little appearance and I am glad he didn’t give her too much of a hard time considering her compromised state. Also enjoyed the part Watson had to play. I think she has Charlie’s back. I am soo looking forward to her interaction with Heath.

The main scene that stuck out with me today was the spat that Heath and Casey had re Casey following Brax’s advice about finishing school. Again there was some fantastic acting by Lincoln. It was awesome the way he bought Darcy into it and challenged the type of role model Heath would be. He was totally right to go off on him. But you have to appreciate Heath’s response “My kid is NOT joining a gang”. I think this sums up pretty much the family dynamics they have had. Brax has been like a father to Casey hence his push to give him a life that was and is better than his own. I think Heath has only ever known what it is to be a brother but now with Darcy in the picture – he is really going to understand what Brax has been fighting for this whole time. Isn’t that what most parents want for their kids? To give them the opportunities they never had. Pretty sure we saw it today with him getting the counselors card off Bee. It would only be considered one tiny step for man but it’s one giant leap for Heath.

<3Brax! “I’m going to prove myself to you” hmm Brax needs to follow in Casey’s footsteps and prove himself. Clocks ticking and everyone is going gray waiting! <_<

How selfish is Brax?

Not once did he tell Charlie that he was sorry for causing her so much trouble! He is partly to blame for her suspension, again for which he didn't apologise. He only went to talk to her to find out if she had dobbed him in, again how awfully selfish is he being??

If I was Charlie I would want to kill him! He is just being so unbelievably horrible!

His actions could be argued as 'honourable' - the fact that he is continuing to protect Casey despite the fact that its ruining the relationship he shares with the woman he supposedly loves. But sure, Brax loves to lie, so I'm sure he would find another way of jeopardising his relationship with Charlie! <_<

As much as Brax's actions make me angry right now, i hate to say it but i think i can understand why he is acting this way. Casey is his brother after all, he will do whatever he has to to protect him. Even if it means lying to Charlie. I hated seeing her soo upset, she has just killed a man for him and still he's not being honest. :( The spoilers mention Charlie trying to get Brax to convince Casey to come forward, i'm just hoping that Brax ends up telling Charlie, rather than her finding out whent the rest of the police do from the evidence.

I think deep down Charlie knows it was Casey anyway, that's partly why she was so upset with Brax.

And didn't Brax's face say it all last night? He really does love Charlie, he's just torn with how to protect everyone he loves!

I just hope the writers don't keep stringing this drama along for too much longer. They've made such a big thing out of a couple who were never really together in the first place. Yes, they had the physical side to a relationship and they clearly do love eachother but they never had much of a go at things to start with. The writers need to realise that some of their fans will eventually give up on Chax if they don't give us some happy scenes soon! :)

Got to love Heath’s sense of humour. He and Watson are always comedy to watch. Lol do the writers not like Dan Ewing?? He is the one we always see getting slapped and punched by his brothers and mother. The irony since you would think he would be the one to do the punching. He totally deserved it though. Poor Casey is in turmoil over what he has done and Heath’s first reaction should have been worry - NOT him being upset that he’s not in the loop or proud of his kid bro for being an arsonist <_< . Hmm paternal Heath needs to come out to play!

My fave scene was Watson and Casey [huge Watson fan =)]. And it is clear that the cops know it was him and now they are just searching for evidence to prove it. I think she was genuinely trying to help Casey. It would be nice if Casey was the first to realize that the cops aren’t the enemy. They have a job to do – rightly so – to keep the world at peace an all. But they don’t have to be stone cold and without empathy to do their jobs well. I think with Brax being really worried for Casey and his future – he really hasn’t thought this through very well. Covering it all up will do more harm than good if more evidence is found. Shame Heath and Brax walked in when they did – I reckon Casey was close to breaking. So glad he told Ruby at least.

<3Brax! “You never let cops in the house and you never talk to them” – So crazy! It just stresses how forbidden his affair was with Charlie. Won’t it be fun when he starts talking to Charlie the cop and not seeing her job as the enemy. I guess we are waiting for him to change a habit of a lifetime.

Brax to Casey - "Ye don't let cops into the house, ever",...........but it's okay for Brax to let them into his bed??

How can things between Charlie (a cop) and Brax (leader of the Riverboys) ever work when he clearly doesn't trust the cops, and the cops never trust Riverboys?

They say it's a Romeo and Juliet style romance, but even Romeo and Juliet could trust each other, despite their warring families. If anything, at the moment, Charlie and Brax have relationship built on sex and nothing else. There's no trust, no communication, no such thing as comprimise.... They can't expect to ever have a proper relationship at that rate.

Right now, they're pretty much just friends with benefits. Minus the fun factor.

Brax to Casey - "Ye don't let cops into the house, ever",...........but it's okay for Brax to let them into his bed??

How can things between Charlie (a cop) and Brax (leader of the Riverboys) ever work when he clearly doesn't trust the cops, and the cops never trust Riverboys?

They say it's a Romeo and Juliet style romance, but even Romeo and Juliet could trust each other, despite their warring families. If anything, at the moment, Charlie and Brax have relationship built on sex and nothing else. There's no trust, no communication, no such thing as comprimise.... They can't expect to ever have a proper relationship at that rate.

Right now, they're pretty much just friends with benefits. Minus the fun factor.

Fantastic point, lollypop! :lol:

The problem is,I think Brax often forgets that Charlie is a cop! I think that's why he gives her such a hard time for doing her job! He sees her as somebody else, not a cop! That's always been the problem!

Also a good point about Romeo and Juliet! Charlie and Brax's relationship has definately turned into more of a sexual want than a personal, fulfilling relationship! They're like really eager chipmunks!

There will never be a relationship that works between these two as long as they can't trust each other. Going both ways.