Forever and Always

Thanks Kristen and CharlieAndBraxLover for the comments. :)

eighty-one

Charlie walked up the drive and into the house, seeing Brax carrying Eli’s bag down the stairs. “Miss Charlie,” Eli ran over to her. “My mummy is coming for me,” Eli danced around her. “I get to go home.”

“Ah that’s good then, huh?” Charlie questioned, Eli nodding with a big grin on his face.

“I can’t forget her cake.” Eli said, looking towards the kitchen.

“Nah you best not,” Charlie bent down to Eli’s level and rubbed his upper arm. “It’s in a tupperware box in the kitchen all ready for you to take.”

“I want cake.” Charlie looked to the side to see her daughter thumping down the stairs, one at a time as Owlie was tucked under her arm.

“The cake is not for you,” Charlie told her daughter and Georgia pouted before running through to the living room where Daniel and Kobe were playing Xbox. “Good job I finished work when I did or I wouldn’t have been able to say goodbye to you, huh?” Charlie said, once again rubbing his arm.

“Yeah but I’m getting back to mummy,” Eli beamed. “Is she here now?”

“Not yet bud,” Charlie answered. “And it might not be mummy coming for you either. It will be Tanya, remember Tanya?” Eli gave a little at his social workers name. “And she’ll probably take you back to mummy.” Eli frowned a little. “Go play with the boys and Georgia till she gets here.” Charlie said and Eli ran off into the living room.

“How was work?” Charlie stood back to her feet and looked to Brax who was leaning against the wall in the hallway.

“Uneventful,” Charlie answered. “You get the furniture up in Kobe’s room?”

“Uh-huh,” Brax nodded. “Daniel came in and helped me for a bit,” Brax exhaled. “We got talking and I causally brought up a baby,” Brax cleared his throat and Charlie looked a little surprised. “We didn’t talk in great length but he’d be fine with it. I know that much,” Brax told her and she gave a little smile as she walked closer to her husband. “He’s says they are noisy, sometimes cute and he liked to help with Georgia most of the time,” Brax informed her. “I guess he’s just going to be like any big brother. Sometimes helpful sometimes not.”

“Yeah,” Charlie answered, wrapping her arms around Brax’s waist, stepping into him so her body was pressed against his. “Well maybe he can be a helpful big brother tonight and feed himself and the little ones then bath and bed them so we can focus on getting pregnant.” Charlie said, raising her eyebrows as she placed a kiss on Brax’s lips.

“I think Daniel is a bit young for that task,” Brax mumbled. “Unfortunately,” Brax added in a whisper. “But maybe we could tell them an early night is in store....” Brax trailed off.

“You know they’ll ask why so you need to come up with an answer.” Charlie told him.

“Because we are taking them to the zoo.” Brax answered.

“The zoo,” Georgia shrieked and Charlie and Brax looked to the side to see Georgia jumping around in excitement. “Daniel....Kobe....the zoo.” Georgia squealed as she ran back into the living room.

Charlie glanced back at Brax, her eyes rolling. “Looks like we are going to the zoo.” Charlie muttered and Brax gave a little laugh before pulling his wife in for another kiss.

April was sitting on the bench, overlooking the ocean. She’d taken Leo out for a little walk so he could get some fresh air. “Don’t tell me you’ve had another?” April looked around as she heard the voice.

“Xavier,” April was shocked to see him before her. “What are you doing here?” April wondered. Xavier never came to the Bay, even more so since Gina had died almost 7 months ago now.

“Just because my mum’s not around anymore doesn’t mean I’m going to stop taking to John,” Xavier answered, glancing down into the pram. “So, the baby, it yours?” Xavier wondered.

“He’s not an it,” April answered. “And yes, he is my son.”

“Wow,” Xavier widened his eyes as he sat down on the bench next to April. “What’s the rush? You’re 20 with two young kids, you....what happened to you wanting to be a doctor?”

“I still want to be a doctor,” April told him. “And one day I will be but first and foremost a mother.” April lightly rocked the pram a she heard her son stir.

“So how’s Finlay liking being a big brother?” Xavier questioned.

“His name is Finn.” April sounded angry.

“Sorry Finn,” Xavier exhaled. “He’s good?”

“What do you care how’s he doing or what kind of brother he is?” April spat, the hatred she felt for Xavier boiling over.

“Because I....” Xavier paused. “Since mum passed away I.....I started to really realise what family is and that....they’re the most important thing in the world and before you know it, they’re gone from your life,” Xavier said, feeling his heart beating faster. “I screwed up, April.”

“So what you thought you’d come back to the Bay and win over me and Finn?” April stifled a laugh of disbelief.

“He needs his father.” Xavier murmured.

“And he has him,” April answered. “James is the only father he has ever known and more importantly is the only father he will ever know.” April raised her voice a little.

Xavier shook his head, rubbing one hand over the other. “He could be only chance for a child. My only blood relation in my life,” Xavier pursed his lips. “I lost mum, Hugo’s on the run, Brendan is happy in his care home, I....John tries but he’s distance himself and I....I’m never going to get the chance to have a child again.”

“Why?” April questioned. “Because you’d just end up abandoning your girlfriend when she’s pregnant again and no care to be in the child’s life or even sent a cent to help pay for your child?”

Xavier took a deep breath. “About a year ago, I met someone,” Xavier told her, seemingly ignoring April’s remarks. “His name is Lincoln.”

“He?” April gasped in shock, her hand covering over her mouth. “You are gay?”

Xavier gave a little nod. “We want to move here,” Xavier told her. “I want to work at Yabbie Creek station. Linc is an architect looking to start up his own business so he can do that anywhere,” Xavier smiled. “I want my son.”

“No,” April shook her head. “You don’t get to come back after nearly 4 years and demand him,” April said, feeling her heart beat through her chest as she got hot with worry. “I can’t stop you from moving back here and starting a life with your boyfriend but I sure as hell will do everything I can to ensure that you don’t get to hurt my little boy,” April said. “The last thing he needs is you coming in and out of his life for the next however many years,” April scolded. “He is happy. He has a father. We are a family and you are not coming back and taking him from that,” April spat as she stood up, putting her hands onto the buggy of the pram. “You’re not.” April repeated before she walked away from him, her heart still beating fast as she got a sickening feeling in her stomach.

Heath and Kaya were in the mall, Heath doing a last minute shop for Christmas. “Cupcake if I tell you something will you keep it a secret?” Kaya was holding Heath’s hand, swinging it back and forth a little as they walked.

“No.” Kaya didn’t hesitate.

“What?” Heath gasped. “Kaya you’re not supposed to say that.”

“Well how long have you knowed me?” Kaya asked him, stopping walking and looking up to face him.

“Uhm....around 7 months I guess,” Heath answered. “Why?”

“Have I ever kept a secret in that time?” Kaya questioned him. Heath having to bite his lip to laugh at her seriousness.

“No,” Heath cleared his throat. “Although this is a very good secret.”

“No,” Kaya dropped her hand from Heath’s and covered her ears. “I don’t do secrets.”

“Okay,” Heath moved Kaya’s hands from her ears. “It’s fine. I won’t tell you,” Heath exhaled, gesturing for her to keep walking through the mall. “You got everything you want to get your mummy for Christmas?” Heath questioned.

“Uh-uh,” Kaya nodded. “Auntie April took me to get all of it.”

“Awesome,” Heath said. “Well you still need to help me pick a few things out, okay?” Heath questioned and Kaya nodded as they walked into the shop, happy to helping in picking out presents.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you

eighty-two

Charlie, Brax and the kids were at the zoo. Charlie was tying a balloon string around Georgia’s wrist, Brax having bought her a Koala balloon, and of course not wanting her to let go of the balloon and have it fly away, Charlie decided to tie it to her daughter’s wrist. “You sure you two don’t want one?” Charlie questioned, looking to the boys.

“Uh-uh.” Daniel answered as Kobe shook his head.

“Can we see the wombat’s first?” Kobe questioned, giving a little jump. “I like wombats.”

“Wombats,” Daniel giggled at his little brother. “Wombats are boring.”

“Oh no,” Kobe shook his head. “They are interesting,” Kobe told his brother as they walked further into the zoo. “They are solitary and can be a metre long and live between 5 and 30 years.”

“Ah that is interesting bud.” Charlie said as Kobe took her hand, Georgia skipping off in front as Daniel and Brax walked next to them.

“What does solitary even mean?” Daniel questioned.

“That they live on their own,” Kobe told his brother. “In their burrows under the ground and come out at night.”

“That would be lonely,” Daniel replied. “No one ever should live on their own.”

“I used to be like a wombat.” Kobe said and Georgia stopped skipping, turned around to face him and giggled.

“You is a boy,” Georgia told him. “No be a wombat.”

“What do you mean mate?” Brax questioned, his hand rubbing over Kobe’s shoulder.

“Well,” Kobe exhaled. “I used to always be on my own in the old house and it would be dark and lonely,” Kobe spoke sadly. “Especially when I was in the cupboard.”

“Oh that’s awful,” Daniel made a fist with his hand, angry for his little brother. Charlie felt Kobe cuddling more into her and she rubbed his back soothingly. “But Kobe, you don’t need to worry about being lonely in our house there’s heaps of people for you to play with and it’s not dark ever,” Daniel shook his head. “Well except for at night and uhm we’d never put you in the cupboard.”

“We play hidey seek,” Georgia piped in, giving a little jump. “In cupboard.”

“Well apart from when you kids play hide and seek no one will ever be put in a cupboard.” Brax said as he ruffled Kobe’s hair.

“I know yous wouldn’t do that to me,” Kobe gave them a little smile. “You are my forever mummy and daddy,” Kobe’s smile grew larger. “And I gots a brother and two sisters now.” Kobe beamed.

“That you do, bud,” Brax ruffled his hair. “That you do.”

James walked into the bedroom, having just put Finn down to bed. He watched April as she fed Leo, staring lovingly into his eyes. “You okay?” James questioned, watching her as she rocked gently on the rocking chair in their bedroom.

“Yeah.” April answered.

“You’ve been pretty quiet all day,” James told her. “You know he’s okay now, right?”

“Hmm,” April pursed her lips. “I eh....Xavier is in town,” April told him as he sat down on the bed, facing her. “I ran into him when I was on my walk this morning.”

“Xavier?” James questioned. “As in, Xavier. Finn’s real father, the man who -”

“You are Finn’s real father,” April glared up at him. “Xavier may share his DNA but that does not make him his father and I...” April trailed off, her head shaking.

“What did he want?” James questioned.

“Finn,” April told him. “He said he wanted Finn. He wants to be in his life.” April spoke quietly, looking back down to Leo who was still happily feeding.

“So what you going to do?” James asked, one hand rubbing over the other nervously.

“Don’t you mean we?” April questioned, looking back to James. “Do you want Xavier coming in and telling Finn who he is? That he’s his daddy and not you?” April wondered. James felt heart beating faster as his nose flared, James feeling emotional.

“Of course I don’t,” James replied. “But at the end of the day if he took this to court, I....” James shook his head before taking a deep breath to compose himself. “As you say, he shares little dudes DNA not me and what court will deny a father his rights?”

“Maybe once they find out he abandoned us when I told him I was pregnant, that he hasn’t paid me even 10 cents towards Finn’s upbringing, that Finn is nearly 4 and has never spent even 5 minutes with him,” April retorted. “I...look, its Xavier so it probably won’t get to court anyways. He’ll have the idea in his head for a few days then it’ll pass. It always does.”

“Maybe.....probably, I....” James shrugged. “You where the one that was talking with him. Did it sound like all the other times or was he more....did he sound more...you know, like it’s what he really wanted?”

“I....” April shook her head. “I don’t know. He was....I couldn’t really tell what he wanted but Jay, Finn’s our little boy and I don’t want to share him,” April sounded like she was going to cry. “And if I am being selfish then fine call me selfish but I don’t want to lose time with my son.”

“Hey hey,” James got up from the bed and walked over to the rocking chair, his hand going onto it, stopping it from moving as his other went onto April’s knee. “We don’t know if that’s going to happen yet, okay?” James spoke softly. “Let’s just see how things go with Xavier. See if he is going to keep this up, yeah?” James said, April giving a little nod in reply.

Bianca looked down to the test that was in her hands. She pursed her lips, her heart beating faster and faster as she waited for the result to come through. She glanced up as she heard the doorbell. “Mummy,” Kaya’s voice roared. “Auntie April is at the door.”

“Let her in and I’ll be out soon.” Bianca answered, Kaya running over to the door and letting April and Leo into the house.

“Mummy is in the bathroom.” Kaya told her as she walked into the house.

“I see,” April nodded. “And now are you today?”

“Good,” Kaya beamed. “You know Santa will come in only 5 more sleeps?” Kaya questioned, jumping around April as she sat down on the couch before taking Leo from the baby carrier, removing it from her body and putting it down on the floor. Kaya leaned over April, smiling down at Leo. She gently ran her finger over his little hand.

“Don’t,” April batted her hand away and Kaya frowned at her. “Sorry sweetie just.....you can hold him later, yeah?” April said, keeping Leo close to her.

“Okay.” Kaya sighed. “So April do you think Santa will bring me my trampoline?” Kaya questioned.

“I don’t know,” April answered as Bianca appeared from the bathroom, smiling at her sister. “Have you been a good girl all year?”

“Uh-huh,” Kaya nodded. “Ay mummy I’ve been good and should get my big trampoline for outside?” Kaya looked up to Bianca with a smile.

“Yeah you’ve been good but we’ll just need to wait and see what Santa brings you, huh?” Bianca questioned and Kaya sighed before she nodded.

“So, little Leo wants a hug from Auntie Bee, doesn’t he?” Bianca cooed down at her nephew.

April looked panicked that Bianca wanted to hold her son. “Can you santise first please?” April questioned, moving her arm protectively over Leo.

“I just came out of the bathroom,” Bianca sighed. “Don’t you think my hands will already be clean?” April stared at Bianca for a moment, not blinking before looking to her bag that was on the floor leaning against the coffee table. Bianca rolled her eyes before walking over to April’s bag, taking out the sanitiser and squeezing a little onto her hand before rubbing it in. “Good?” Bianca cocked her head to the side.

April sucked in her bottom lip before hesitantly passing her son to Bianca. “So,” April exhaled. “Uhm....Xav’s in town.” April may as well just come out and say it. She’d probably run into him soon enough anyways.

“Oh wow,” Bianca sounded surprised. “And what does he want?” April took a deep breath before going to fill Bianca in on the situation so far.

eighty-three

“Heath.” Kaya beamed as she saw him walking towards them. He’d just finished his last shift at work before Christmas break and after going home for a quick shower he’d gone down to meet them at the beach.

“Hey cupcake,” Heath rubbed her back as she gave him a hug. “How was your morning with mummy?”

“Good,” Kaya skipped beside him back down to Bianca who was sunbathing. “Auntie April brought Leo to say hello and her and mummy talked ‘bout things.”

“What kinda things?” Heath wondered as he took a seat in the sand next to Bianca, who sat up from lying on the towel.

“Dunno,” Kaya shrugged. “It was boring so I went to play in my room.” Kaya said before she picked up her spade and continued to dig a big hole in the sand next to where they were sitting.

“Alright baby?” Heath questioned and Bianca gave a little nod in reply, a smile etching on her face. She leaned forward and placed a kiss on Heath’s lips. “How’s the little one doing?”

“He’s good,” Bianca answered. “Uhm, Xavier is back in town,” Bianca exhaled and Heath looked a little confused. “He’s Finn’s biological father,” Bianca told him, Heath widening his eyes at the news. “I hope April is just panicking. Xav’s said he’s wanted access before and it never comes to anything,” Bianca pursed her lips. “But, she did say that something felt different this time, but...” Bianca trailed off as she shrugged. “I guess we just need to wait and see what happens.”

“Surely the fact he’s not been here for Finn and the little man is nearly 4 will count for something, right?” Heath questioned and Bianca gave a little shrug off her shoulders.

“I dunno,” Bianca answered. “But anyways, we are both now on holiday, it’s nearly Christmas,” Bianca smiled. “I can’t wait for my first Christmas with you.” Bianca smiled, once again kissing Heath on the lips.

“The first of many,” Heath smiled, tucking Bianca’s hair behind her ear. “It’s going to be a good one too, I can feel it.” Heath said, a grin etching on his face.

“Me too.” Bianca gave him a smile.

“Heath,” Kaya jumped up and ran over to him. “Let’s go in the water.”

“Sure,” Heath stood up, sharing a gaze with Bianca as he did so. “Last one to the water is a rotten egg,” Heath said before he started running down towards the sea.

“Oi,” Kaya screeched as she chased after him. “No fair. We need to start together.” Kaya ran as fast as she could, trying to catch up with Heath. Bianca smiled as she watched them together, Heath turning and letting Kaya run into his arms before he flung her over his shoulder, Kaya giggling as he ran into the water with her. She ran her hand over her stomach as the smile on her face grew larger.

Finn was running around, his arms out to the side as he made airplane noises. He swerved passed an old woman who was walking out of the diner before bumping right into someone else. “Hey, watch where you are going little guy,” Xavier smiled down at the boy as he looked up to him. “Where’s your mummy and daddy?”

“They’s coming,” Finn told him. “And my baby Leo.”

“Leo,” Xavier repeated. “He your little brother?”

“Uh-huh,” Finn answered. “He in hospital but no now.” Finn shook his head as he spoke.

“Finn,” Xavier looked up as he heard April’s voice. She was standing next to James, James holding Leo in the baby carrier. “What have we told you about talking to strangers?”

“No to.” Finn answered as he ran over to his mother. April looked beyond Xavier, seeing Irene was watching from behind the counter.

“You go look at the cakes. Nana Reen will help you pick a nice out.” April told him, Finn running off as Irene walked over to where the cakes were before lifting Finn up, letting him see the selection.

“We’ve got a very handsome little one anyways,” Xavier said, glancing behind him to Finn before looking back to the couple, seeing James was lightly rubbing April’s back. “Looks a lot like you,” Xavier told her. “But a stranger?” Xavier stifled a laugh. “C’mon, April, I’m not a stranger.”

“To him? Yes you are.” April answered.

“Well I don’t intent to be for much longer,” Xavier replied. “I’ll be daddy soon enough.”

“Why are you doing this?” James questioned. “Why now? Why after all this time?”

“I don’t need to answer to you,” Xavier told him. “You don’t have anything to do with this.” Xavier said, taking a step closer to James.

April sniggered. “I think you’ll find he has very much everything to do with this,” April told him. “He’s the one who’s been here for Finn for the last 3 and a half years so his life,” April was starting to sound angry. “He bought him nappies and shoes and clothes. He feeds him and tells his stories and makes him laugh,” April’s voice rose a little with her anger. “He is always there for Finn.”

“And he can still be a stepdad but I am that boys dad and I intent on getting joint custody of him.” Xavier retorted.

“You have to be kidding,” April shrieked as she started moving close to Xavier. “Joint cus -”

“Hey hey,” James pulled April back. “Don’t start a scene here. This isn’t the place.”

April took a deep breath as Finn’s voice could be heard. “Daddy daddy,” Finn screeched. “Come see I picked one.” Finn said, pointing down to the cakes on display.

“I believe he is talking to me.” James didn’t mean it but his remark came across as smug as he walked over to Finn and the cakes.

April and Xavier exchanged a glance. “We can discuss this like adults or do it the hard way,” Xavier told her, feeling angry that he wasn’t even being given a chance. “I’ll be around till New Years so let me know,” Xavier told her. “Oh and....Linc and I would like a play date with little Finley. Let me know when is convenient for you.” Xavier said before he walked out of the diner, looking rather smug with himself.

Charlie bent down and put the tray into the gap, Brax taking it from her. They’d built a fort in the living room and were now having some cookies and milk as a snack. “Can we sleep in here tonight?” Kobe questioned as he reached for his glass of milk.

“Yeah,” Georgia screeched. “We sleep ‘ere.” Georgia patted the duvet covers that had been put down for a softer bottom of the fort.

“It would be cool.” Daniel said as he squirted chocolate sauce into his glass, Daniel wanting to make chocolate milk.

“Don’t see why not,” Brax answered as he took the chocolate milk for Daniel and squirted some into his glass, Charlie stifling a laugh that her 32-year-old husband liked to drink chocolate milk. “Right mum?”

“Mmm,” Charlie nodded. “Sure you kids can.”

“No,” Kobe shook his head. “You and daddy too,” Kobe answered. “All 5 of us will sleep in here and tell stories and jokes and play games.”

“Like a fun family night, huh?” Brax questioned, ruffling Kobe’s hair as he reached for a cookie and dipped it into his milk.

“Ruby too.” Georgia piped in, wanting her sister to join the down the stairs in the fort in the living room sleepover.

“She’s at Evan’s.” Charlie told her daughter.

“Evan,” Georgia beamed, Georgia very much a fan of her sister’s boyfriend. “He come too.”

“I think this fort will struggle with the 5 of us sleeping in it, let alone anymore.” Brax laughed.

“I brim Owlie.” Georgia told her father.

“Oh yes, I’ll bring Wally.” Kobe said.

Charlie laughed at the kids. “The stuffed animals can come.” Charlie said, as she picked up her second cookie from the plate on the tray, exhaling lightly at the thought of having to sleep on the floor for the night. If she had her choice, she’d be up the stairs in her comfy bed, but of course the kids wanted to sleep in the fort and she thought it would be a nice family memory for them when they were older.

“Yey.” Georgia cheered.

“Tell us a story now daddy.” Daniel pleaded.

“But it’s not bedtime,” Kobe gasped. “We haven’t even had dinner yet.”

“So,” Daniel shrugged. “We don’t only need to get stories before bed.” Daniel said, before all the kids glanced at Brax, waiting on him to start talking.

“Well c’mon daddy,” Charlie said after a lengthy pause. “Tell us a story.” Charlie patted his chest before Georgia crawled over and cuddled into her knee, everyone looking at Brax so he could tell them a story.

Thank you Kristen, CharlieAndBraxLover, Laura and Sarah. :)

eight-four

Charlie arched her back as she moaned, her fingers digging into Brax’s back as the hot water from their shower fell over them. Her breathing was heavy as she rested her head against his shoulder, Brax’s arms wrapped around her as her legs were around his waist. “Well that was a nice good morning,” Brax mumbled as his breathing regulated. “In fact, maybe we should have a little repeat.” Brax raised his eyebrows as he stared to place soft kisses on her neck.

“We can’t,” Charlie said, tapping Brax’s back. He sighed lightly as he put her down to standing, but kept hold of her, their bodies still pressed together. “The kids will wake up soon.”

“They were up till after 1am this morning,” Brax told his wife, the kids very much enjoying games and story night in the fort. “I’d say we have a couple more hours at least.” Brax raised his eyebrows as he once again kissed her neck.

“Well maybe we should go to our bed.” Charlie said, her hands rubbing his upper arms.

“Hey, you want to make this baby the old school way then let’s go back to bed.” Brax gave Charlie a cheeky grin.

“I meant we should go to bed to sleep,” Charlie replied. “Don’t tell me you got a good night’s sleep on the floor with Georgia’s feet in your face and Kobe’s arm draped over your leg.”

Brax stifled a laugh. “I was 18 when I took my two younger brothers out of mum’s place,” Brax told his wife. “It wasn’t easy at the beginning. Believe me I’m used to not having the most comfy of places to sleep.”

“Well if you come to bed with me and snuggle close I’m sure you’ll get the best sleep you’ve had in a while.” Charlie mumbled as she lightly rubbed his upper arms.

“Right now I don’t want to go to bed with you to sleep,” Brax told her. “Especially with the sight of you all gorgeous and naked in front of me,” Brax grinned as his hands lightly caressed her. “I just want this to happen.” Brax murmured as he moved his hand from being on her back to being on her stomach.

“I know,” Charlie exhaled. “And I’m pretty sure with the amount of sex we are having it’ll happen soon,” Charlie told him. “But I....” Charlie pursed her lips. “We want the sex to stay exciting, right?” Charlie questioned. “Like we don’t want it to come routine and loss the excitement...the spark, make trying for a baby a chore do we?” Charlie questioned.

“Well that’s why I suggested more shower sex,” Brax answered. “Shower sex is never boring.”

Charlie stifled a laugh. “I’m going to get dressed,” Charlie said, pulling herself away from Brax’s grasp and opening the shower door. “Get these kids up and see what they want to do today.” Charlie murmured as she shut the shower door, leaving Brax inside on his own. She picked her towel up from the towel rail before wrapping it around herself and walking through to her bedroom to get ready for the day.

Ruby pulled the t-shirt from the case, then another, then another. “Rubes,” Evan sighed as he took some boxers from his top drawer and walked over to the case. “I don’t think you understand the concept of packing.”

Ruby huffed as she put his t-shirts back into the case. “I wish you weren’t going.”

“It’s only for a week,” Evan exhaled. “And I’ll be home for New Years,” Evan told her, taking her hands into his and rubbing his thumbs over them. “We’ll have a great New Year.”

“I know but,” Ruby pursed her lips. “Last Christmas I was all sad and missing Dex like crazy and now this year I have someone I love to celebrate the day with and now you’re not even going to be here.” Ruby sighed, pulling her hands away.

“Sorry baby but I need to give my mum one of the holidays,” Evan sat down on the bed next to Ruby. “I’ve not seen here in 7 months, it’s time to go home.”

“It’s not like you are 12.” Ruby muttered.

“Rubes,” Evan spoke softly as he rubbed her back. “It’s our first Christmas without dad. I need to be there with her,” Evan exhaled and Ruby bit her lip. Of course she understood what Evan was saying, but she just didn’t want to be without him. It was supposed to be their first Christmas together; it was supposed to be special. “And to be fair I did invite you to come. You could have met my mum, we’d have had a great Christmas together but you didn’t want to not be with your mum and stepdad and the little ones.”

“I know,” Ruby sighed. “Just going to miss you is all.” Ruby said as she looked up into his gorgeous green eyes.

“I’ll miss you too,” Evan said before he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “But like I said, I’ll be back on the 29th and we get New Years together.” Evan smiled as he rubbed over her cheek with his thumb.

“Yeah we do,” Ruby gave a smile. She wasn’t thrilled about missing Christmas Day with her boyfriend but at least they’d get to celebrate New Years together, so it was something. She exhaled before looking down to her watch. “Probably about time we got going to the airport, right?” Ruby questioned and Evan gave a little nod as he stood up, zipping the suitcase shut.

“Don’t look so sad. I’ll be back before you know it.” Evan said, pulling her into a hug and the pair of them staying in the embrace for a moment before Ruby drove him to the airport.

Bianca squeaked excitedly as she saw her baby nephew. “You are going to make me sanitise before I can hold him, right?”

“She will BeeBee,” Finn nodded as he got the bottle of hand sanitiser out of the nappy bag for his Auntie. “Yucky stuff.” Finn screwed his face up as he handed it up to Bianca.

Bianca rolled her eyes as she shared a glance with James before Finn ran off to Kaya’s bedroom to play with his big cousin. “Right, all clean.” Bianca threw the bottle to the ground and practically snatched Leo from April’s arm. “Gimmie my little cutie munchkin,” Bianca cooed, holding Leo close to her, the boy trying to focus his eyes on her, but at being only 3 and a half weeks old, he wasn’t quite there yet. “Little handsome bubba.” Bianca lightly rubbed his cheek with her finger tip.

“Jeez Bianca,” April exhaled. “Clucky much?”

“Clucky, yeah,” Bianca cleared her throat, feeling a warm glow in her chest. “So, how’s the Xavier situation?” Bianca questioned.

“He wants joint custody,” April sighed. “He also said he wants to have him for the day and wants to introduce him to Lincoln.”

“Who’s Lincoln?” Bianca questioned. “Don’t tell me he’s produce another kid because he’s not proved to be there for Finn let alone -”

“Uh-uh,” April cut over her sister. “Lincoln is his boyfriend.”

“His what?” Bianca sounded surprised. “Xavier is gay?”

“Yeah,” April answered. “Anyways, he ehm.....he wants a playdate with Finn and Lincoln and I....I don’t know what to do.” April sighed. She knew deep down if Xavier wanted to be in his son’s life that she couldn’t stop him from getting rights but she didn’t want it to happen. She believed Finn was better off without Xavier. He already had a dad and was doing just fine.

“Well if he is going to be staying in the Bay and is sure he really wants to be in Finn’s life then as much as it hurts me to say it,” Bianca exhaled, pausing for a moment. “I think you need to give him time to get to know his son.”

“Would you let Liam barge into Kaya’s life?” James questioned, Bianca looked to her almost brother-in-law, a little surprised at his questioned.

“I....” Bianca sucked in her bottom lip.

“See, you wouldn’t want him coming into her life, causing disruption and confusion.” James exhaled. “I love that little dude so much and it would break my heart for him to get close to Xavier. For him to know that he is his father, that I....I’ve been lying to him about who I am.”

“Babe you’ve not been lying,” April shook her head. “In all senses of the word, you are Finn’s father,” April said. She took a deep breath before looking towards Kaya’s bedroom door before looking back to her sister and fiancé. “But if Xavier is serious about this and takes it to court, I...” April shook her head. “I’m not saying he’s going to win his joint custody attempt. I think that’s ridiculous. Ludicrous,” April stifled a laugh. “But a Saturday dad.....maybe.” April gave a little shrug.

“Well I think you and Xavier do need to talk,” Bianca exhaled. “Because in all of this, that little boy is the most important thing and you both need to do what’s best for him.”

“I know,” April exhaled. “But right now I want to enjoy Christmas with my boys so we’ll talk after that,” April said, James lightly rubbing her back, knowing she was worry about losing time with her son. “Anyways, we didn’t come here today to talk about Xavier,” April told her sister. “We did have something to ask you,” April looked to James with a smile. He gave a little nod before April looked back to her sister, the smile on her face growing larger. “Jay and I would love it if you would be Leo’s Godmother.”

“Oh April,” Bianca gasped. “I would love to be.”

“Sweet,” James smiled. “Can see you will shower him with enough love anyways,” James gave a little laugh, watching her with his son. Bianca smiled at him before looking back to Leo, her heart skipping a beat. “You making Auntie Bee all clucky?” James said, leaning forward and rubbing his son’s little cheek. April looked to Bianca and thought that from the look on her face, she was more than just clucky.

Thank you Kristen, Sarah, CharlieAndBraxLover and Sabrina. :)

eighty-five

Charlie arranged the flowers in the vase before walking over to the kitchen table, putting them down in the centre. “Oooh gorgeous flowers,” Ruby said as she walked into the kitchen. “What did Brax do?” Ruby chuckled.

“They’re not from Brax,” Charlie answered. “And he doesn’t just get my flowers when he’s done something wrong.”

“I know. Soppy git he is,” Ruby muttered as she walked further into the room. “Who they from then?”

“Eli and his mother,” Charlie answered. “A thank you for looking after him.”

“You deserve more than flowers for looking after him for a week,” Ruby muttered before she sniffed, smelling something nice. “What’s cooking?” Ruby questioned.

“Georgia and I made cupcakes,” Charlie answered, glancing down to the oven where they were currently cooking. “So you get Evan off to the airport okay?”

“Unfortunately.” Ruby nodded.

“Aww c’mon Rubes,” Charlie walked over to her daughter and rubbed her arm. “You wouldn’t like being away from me for Christmas would you?” Charlie asked and Ruby shook her head.

“But I....you know how bad last Christmas was for me and I was really looking forward to spending this Christmas was Evan and now he’s gone.” Ruby bowed her head sadly.

“You are still having a Christmas Day with him when he gets back, right?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah but on the 29th. That’s not Christmas. Christmas is the 25th.” Ruby sighed, her hand banging frustratingly against her thigh.

“I’m sure you and Evan will still have a great day together. The date doesn’t matter sweetheart,” Charlie tucked Ruby’s hair behind her ear. “All that matters is you will get to have a nice day with your boyfriend.”

“Mmm.” Ruby didn’t sound so sure. She opened her mouth to talk again but Georgia came running back into the kitchen, her little pink and purple Peppa Pig apron over her clothes.

“The cakes cookeded?” Georgia questioned, sticking her face against the over door as her little hands were either side of her face.

“Watch the door will be hot,” Charlie said, pulling her daughter back. Georgia frowned before she sat down in front of the cooker, watching the cupcakes. “They still need 10 more minutes yet.”

“Aww.” Georgia frowned as she held her head in her hands, continuing to watch the cupcakes as they cooked.

“What kinda cupcakes you made, little Gee?” Ruby questioned as she sat down next to her sister.

“Cupcakes.” Georgia scrunched her nose up as she looked at her sister.

“Vanilla,” Charlie answered as she started loading the dishwasher with the bowls and spoons they’d used to mix up the cupcake mixture. “And we are going to make raspberry icing and cover them with sprinkles.”

“I loves springrels.” Georgia grinned, rubbing her hands together at the thought of sprinkles.

“They are yummy huh?” Ruby ruffled Georgia’s hair, Georgia nodding her head vigorously.

“Uh-huh,” Georgia nodded. “Cupcakes too.” Georgia pointed to the oven, her face lighting up as she looked at the cupcakes.

“They are yummy,” Ruby agreed, wrapping her arm around Georgia as she cuddled into her sister. “Hope you’ll share them with me?” Ruby questioned.

“No,” Georgia gave her sister a cheeky grin. “Theys mineses.” Georgia said, Ruby gasping as she started to tickle Georgia’s sides, Georgia bursting into a hysterical laugh, Charlie smiling down at her girls.

Bianca walked out of Kaya’s room, having been reading her a bedtime story. She walked across to the couch where she sat down next to Heath. “You going to tell me what’s up?” Heath questioned as he handed Bianca the glass of wine he’d poured for her.

“Nothing is up,” Bianca glanced at the glass for a moment for leaning forward and putting it back on the coffee table. “What’s makes you think something is wrong?”

“I never said anything was wrong,” Heath took a drink of his beer. “But you’ve been.....I dunno,” Heath shrugged. “Like you’ve been deliriously happy of late and have a spring in your step.”

“So I am happy,” Bianca said. “Should I not be?” Bianca questioned. “I’ve got an amazingly little girl, a gorgeous loving boyfriend, my nephew is all clear from being sick....” Bianca trailed off. “Life is great.”

“You sure that’s all it is?” Heath questioned, tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Yeah,” Bianca answered, her hand going onto his thigh. “And you know it’s our first Christmas together and I’m excited for you to see what Kaya got you.”

“Kaya got me something?” Heath sounded excited at the thought of a gift from Kaya.

“Of course,” Bianca answered. “I mean don’t go expecting a Rolex or a sports car but yeah, she got you a gift.”

“Sweet,” Heath grinned. “And you’re right, our first Christmas together is exciting,” Heath said. “And of course I can’t wait for you to get my gift.” Heath said, his eyebrows raising, as he put his bottle of beer down on the coffee table.

“Me either,” Bianca said. “For you to see what I go you, I mean,” Bianca pursed her lips. “Well this one thing anyways. Sort of a surprise find but I’m sure you are going to love it.” Bianca gave a little grin, part of her thinking it was wrong to have not told him right away, but she thought this way would also be nice.

“I’m sure I’ll love anything you get me,” Heath smiled before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her lips. Bianca smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen as Heath wrapped his arms around her back, pulling her closer to him so their bodies were pressed together. “How about an early night?” Heath whispered as he stood up, pulling Bianca up with him as they kissed.

“Mmmm.” Bianca murmured between kisses as they made their way over to the bedroom.

“Got a secret admirer?” Brax questioned as he pointed to the flowers on the kitchen table. Charlie jumped a little in fright, not expecting the voice.

“Mmm,” Charlie turned her head to face him, putting her glass of water down on the kitchen worktop. “Not so much a secret admirer though,” Charlie questioned. “He’s tall, dark, handsome, rich....” Charlie exhaled. “Ten years my junior but hey, a lady can have her fun, right?” Charlie questioned and Brax gave a nervous laugh before looking at Charlie with a serious look on his face. “They are from Eli and Terese,” Charlie told him, Brax giving a little nod as he pulled his wife into his arms. “How was work?” Charlie questioned.

“I don’t want to talk about work.” Brax said, his hands caressing her back as he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Baby making is all you want me for these days.” Charlie muttered as she wrapped her arms around Brax’s neck as they shared another kiss, this one getting more passionate.

“Well you need to be useful for something,” Brax joked as he pulled back from the kiss, lifting Charlie up onto the kitchen worktop. Charlie gasped as she slapped his chest, hard. “Ouch.” Brax moaned.

“You want us to make a baby then less talking to me like that.”Charlie said and Brax gave her a sad pout before one again kissing her lips. They let the kiss get more passionate as Brax ran his hand up Charlie’s thighs and went under her skirt. Charlie pulled at Brax’s belt, unbuckling it and undoing the button then the zip of his pants, all while the kiss became more intense. Charlie slid her hand down his boxers, cupping him and he pulled her panties from her. The kiss became more passionate, their tongues crashing around each other’s mouths as Brax pulled Charlie forward slightly, Charlie pushing his pants and boxers down a little, their want for each other very evident as the kissing only intensified.

Thank you.

eighty-six

Charlie, Ruby and the kids were standing at the bottom of the stairs, the kids with excited little faces as they waited for Brax to come out of the living room saying Santa had been. Ruby yawned as she leaned her head against her mother’s arm. “It’s so early.”

“You could have stayed in bed.” Charlie told her daughter.

“Georgia woke me up,” Ruby told her mother. “And anyways I want to see them when they see their gifts.” Ruby mumbled.

“Right then,” Brax appeared in the hallway. “He’s been.” Brax sang and Georgia and Daniel raced into the room, Kobe, Charlie and Ruby walking in after them.

“Where’s mineses?” Georgia pulled on Brax as she looked at all the gifts, wanting to rip them all open immediately.

“These ones are for Georgia,” Charlie said, pointing to the pile on the left side of the couch. She gave an ear piercing scream as she ran over and started ripping at the first gift she could get her hands on. She glanced at Daniel who had found his own pile on the arm chair before she looked at Kobe who was still standing by her side. “Those are yours buddy.” Charlie said and Kobe looked up to her, looking a little surprise before he walked over and ran his hand over the green shiny bike. He looked down to all the other gifts that were there before Charlie noticed his lips were trembling as his nose flared. “You okay?” Charlie walked over to him and rubbed his back as he leaned into her.

“I’ve never had this much from Santa before,” Kobe spoke quietly as a tear escaped his eye. “Are you sure it’s mine?”

“We are very sure,” Charlie bent down to his level, rubbing his arms as she spoke. “Now, you go open all your gifts, huh?” Charlie said and Kobe gave a little smile as he nodded his head, before he started to open his presents.

“I got a scoo-er,” Georgia screeched as she pulled at the pink and purple scooter with a purple helmet hanging over the handle bars. “Wow eeee.” Georgia jumped around all excited with her main gift.

“There’s a note here,” Daniel said as he picked it up and read it. “It says my gift is outside.”

“Well best go see what it is then huh.” Brax said and Daniel nodded as he ran out of the room and to the front door, not caring he was in him pyjamas as he burst outside. Charlie and Brax followed after him, the other two too busy opening their presents to care to come out and see what Daniel had gotten.

“Oh wow,” Daniel screeched as he saw the half pipe and skateboard rail on the decking close to the garden. “Wow wow wow,” Daniel ran across and saw he also had a new skateboard. “This is the coolest gift ever,” Daniel jumped before he gave his mother hug. “Thank you so much.” Daniel gushed.

“Gotta thank Santa, not us.” Brax told his son.

“Dad,” Daniel glared up at him, staying in the hug with his mother. “I’m 9. I don’t think Santa is real,” Daniel exhaled. “Well I think you are Santa for us,” Daniel sounded a little sad. “I’m right, ay? Santa’s just pretend for little kids?”

“Don’t tell your brother and sister.” Charlie told him as she rubbed his forehead.

“I won’t,” Daniel said. “Can I play on the half pipe now?” Daniel pleaded.

“Don’t you want to open all your other presents first?” Brax questioned.

“I can do it later,” Daniel answered. “Please let me play.” Daniel clasped his hands like he was praying.

“Go and put your helmet and pads on first then.” Charlie answered and Daniel cheered before running back into the house to get his things. Charlie and Brax gave a little laugh as they shared a glance before walking back into the house to see Kobe and Georgia opening the rest of their presents.

“Oh my Goodness,” Finn screeched as he pulled the underpants from the wrapping paper. “I got undypants,” Finn held them up the air. “Daddy Mummy look,” Finn could hardly contain his excitement as his body shook. “See.”

“Yeah I see them little dude,” James laughed. “But look at your scooter.” Finn’s blue and red Spiderman scooter was leaning against the couch, the matching Spiderman helmet hanging over the handle bars.

“I seen it,” Finn answered, still staring at his underpants. “Thems blue, red, green, yellow.” Finn said the different colours.

April laughed at her son being more excited and getting new underpants than getting a scooter. A scooter he’d been asking for for months beforehand. He held the pack under his arm as he reached for another present and began ripping it open. “Oh wow bud,” April gasped. “Lots of lollies.” April said, Finn grinning as he looked at each pack of lollies.

“I share wiff Leo.” Finn said, looking up to his mother very sweetly.

“Leo is too young for lollies.” April told him.

“But daddy will have some.” James teased as he leaned forward and took a packet of fruit chews in his hand. Finn widened his eyes as he looked up at his father.

He scowled before reaching for the next present, tearing it open with the same excitement he had with each one beforehand. “Why Leo not opening his?”

“He’s a little young to be able to open presents,” April said, looking to the baby monitor for a moment, Leo still asleep up the stairs. “Once you’ve opened all yours you can help mummy and daddy open Leo’s hmmm?” April questioned, Finn grinning as he nodded, of course loving the idea of getting to open more presents.

“Yeah mummy I will help open all thems,” Finn said looking over to the huge pile of gifts that Leo had been given from family and friends. “But I got lots first.” Finn said, looking to his equally large pile.

“You do huh?” April questioned, Finn nodding his head. “You are a lucky little boy, aren’t you?”

“Yup.” Finn answered as he pulled at another presents, James and April loving watching him excitedly tare open all his presents.

Kaya had gotten her big trampoline for the garden, along with a new baby doll and pram, clothes, Barbies, lollies and heaps more. She’s gotten through opening her presents quickly and she was now very excited to see Heath opening the present from her to him. “Hurry.” Kaya frowned, Heath taking too long just looking at the gift.

“Calm down sweetie,” Bianca told her daughter, pulling her back as she tried to pull at the paper. “You’ve opened all your presents. Let Heath open this one.”

Kaya exhaled frustratingly. “I’m opening it, I’m opening it,” Heath said, pulling at the paper and discarding it to the floor, gasping as he looked down to a photo frame, hand painted by Kaya at the crafts centre. It was light blue in colour with a white surfboard with two blue stripes going down it at one end and had a picture of Heath and Kaya in it from one of their many days at the beach. He smiled as he ran his hand over it, his heart skipping a beat as he ran his finger over the word ‘Dad’ that was painted onto the centre bottom in dark blue. “Kaya,” Heath exhaled. “This is my favourite ever present.” Heath smiled as the girl as she lunged forward into a hug.

“I get to call you dad now, mum said I could.” Kaya smiled.

Heath felt his heart swell. “I’d love that,” Bianca could see Heath was trying hard not to well up. “Thank you so much cupcake,” Kaya and Heath stayed in the embrace as he placed a soft kiss on her temple. “Right, its dad’s turn to give mum her gift.” Heath said, loving the sound of him being ‘dad’ so much already. He pulled back from the hug and pulled the box out from under the tree.

“Wow,” Kaya gasped. “That’s huge. Can I open it for you?” Kaya said, looking sweetly up at her mother.

“Oh go on then.” Bianca said and Kaya grinned before reaching for the present.

“No no no,” Heath shook his head, pulling the box away from Kaya. “Mummy has to open it,” Heath said and Kaya scowled before looking to Bianca pulled the box towards her and ripped at the paper. She opened the box up to find lots of little Styrofoam pieces. She looked a little puzzled before she looked up to Heath. “It’s in there.” Heath said. Bianca exhaled as she put her hands into the box, fumbling around for a while before her hand brushed over something. She took a better grip and pulled out what she saw was a little red box. She gasped as her eyes widened, looking to Heath. He gave her a smile, nodding his head, letting her know it was what she thought.

“What it is mummy?” Kaya questioned, growing rather impatient.

Bianca took a deep breath before opening the box, instantly feeling herself welling up as she saw the white gold diamond ring in front of her eyes. “Bianca Scott, will you marry me?” Heath questioned and Kaya squealed as she stared clapping her hands.

“Yes yes yes yes yes,” Kaya shouted. “She says yes. Yes.”

“Mmm,” Bianca nodded. “I...yes.” Bianca said, Heath grinning as he pulled the ring from the box and placed it onto her finger before they met in a kiss, Kaya still cheering and clapping next to them.

Thanks Kristen,Sarah and Melbelle94 for the comments. :)

eighty-seven

Kaya had gone outside to play on her trampoline for a little before they’d go to meet everyone for a barbeque on the beach. Bianca and Heath were sitting on the couch, Bianca holding another gift in her hand. “So,” Bianca exhaled. “This is my last gift to you.”

“What?” Heath sounded surprised. “Babe you already got me so much.”

“I know but,” Bianca pursed her lips. “This is....well it’s not just from me.” Bianca told him.

“So it’s from Kaya too?” Heath said, taking the rectangular shaped box into his hands, Heath thinking it looked like a box a pen could be in, but of course wouldn’t think that Bianca and Kaya would get him a pen.

“No,” Bianca shook her head. “Just....just open it.” Bianca felt a huge grin etching on her face. Heath tore at the wrapping paper and opened the lid of the box, his eyes widening as he saw a pregnancy test sitting there reading pregnant 3+ weeks.

“Oh my God,” Heath gasped. “You....your....we’re having a baby?” Heath grinned, looking up to his fiancée.”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded her head as Heath flung his arms around her in a hug.

“This is just....wow,” Heath smiled. “This is why you’ve been so happy this last week?”

“Mmm,” Bianca nodded. “I’m sorry I didn’t wait for you to find out or even tell you right away that I was pregnant but I just thought this would be a nice way to tell you.” Bianca told him, hoping he wouldn’t get mad at her for keeping it secret for almost a week.

“It is,” Heath nodded. “I....” Heath was speechless. “You are happy though?” Heath questioned. “Because it wasn’t that long ago that you said we were nowhere near ready to be having a baby and -”

“I know I said that but when I saw that positive result all I felt was joy and happiness and.....we’re are having a baby, Heath,” Bianca couldn’t take the smile from her face. “I know it’s early. All this is fast. Living together, the engagement and this,” Bianca put her hand onto her stomach. “But being with you has never felt more right and I.....like when Charlie and Brax first met they just had this instant connection and I think we had that too, we.....we’re meant to be and I...I can’t wait for all of this with you.”

“This is amazing,” Heath said, his hand going onto her stomach. “Are....are you feeling okay?” Heath questioned. “Do you want some water or anything?” Heath went to stand up but Bianca pulled him back to sitting next to her.

“I feel fine.” Bianca told him.

“God, really a baby?” Heath was shocked. “I....this is...” Heath put his hands onto her stomach again. “I love you so much Bianca.”

“I love you too.” Bianca replied before they shared a kiss.

“Did she make you sanitise?” Bianca questioned as she walked over to Charlie who was holding baby Leo in her arms. Charlie gave a little laugh as she nodded her head. “No, I mean I get it to a sense,” Bianca sat down next to her friend, lightly rubbing Leo’s cheek with her finger. “So how come you get left holding the baby?” Bianca questioned, looking further down the beach where Brax, Ruby, James, April, Miles, Leah, VJ, Poppy, Daniel, Kobe, Georgia and Finn were playing cricket and were now being joined by Heath and Kaya.

“Brax didn’t want me playing a contact sport,” Charlie rolled her eyes. “In case, you know.” Charlie glanced downwards.

“Beach cricket is hardly a contact sport.” Bianca laughed.

“I think he’s aware of that,” Charlie said, lightly rubbing Leo’s back as she spoke. “Bless him he’s just got one thing on his mind right now.”

“Yeah, I understand,” Bianca mumbled. “So, the kids have a good Christmas morning?”

“Oh yes,” Charlie nodded. “I think Kobe was a little overwhelmed by it all to be honest. I don’t think he got much any other Christmas.”

“Bless him,” Bianca glanced at Kobe who was running across the beach, chasing after the ball that VJ had just hit. “But the look on his face now, Charlie....he’s happy and loved and....he’s lucky to have found you.”

“I think Brax and I are the lucky ones to have gotten Kobe in our lives,” Charlie answered looking down at Leo as he made some noises as he squirmed a little in her arms. “He’s our little guy and I...after I lost the twins I worried about how I’d feel if I got pregnant again but then I got Kobe and I....he’s fixed the hole that losing the twins left,” Charlie said. “I want to have another child with Brax, just one more, I really do but if it wasn’t ever to happen I don’t think I’d care so much now that we’ve got him.” Charlie said, opening up to her friend.

“But you’re still trying, right?” Bianca questioned, loving the idea of being pregnant at the same time as her best friend.

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. “I just hope when I do fall pregnant, Kobe will be okay with the news.”

“Of course he will be,” Bianca answered. “He’s great with Georgia and loves seeing little Leo here,” Bianca once again rubbed her nephews little cheek. “Is that right buddy?” Bianca cooed and Charlie glanced at her friend, seeing a new glow about her as she gushed over her nephew.

Charlie stretched as she opened her eyes. She turned around in the bed and smiled as she saw Georgia still fast asleep, Olwie and her owl blankie held in her clutches. She gently brushed her hair back from her face, looking to Brax’s side of the bed, seeing he wasn’t there. She looked towards their bathroom but saw it was empty. She exhaled lightly as she got out of bed and left the bedroom, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen where she found Brax getting himself a glass of orange juice. “Morning.” Charlie said as she walked over to him.

“Hey,” Brax turned to face her, smiling as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He placed a soft kiss on her lips as she rested her hands on his shoulders. “I was just thinking to bring you up breakfast in bed.” Brax said and Charlie raised her eyebrows.

“I could go back to bed if you want?” Charlie told him.

“Nah,” Brax shook his head. “Anyways, Georgia would probably wake up and eat it all anyways,” Brax murmured and Charlie gave a little laugh. “So since me making you breakfast is out of the window how about we....” Brax raised his eyebrows. “Since Georgia so rudely interrupted us last night.”

“Well just because you can’t make me breakfast in bed doesn’t mean you still can’t make me breakfast,” Charlie answered. “We can eat here at the table together.”

“I’d rather have sex with you on the table,” Brax murmured and Charlie slapped his chest. “Ouch.” Brax gasped before pinching her bum, Charlie giving a girly squeal. Brax laughed before placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips, Charlie smiling into the kiss letting it deepen as Brax caressed her bum cheeks.

“Good morning.” Charlie and Brax pulled back from the kiss, looking around to see Kobe walking into the kitchen, his bed hair sticking up on end. Wally was tucked under one arm and he wore his new green pyjamas with blue elephants on them, one of his many Christmas presents.

“Hey buddy,” Charlie smiled down at him. “You looking for some breakfast?”

“Uh-huh.” Kobe nodded as he climbed up onto his chair at the table.

“Well daddy here was just saying that he was going to make everybody pancakes.” Charlie said and Kobe’s little face lit up, Kobe very much loving when it was pancakes for breakfast.

“With banana and syrup?” Kobe wondered, this usually being Kobe’s choice of topping.

“Of course.” Charlie answered, giving Brax a cheeky glance. “You get started daddy,” Charlie patted his chest a few times. “I’ll go see if Rubes, Daniel and Georgia are hungry for pancakes.” Charlie said before walking out of the room, Brax shaking his head lightly before getting started on making a pancake breakfast for everyone.

Thank you Kristen, Sarah, CharlieAndBraxLover, Laura, chels24, Melbelle94 and Sabrina for the comments. :)

eighty-eight

“I don’t believe this,” April sounded angry as she threw the letter on the table. “Finlay Scott. Finlay Scott,” April raised her voice as she banged her hand on the table. “He’s applied for joint custody of a child he doesn’t even know the bloody name of,” April pushed herself back, the chair bringing an ear piercing sound into the room as it scraped across the kitchen floor. “And what the hell happened to him wanting to talk to me about it first? He’s just bloody gone ahead and.....” April shook her head, trying to compose herself.

“Calm down hun.” James said, getting off the chair and walking over to April, rubbing her shoulder softly.

“He’s trying to take our son from us.” April shrugged James’ hand from her as she stood up.

“What judge in his right mind do you think will give joint custody to him?” James questioned. “He’s never been in his life and he’s nearly 4, he’s never paid anything for him and he doesn’t even know his name,” James put his hand back on April’s arm, rubbing it gently. “He doesn’t have a case, sweetie. It’s laughable that he thinks he can go for joint custody.”

April pursed her lips. “I don’t even want to give him a day. Even an hour,” April sighed. “He doesn’t deserve to get to know a kid as wonderful as Finn.”

“I know,” James spoke softly. “Maybe the four of us should get together and see if we can come to some sort of agreement,” James suggested. “Make it easier on all of us.”

“I will never agree to him getting any sort of custody,” April sighed. “He has no right to be in Finn’s life.”

“He is his father.” James exhaled.

“Why do you keep saying that?” April shouted. “He’s not Finn’s father and he never will be,” April scolded. “How can you be okay with him wanting to just waltz into Finn’s life when you’ve been daddy for all of it?” April questioned.

“Of course I’m not okay with it but we need to think about Finn here,” James said. “We need to think about what is best for him and maybe getting to know his biological father is best. Know where he came from.”

“What’s best for him is to be here with his mother, father and little brother,” April spat. “Not shipped from house to house, ending up with 3 fathers,” April screwed her face up a little. “Xavier is not his father and Lincoln especially will never be a father to him,” April said. “And it’s Xavier. He’s shown interest before and it faded quickly and I don’t want Finn developing a bond with him for Xavier to just up and leave from his life again,” April sounded like she was tearing up. “He doesn’t need that sort of heartache and the last thing I want is for Finn to end up hurt and for his relationship with you to suffer.” April’s voice broke as a tear rolled from her eye.

“Hey hey, c’mon,” James spoke softly as he pulled April into a hug, rubbing her back in comfort. “Let’s just leave this for now,” James suggested. “It’s your 21st,” James said. “Let’s just go have the nice family day as planned and we can worry about this court hearing when it happens in the New Year, yeah?” James said, April mumbling something James couldn’t quite make out as they stayed in the embrace.

“Happy one month anniversary.” Brax smiled as he walked into the kitchen, a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates in his hands.

“Aww thank you,” Charlie took the presents from him as he placed a kiss on her lips. “I didn’t get you anything.” Charlie bit her lip as she lay them down on the kitchen worktop, not really thinking they were going to celebrate a month of being married.

“That’s alright,” Brax told her. “You can open your legs for me later,” Brax said and Charlie slapped his chest in response. “Hey,” Brax sighed. “I wouldn’t have married you if I knew you were going to start hitting me as much,” Brax murmured and Charlie just grinned before they kissed again. “So, how’s Daniel feeling now?” Brax wondered, Daniel having been in bed sick since Boxing Day.

“Still sick,” Charlie answered. “I’m going to take him to hospital tomorrow if he’s not better,” Charlie said and Brax gave a little nod, hoping Daniel would perk up again soon. “Rubes has gone for a walk and Kobe and Georgia went with her.” Charlie informed him, Kobe wanting to go out on his new bike and Georgia on her new scooter, so heading out with Ruby.

“And this one is growing,” Brax spoke hopefully as he put his hand on her stomach. “Maybe we can steal the thunder back from Bianca and Heath’s engagement eh,” Brax laughed. “And come to think of it, little Leo took our thunder too.”

“He was born the day after our wedding.” Charlie exhaled.

“Well April still went into labour at our reception,” Brax answered. “That Scott family do sure like to steal peoples thunder.”

Charlie stifled a laugh. “Getting engaged a month after our wedding is hardly stealing our thunder.” Charlie said as she rubbed his upper arms.

“We are still in the honeymoon phase.” Brax argued.

“And anyways your brother is the one who proposed so it’s more a case of Braxton stealing Braxton thunder.” Charlie said. Brax exhaled lightly before tucking Charlie’s hair behind her ear. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips, Charlie smiling into the kiss, letting it deepen.

“They won’t have the limelight for long,” Brax mumbled as they rested their foreheads against each others. “We’ll be telling people we are expecting little Arabella soon enough.” Brax said, his hand brushing over her stomach.

“Even if I am already pregnant we wouldn’t be telling people till I was 12 weeks,” Charlie told him. “And Arabella?” Charlie questioned thinking it was an interesting choice of name from her husband.

“It’s cute.” Brax smiled.

“Mmm,” Charlie nodded, liking the name. “Anyways, didn’t you notice that Bianca never drank anything Christmas Day?” Charlie questioned. “And Heath kept looking at her all gooey eyed and touching her stomach and she was even more cooey over Leo than usual.”

“So what are you saying?” Brax questioned. “That’s she’s stolen our baby thunder too?”

Charlie gave a little shrug. “Just seems weird you don’t have a glass of champagne to celebrate the day you get engaged.”

“Well Mrs Braxton,” Brax exhaled. “Let’s put that to the test. We’ll throw a congratulations dinner for them.” Brax said.

“I don’t want to drag it out of her,” Charlie exhaled. “She’ll tell me when she’s further along and ready to tell people, if she is pregnant, that is.” Charlie said, her lips pursed and Brax saw the look on her face, like she was jealous.

“It’ll happen for us too.” Brax told her, placing another kiss on her lips.

April and James were at the very end of the two acres of land that was on their property. They were sitting by the large pond, having a picnic dinner. Olive was at the house with the boys, James knowing April wouldn’t be ready to leave Leo and have a meal out at a restaurant just yet, Leo just a day shy of being 4 weeks old, but it was her 21st and they were still going to have a celebration. They’d spent the day at the beach with boys, Olive, Irene, Ruby, Bianca and Kaya and now they were having some couple time. James poured the champagne into the glass before handing it to his fiancée. “Should I....I’m breastfeeding.”

“I spoke to Erin,” James told her, pouring himself a glass. “She said you could have a glass and be fine,” James answered. “But she said to pump and dump to be safe.”

April gave a little nod before they clinked glasses and took a drink. “You’ve really gone to an effort here.” April looked around where they were sitting on the picnic blanket, candles and flowers scattered around the area.

“Well you only turn 21 the once.” James said.

“21 and I’ve already got two children,” April exhaled. “And my eldest is nearly 4,” April shook her head in disbelief at how quickly the time was passing. “We are going to be celebrating Leo’s first birthday before we know it.”

“Yeah,” James exhaled. “Probably have baby number 3 before we know it too.” James joked, April raising her eyebrows in alarm.

“Please do not get me pregnant for like a good 10 years.” April told him.

“I’ll try my best not to but I think little dude and little bro and two very fine example that sometimes, babies just happen.” James said. April raised her eyebrows before taking another drink of her champagne.

“Well in that case maybe we’ll need to do the whole celibacy thing for a while.” April said, a cheeky grin etching on her face.

“No way,” James shook his head. “It’s only been about 6 weeks and I am going crazy already,” James told her. “I miss being close with you.” James told her, his hand lightly rubbing her cheek.

“I miss it too.” April murmured, James raising his eyebrows before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips. April smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen as James pulled April close to him, her body pressing against his. They both put their champagne glasses down on the floor, neither of the realising they both fell right over, the champagne spilling into the grass. April wrapped her arms around James’ neck as he pushed her down so she was lying on the picnic blanket, a bulge already beginning to appear in James’ pants, it being the first time they were getting intimate since before Leo was born.

Thanks Kristen and CharlieAndBraxLover for the comments. :)

eighty-nine

April handed over the money, her hand shaking a little with nerves. She looked down to the pram where her month old son was fast asleep, one arm stretched out above his head as his other was bent, his little hand against his ear. April smiled, noting baby Finn slept in the very same way. “April.” April gave a little jump as she heard her voice. She didn’t really want to run into anyone as she was buying this, let alone someone as close to her as Charlie was.

“Charlie, hey,” April tucked her hair behind her ear. “How’s it going?”

“Daniel’s picked up a bug so he’s been prescribed some medicine.” Charlie said, holding the prescription up a little for April to see.

“Ah okay. I hope it makes him feel better soon.” April said, knowing Daniel was a little more prone to getting sick. She glanced over to the pharmacist before looking back to Charlie. Even though April was wishing it, she wasn’t going to leave. She needed to get the prescription for Daniel. “

“Miss Scott.” The pharmacist walked back over to her, April thankful that she’d already put the pill box into a bag for a bag for her.

“Thank you,” April smiled as she thought she lay bag on the pram top but it fell down to the side, the box falling from the bag as it did so. Charlie bent down to pick it up for her before April could get to it first. “Oh Charlie that’s....” April started to speak but stopped when she saw Charlie had already picked it up.

“April,” Charlie exhaled. “The morning after pill?” Charlie questioned. “Leo’s only four weeks old.”

“I know,” April took it from her and picked up the bottle of water from the holder on the handle of the pram. She took it from the box and put it into her mouth immediately taking the pill, swallowing it down with some water. “That’s why I am taking this.” April told her as Charlie handed the pharmacist the prescription before she left to get it for her.

“You and James need to be careful sweetie.” Charlie told her, rubbing her arm lightly.

“We are, we always are,” April told her. “Well obviously except from when Leo happened and then last night but we....we just got carried away,” April sighed. “You know it was my birthday and we were celebrating and....” April trailed off as she gave a little shrug.

“You get caught up in the moment,” Charlie exhaled as April nodded. “I know that can happen. And I’m not trying to lecture you because you are a grown woman and are terrific with Finn and Leo but I gather they’d be enough for you just now.”

“Believe me, they are,” April answered. “Why do you think I came for the morning after pill?” April questioned. “And please don’t tell Bianca. She’ll just get all judgy on me.”

“Not my place,” Charlie held her hands out in front of her. “But I will give you some motherly,” Charlie shook her head. “No, maybe more big sisterly advice,” Charlie said, moving a little closer to April. “If he doesn’t suit up, don’t let him in.” Charlie whispered and April gave a little laugh.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” April said before putting her hands onto the pram handle. “Bye Charlie.” April said before leaving the pharmacy.

Ruby smiled as she saw his name flashing across the screen. “Hey baby,” Ruby answered. “I’m coming to pick you up at -” Ruby was cut off by another woman’s voice.

“Ruby,” Josie said. “I’m Josie. Evan’s mother.”

“What’s wrong?” Ruby immediately felt her heart beating faster with worry.

“There’s been an accident,” Josie sounded worried, which made Ruby worry even more. “Evan is in the hospital.”

“What happened?” Ruby jumped up in panic. “What kind of accident?”

“He was....he was....” Josie broke down into tears. Ruby heard muffles and fumbling through the phone.

“Josie....Mrs Butler, Josie.” Ruby shouted through the phone as she felt her eyes stinging with tears.

“Hello,” Ruby heard a male voice on the phone. “Ruby?” The man questioned.

“Who is this?” Ruby asked. “What’s going on? What’s wrong with Evan?”

“I’m Will. A friend of his,” Will took a deep breath. “He’s not in a good way, Ruby. I....he’s been hurt, bad.”

“How?” Ruby yelled down the phone. “What’s happened?” Ruby cried. “Just tell me what’s happened.” Ruby shouted, overcome with worry for her boyfriend.

Bianca and Heath were at the hospital, getting confirmation on the positive result. “So, when can we tell cupcake?” Heath questioned.

“Not for a while,” Bianca told him. “I can only be....4 weeks,” Bianca exhaled. “Once I hit 12 weeks we can tell the world.” Bianca patted his thigh.

“Let’s just start with Kaya,” Heath smiled, Bianca hearing the joy in his voice. “Ah she’s going to be so happy. So...she’ll be happy, right?”

“I hope so,” Bianca answered. “She did freak out when Finn arrived though. Didn’t like him at all for about the first year of his life and told me to never have another baby,” Bianca laughed. “But lately she has been asking for a sibling so,” Bianca gave a little shrug. “Fingers crossed huh?”

Heath rubbed Bianca’s arm as he grinned. “I’m sure a little talking to from daddy dearest will sway her round anyhow,” Heath said, nudging Bianca’s arm as he spoke. “Very fond of me she is.”

“Ha,” Bianca stifled a laugh. “You are only her 4th best person in the world, remember?” Bianca teased. “So, I think mummy dearest here has a better shot than you when it comes to Kaya.” Bianca said.

“We’ll see about that, wont we?” Heath questioned, Bianca and Heath sharing a little laugh before the doctor came and called them into their appointment.

Charlie gave Daniel his medicine before putting the bottle and spoon and down on the bedside table. “It’s horrible.” Daniel screwed his face up, hating the taste.

“I know sweetheart,” Charlie rubbed over his head. “But it’s going to make you feel better.”

“So it’s not my cancer again?” Daniel questioned.

“It’s just a tummy bug,” Charlie told her son. “Sid confirmed that, remember?”

“Yes,” Daniel nodded. “But can I never get my cancer again?” Charlie pursed her lips, not wanting to make a promise she couldn’t guarantee. There was every chance his cancer could one day come back.

“Cancer isn’t something that anyone can control sweetheart,” Charlie said, continuing to rub her hand over his head. “But you’ve been in remission for nearly 4 years now and that’s really good.”

Daniel exhaled lightly. “Can you lay with me for a bit?” Daniel questioned and Charlie gave a little nod as Daniel shuffled closer to the wall, Charlie getting into the bed next to her son. Daniel cuddled into her as she rubbed his back.

“So how do you like having your own room back?” Charlie questioned, Kobe now in his own bedroom.

“It’s quiet,” Daniel answered. “Kobe and I used to talk lots when you thought we were sleeping.” Daniel admitted and Charlie gave a little gasp.

“Daniel Ross,” Charlie said, Daniel giving a little giggle. “What would you boys talk about?”

“Animals, skating, school....girls.” Daniel answered.

“Girls?” Charlie widened her eyes. “You two got secret girlfriends?”

“I don’t,” Daniel shook his head. “But Kobe has a girlfriend. Her name is Jamie and she’s 6.”

“And older woman,” Charlie gasped. “Oh just you wait till I speak to that little brother of yours.”

“Don’t,” Daniel shook his head. “He’ll be cross I told you. I brother sweared I wouldn’t,” Daniel answered and Charlie stifled a laugh. “No, please mum.”

“I won’t say a word.” Charlie told her eldest son.

“Thank you,” Daniel answered before staring up at her, his face looking all serious. “Mum, are you pregnant?” Daniel wondered, the question taking Charlie a little by surprise.

“Uhm,” Charlie pursed her lips. “What’s made you ask that?”

“Well before Christmas dad was asking me if I wanted a little brother or sister,” Daniel told her. “And he said about Georgia being a big sister,” Daniel answered. “So, are you?”

“Well,” Charlie sucked in her lip. “Dad and me are trying for another baby, yes,” Charlie told him. “Are you okay with that?”

“Do we still get to have those me and you days you said we could have?” Daniel questioned.

“Of course we do.” Charlie told him.

“Then it’s okay,” Daniel smiled. “But mum?” Daniel questioned, Charlie gazing into his soft green eyes. “Can you make this the last one?” Charlie gave a little laugh as she nodded her head, pulling Daniel into a hug.

ninety

Ruby took the next flight out to Adelaide. She went straight to the hospital and ran down the corridor, her heart beating out of her chest with worry. “Josie, Will,” Ruby felt sick with worry. “How is he?” Ruby questioned, fresh tears already forming. Ruby stared at Josie and Will, neither of them looking like they were about to talk. “Answer me, please,” Ruby pleaded, their silence only worrying her further. “Just tell me what’s going on. Tell me how he is.” Ruby yelled, frustrated at the pair.

“I’m sorry Ruby,” Will said, Ruby shaking her head as her heart raced. “I tried to help him, I tried to stop them but there were too many of them and I....” Ruby could see Will had also been attacked. He had fat lip, a black eye and his nose was still a little bloody. “They just jumped us.”

“Evan, how is he?” Ruby questioned.

“They put him in an induced coma,” Josie spoke monotonously, looking out to the wall in front of her. “If he had one more kick to the head he’d be....” Josie stopped talking.

Ruby felt the tears falling down her cheeks. “Are we not allowed to see him?”

“It’s just overwhelming,” Josie answered. “He’s my baby and he’s just....he’s lying there....I can’t....” Josie tried to compose herself.

“Can I?” Ruby questioned.

“Sure.” Will answered, wincing as he rubbed his side.

“You okay?” Ruby questioned.

“Broken ribs and a fat lip is nothing on Evan,” Will answered. “You go see him.” Will told her, Ruby giving a little nod before walking it the room, gasping as she saw how battered and bruised Evan was.

“Babe,” Ruby felt another tear roll down her cheek. “What the hell happened?” Ruby wondered, Will and Josie not saying much about why he was beat up by the gang of men, only that he was. That they were jumped and it was 6 on 2. They didn’t have much of a chance. She took his hand in hers and squeezed it tightly. “I’m here,” Ruby took a deep breath, moving his hair that had fallen in front of his face. “I’m absolutely terrified at the thought of losing you. I can’t lose another boyfriend, I can’t go through all that hurt again and I can’t....I won’t get over losing Dex and you so you need to pull through,” Ruby’s heart was beating fast as her vision blurred with tears. She heard someone clearing their throat and looked around to see Will standing at the door. “Who did this? Why did they do this?”

Will took a deep breath as he walked further into the room. “We were out for some drinks last night,” Will started to explain. “We were in this bar getting drinks. Evan accidentally knocked this girl’s drink over so he offered to buy her a new one,” Will said. “She said no, it was fine but Evan insisted,” Will exhaled. “You know what Evan is like. A true gentleman. Anyways, he bought her the drink and we went off with our own and then as we were leaving the bar, that’s when we were jumped,” Will said, Ruby wiped away tears that was rolling down her cheeks. “The girl’s boyfriend is very much the jealous type, it seems. Him and his friend just ripped into Evan. I tried to pull them away but as I told you, there was 6 of them and only one of me,” Will bowed his head, feeling awful that he couldn’t have helped his friend more. “I’m so sorry Ruby. I....it’s my fault he’s here.” Will sounded like he was about to cry. Ruby shook her head, indicating that Will wasn’t to blame for this. She took a deep breath before taking his hand in hers, her other hand still holding onto Evan’s, before they stayed there in silence, looking over Evan and hoping he would be okay.

“You heard from Ruby yet?” Brax questioned as he pulled back the sheet on the bed and got into his side as Charlie got into hers.

“No,” Charlie glanced at her phone to make sure she hadn’t missed any calls. “She’ll call when she can,” Charlie said and Brax agreed, wrapping his arm around Charlie as she cuddled into his chest. “I feel like I should have gone with her.” Charlie exhaled.

“You offered,” Brax lightly rubbed her arm. “And she’ll have Evan’s mum and friends there. They’re close to Evan so will probably be of better comfort to her.”

“I’m her mother,” Charlie raised her voice a little. “I know her better than anyone. They don’t know her.”

“I know, sorry,” Brax murmured. “I just meant Ruby will be hurting for Evan just like his mother will. They’re on the same page. She’ll be fine there.” Brax continued to rub her arm as he placed a soft kiss on her head.

“Yeah,” Charlie pursed her lips. “God I just hope he’ll be okay. She couldn’t.....she wouldn’t be able to go on if she lost him too.”

“It’d be damn hard,” Brax muttered. “But she’s got a lot of support,” Brax exhaled. “But you know, we don’t need to think about how she’d cope because Evan isn’t going to die.” Brax sounded positive as he spoke. “He’s a strong kid. He’ll pull through.”

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. “I just wish she could be happy,” Charlie sounded a little choked up. “She deserves that so much after losing Dexter and I....I thought Evan was her happiness.”

“He is,” Brax assured her. “Ruby and Evan are in it for the long haul,” Brax told her. “They’ll get married, probably make you a grandmother when you are still in your thirties,” Brax gave a little laugh as he poked Charlie’s side, Charlie giving a girly little giggle. “Making Benjamin here an uncle when he’s barely out of nappies.” Brax said as he rubbed her stomach.

“So now we are having a boy?” Charlie questioned.

“Just need to cover both.” Brax answered.

“We should probably concentrate on getting me pregnant first before we talk names and the gender.” Charlie said.

“Righty ho.” Brax raised his eyebrows before leaning down, placing a kiss on her lips as his hands ran down her stomach, going towards her thigh.

“What do you think you are doing?” Charlie questioned, her head cocking to the side as she gave a cheeky grin.

“Concentrating on getting you pregnant.” Brax answered before once again meeting his wife in a kiss.

“The bathroom is up the stairs, first door on the right,” Josie told Ruby as she handed her a towel, in case Ruby wanted to freshen up. “Evan’s room is directly across from that. You can sleep in there.”

“Thank you.” Ruby spoke quietly.

“And it is nice to meet you, finally,” Josie said, her hand rubbing Ruby’s arm. “Evan has said so many lovely things about you,” Josie said. “It’s just a shame it’s under these circumstances we are meeting.”

“Yeah,” Ruby agreed. “Anyways I’m going to go,” Ruby pointed towards the stairs and Josie gave a little nod. Ruby took the stairs slowly, looking at the pictures of Evan with his parents as a baby, Evan when he was a toddler, a picture of him in his school uniform, the face never seeming to change much. Ruby smiled as she ran her hand over his face before walking up the rest of the stairs and heading into his bedroom. She smiled as she took in the smell. It smelt of Evan. She walked over to the bed, throwing the towel down on the end, before seeing the suitcase open and his clothes half inside, half out of the case. She picked up the red quicksilver t-shirt and held it up to her face, once again smelling her boyfriend. She walked back over to the bed and put the t-shirt down before she undressed herself. She picked up Evan’s t-shirt and put it on before she threw back the covers and got into the bed. She pulled the spare pillow close to her, hugging it tightly as drifted off to sleep.

Archived