Forever and Always

Thank you CharlieAndBraxLover and Kristen for the comments. :)

fifty-one

April and Finn walked back into the apartment, Finn finding James at the kitchen table, sketching out something. “Daddy,” Finn climbed up onto his knee. “I got these for Gamma,” He showed James the two shells he’d picked out for Olive before opening out his other hand and showed him another shell that was white with few little brown specks on. “This for my baby.” Finn said, James looking to the other shell.

“Wow they are cool little dude,” James ran his hand through his hair. “Why don’t you go put them in your room right now so they stay safe?” James told him, Finn nodding his head as he jumped from his knee and ran to his bedroom. James looked up to April who’d put the kettle on to boil, April going to make herself a cup of tea. “That was a long walk,” James murmured. April pursed her lips as she took the out a peppermint tea bag from the box and put it into the cup. He waited a while for a reply before he spoke again, knowing one wasn’t coming. “Ignoring me isn’t going to change anything.” James said. April rested her hands on the worktop as she clicked her tongue before she turned to face him.

“I just don’t get why you would do that without discussing it with me first,” April sounded angry with him. “We are a couple. You don’t just go and make decisions like that on your own.”

“So how come you get to decide we are not moving?” James questioned.

“Because I....” April trailed off, James seeing she wasn’t really able to come up with an answer. “I’m dealing with this right now,” April put her hand onto her stomach. “Why are you in such a rush to move somewhere else?” April questioned.

“Oh God April you are only pregnant,” James muttered. “Plenty women deal with plenty during pregnancies,” James sighed. “I want to move because I want to make a nice home for my family. I want little dude and peanut to have a big garden to play in and for you to have a nice big kitchen were there’s enough room to prepare food and a house big enough for us to get a dog and have space for our children to grow up. Is there anything so wrong with that?” James questioned.

“No,” April exhaled. “Why does it have to be now?”

“Well why not?” James questioned.

“I dunno,” April shrugged. “Because we....I’m only 20. We’re young. We have the rest of our lives to get a nice family home,” April exhaled. “Because we...I....its fast.”

“What do you mean its fast?” James scrunched his face up, feeling a little confused. “We’ve been together 3 years, we are engaged and we are having a baby together,” James’ voice got higher as he spoke. “We already live together for goodness sake. I don’t understand this.”

“I just...” April’s voice broke as a tear fell out of her eye. “I don’t know.” April started to cry and James walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, embracing her in a hug.

“I’m sorry hun,” James murmured. “I should have discussed it with you first and I know you are having a hard pregnancy,” James gently rubbed her back. “I can call the agent back and see if we can back out.” James said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“No,” April pulled back from the hug. “You want that house. I...we should move,” April sniffed back. “We’d be stupid not to move out of this pokey little apartment for a house like that,” April said as James wiped away the tears from her face with this thumbs. “Just....next time we need to discuss things before making those sort of decisions, yeah?”

“Yeah,” James took her hands in his as he nodded his head. “How about you come and see an idea I had for the nursery?” James said and April gave a little nod as she walked back over to the table with him, to look down at the sketch that James had been working on.

“Charlie.” Kobe ran over to her and gave her a hug, happy to see her.

“Hey,” Charlie smiled down to him. “How was your day with the guys?” Charlie questioned, running her hand over his hair.

“Good,” Kobe smiled. “Darryl showed me to surf and Heath is funny,” Kobe answered, sounding happy as he spoke to Charlie. “We got milkshakes and cake at the diner. And cake Charlie. He got me both.” Kobe widened his eyes, sounding surprised at his treat.

“Lucky boys huh?” Charlie questioned and Kobe gave a little nod in reply.

“How was your day with Georgia?” Kobe questioned, Charlie smiling that the boy was taking interest.

“It was fun.” Charlie answered as Georgia ran into the room, as if right on cue, the little purple, yellow and red monkey in her hands.

“I paints you.” Georgia said, handing the monkey out for Kobe to take. Kobe stared at it for a moment, before looking to Charlie then back to the monkey, taking it in his hand as he smiled at Georgia.

“Thank you,” Kobe said as he walked forward and gave Georgia a hug. Georgia giggled shyly before she ran from the room. “Charlie can I go to the toilet please?” Kobe questioned, still staring down at the monkey Georgia had painted for him, looking pleased at his gift.

“Of course you can,” Charlie answered. “And remember you don’t need to ask. If you need to go, you just go, okay?” Charlie said and Kobe gave a little nod before he ran from the room. “Where’s Daniel and Heath?” Charlie questioned, looking up to Brax.

“Daniel is out on his skateboard and Heath went to see Bianca.” Brax answered.

“Ah,” Charlie nodded. “So, how was Kobe today?” Charlie wondered, knowing how apprehensive he was about going in the first place.

“He was good,” Brax smiled. “He uhm...he spoke to me and he held my hand,” Brax spoke with such joy on his face that he and Kobe were finally starting to bond. “He’s coming around.” Brax grinned as Charlie wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I told you he would,” Charlie spoke softly. “Who couldn’t come around to liking you,” Charlie said before placing a soft kiss on his lips. “You’re simply amazing.”

Brax grinned as they kissed again. “He took my hand,” Brax told her again. “He put his hand in mines. He let me hold him when he was on the boogie board, he....he didn’t flinch like he normally does. He didn’t think I was going to strike him, he....he trusted I wouldn’t hurt him.” Brax was talking fast, his voice all high. Charlie smiled at his joy, knowing it was a big deal that Kobe was starting to trust him.

“That’s great,” Charlie smiled. “I knew soon enough he’d come around and we can....we are starting to look like a real little family now.” Charlie said and Brax gave a little nod before he kissed her once more.

“Heath,” Bianca looked surprised to see him at the other side of the door. “Hey. What’s uhm....”

“Can I come in?” Heath questioned and Bianca gave a little nod, opening the door further so Heath could come into the house.

“How have you been this week?” Bianca questioned. She’d seen Heath around town but they’d not spoken since Heath left her place the week before.

“Yeah fine. Working. Surfing. That’s pretty much my life,” Heath said and Bianca pursed her lips as she gave a little nod. “How about you? How’s Kaya?”

“Yeah she’s good,” Bianca answered. “She’s at a friend’s house today. I get a rare day to myself.”

“Oh, I can leave if you want me too,” Heath said, pointing back to the door. “Got being around Charlie’s kids all the time makes me see you need a break.” Heath gave a little laugh.

“No uhm,” Bianca bit her lip. “You can stay,” Bianca told him, the pair exchanging a smile. “Look, I...” Bianca took a deep breath. “I’m sorry for last weekend. Liam is just -”

“Look I get it,” Heath exhaled. “He gave you your daughter and that’s always going to mean something,” Heath said. “I just really really like you and I hope that we can......that we can still try here.”

Bianca gave a big grin as she walked closer to Heath. “I’d like that too,” Bianca smiled as she wrapped her arms around Heath’s waist. “And you know, I uhm...” Bianca cleared her throat. “We do have the house to ourselves right now.” Bianca raised her eyebrows as a grin appeared of Heath’s face. Heath leaned in and placed a kiss on Bianca’s lips, the kiss deepening as Heath wrapped his arms around her.

“You sure you are ready for this?” Heath whispered and Bianca gave a little nod as she pulled him towards her bedroom, the kiss never breaking.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Kristen, Sarah and Sabrina. :)

fifty-two

James lightly caressed April’s shoulder with his finger tips before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on the crook of her neck. April turned around in the bed, smiling up at her fiancé. “Morning.” April smiled as her hand brushed against his cheek.

“I wish we could stay in bed all day,” James murmured, hugging her close to him, her little bump resting against his stomach. “But any minute now little dude is going to come bursting through that door, jumping about on the bed.”

“Yeah,” April gave a little laugh. “And we are only going to have less time to ourselves once this one arrives.” April said as James rubbed her stomach.

“I’m sure we’ll find some time,” James murmured. “And uhm.....last night was amazing. I....” James trailed off. April and James had been intimate the night before for the first time in a while. “It was nice to feel close to you again.” James spoke softly as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

“It was,” April licked her bottom lip. “I’m sorry I’m so up and down lately.”

“You can’t help it,” James exhaled. “And I am partly responsible for this happening to you so it’s only fair you get to take it out on me,” James gave a little chuckle before placing another kiss on April’s lips. “But pretty soon we’ll have another little Finn running around,” James grinned. “I can’t wait.”

“We’ll there’s still near 6 months to wait,” April mumbled. “Although I am sure you’ll be kept busy getting us moved into this new house then painting Finn’s room and the baby’s room and of course our room,” April said. “And we have Charlie and Brax’s wedding,” April murmured. “Although I am going to be like 8 months pregnant by then,” April sighed. “Not sure how much of a wedding mood I will be in when I am almost due to burst.”

“Just think about our wedding day,” James grinned. “Can check out Charlie and Brax’s for ideas,” James gave a little laugh. “And also think about having our little peanut home for Christmas.”

“I’m due on Christmas Day,” April said, her hand tracing over his dove tattoo. “So maybe Christmas Day is going to be spent in the hospital trying to push a watermelon sized human out of my...” April cleared her throat as James gave a little chuckle.

“Would be nice if she came a few days earlier so she was home with us on Christmas Day,” James smiled, still rubbing her bump. “Finn would love fussing over her too.”

“I hope he is going to love fussing over her all the time. Never mind just at Christmas.” April said and James nodded in agreement as the door opened and Finn came bounding into the room.

“Morning.” Finn sounded too cheering for it being so early in the morning. He jumped up onto the bed and crawled over, Pushing April and James apart as he snuggled between them.

“Hey sweetie,” April kissed her son. “What you want to do today?”

“Uhm,” Finn scratched the side of his head. “Oh oh,” Finn sat up in the bed, raising his hands in the air. “The zoo. We go the zoo.” Finn shrieked in excitement before jumping up onto the bed and starting to jump and up down, singing out about the zoo.

“We can go to the city, right?” James questioned and April gave a little shrug. “Could do some shopping there too for peanut.” James suggested, there of course being more choice for baby items in Sydney than in the bay.

“Okay but let’s leave soon because I don’t want a late day.” April said and James gave a little nod, before grabbing Finn from jumping on the bed before he stood up to get ready for their day out.

Charlie and Kobe walked into the living room, having been out together for the morning, Charlie having bought Kobe new clothes and a new pair of shoes. “Hey guys.” Brax smiled as Kobe and Charlie put the shopping bags down on the floor of the room.

“Darryl,” Kobe beamed as he ran into him, Brax taken a little by surprise at the hug. “Charlie got me new clothes and look at my sneakers.” Kobe pulled out the green and yellow Nike sneakers from the box.

“Wow,” Brax gasped. “They are super cool sneakers bud.” Brax said, Kobe nodding as he held them close to him.

“Imma show Daniel. Where is he?” Kobe wondered.

“Out in the pool with Rubes,” Brax answered. “You want to go join them?” Brax questioned.

“Yeah I just get my new swimmers.” Kobe said, looking for the bag with his swimming shorts in. He pulled out the green and white swim shorts and ran out of the room to meet the others by the pool.

“So you bought him a whole shop?” Brax questioned, looking down to all the very full look shopping bags.

“He needed clothes.” Charlie gave a little shrug.

“I thought you were just getting him a school uniform.” Brax said, Kobe going to be starting Prep at Summer Bay Primary the next day.

“That was the plan but you’ve see what little he has,” Charlie said. “He was so shocked when I kept buying him things,” Charlie told him. “I don’t imagine he’s been shown much love.”

“Well as long as you don’t turn him into a spoilt little brat.” Brax murmured.

“Are Ruby, Daniel and Georgia spoilt brats?” Charlie questioned and Brax bit his lip as he gave a little shrug.

“Not so spoilt,” Brax answered and Charlie gave a little chuckle as Brax wrapped his arms around Charlie and kissed her softly. “You think he’ll get on alright at school tomorrow?” Brax questioned, tucking Charlie’s hair behind her ear.

“It’s not like he’s never been to school,” Charlie answered. “He had a school in Mangrove River and he’ll soon settle at school here.”

“Yeah,” Brax gave a little nod. “Just he’s really shy so I hope he can make friends.”

“He will,” Charlie sounded confident about it. “And Daniel will be around to keep an eye at playtime. He’ll help him settle too.”

“He sure will,” Brax smiled. “What do you say to joining our kiddies in the pool?” Brax questioned. “Can even get the barbie going for lunch.”

“Sounds good,” Charlie answered. “I’ll just take this stuff up to Kobe’s room then get changed and come and join you.” Charlie said as she gave Brax another kiss before grabbing all the bags and heading up the stairs as Brax went out to the garden to join the kids in the pool.

Ruby and Evan were walking hand in hand back to the caravan after having been out for a meal together. “Oh I never did tell you,” Evan started to talk and Ruby stared around at him, intrigued at what he was going to say. “John said he’s going to try me out working at the gym,” Evan gave a little grin. “And Irene from the diner,” Evan said. “She’s offered me a room at her place,” Evan smiled. “Sweet lady she is.”

“Yeah Irene is lovely,” Ruby smiled. “Glad you are getting out of this van,” Ruby said as Evan opened the door and they walked into the small space he’d called home for the last 6 weeks. “And do tell me more about this job.”

“Well there’s not much else to tell,” Evan shrugged. “I’m on a week’s trial at the gym. I’ve worked at a gym before and I am studying to be a PE teacher so I guess I’m experienced and they need someone new so....yeah,” Evan exhaled. “He’s going to give me shot.”

“Aww well done baby,” Ruby grinned as she stood on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on his lips. “And I was all set to give you an incentive to get moving tonight too.” Ruby said, raising her eyebrows.

“Well it is going to be a hard job moving all my stuff to Irene’s, you know it is so far away from here,” Evan joked and Ruby gave a little laugh before she kissed him again. “And you know how nerve wracking it is staring a new job.”

“Indeed,” Ruby licked her lip as she started to unbutton Evan’s shirt. “Well maybe I do need to give you some encouragement.” Ruby whispered as she took his shirt from his body. She softly kissed his pecks as he caressed her back.

“You sure you are ready?” Evan whispered and Ruby gave a little nod as he pushed him over towards the bed as their lips found each others, their hands already busy pulling at each other’s clothes.

Thanks Kristen and Sarah.

This chapter skips forward in time.

fifty-three

Charlie handed the coffee down to Tanya before taking a seat next to Brax, the two of them sitting opposite her. “So he seems to have settled in well.” Tanya smiled. She’d watched the interaction between Kobe and the rest of the family for a while before going with Charlie and Brax to the kitchen for a chat as the kids played in the other room.

“It was a slow first month for me,” Brax exhaled. “But now he’s acting like he’s been here forever,” Brax smiled. “And the bond he has with Daniel is so sweet. He really looks up to him.”

“I saw that,” Tanya smiled. “And Charlie he just adores you. He has from the get go I think.” Tanya said as Charlie gave a little nod as she took a drink of her coffee.

“It feels like he was just meant to be my son,” Charlie said. “I really hope we can make that happen.”

“Well we’ve traced back to his birth parents,” Tanya exhaled. “His mother overdosed about 18 months ago,” Tanya lowered her voice. “And his father is serving life in prison so there is no chance of him being able to retain custody.” Tanya told them, Charlie and Brax exchanging a glance with each other before looking back to Tanya.

“So you are saying that we can apply to adopt?” Charlie questioned and Tanya gave a little nod, Charlie giving out an involuntary squeak of excitement at the news. Kobe had lived with them for nearly 5 months now and Charlie and Brax were eager to make things official. “That’s fantastic,” Charlie beamed, her hands slapping against Brax’s thigh before she squeezed it. “Let’s do this as soon as possible.”

“We should maybe do it after we marry?” Brax questioned. “It’s only 2 weeks away. Then once we get back from the honeymoon we can apply and hopefully by Christmas he’s a Braxton.”

“Granted he has been living with you for near 5 months and you two have been in a committed relationship for nearly 5 years I don’t think it would make a difference but for the sake of a month,” Tanya shook her head. “You could just wait and apply as a married couple.”

“Charlie,” Kobe came running into the room, Wally wombat tucked under his arm, the stuffed teddy still going everywhere with him. “Can I have a juice please?” Kobe questioned.

“Sure you can.” Charlie smiled as she stood up from the table and walked over to the fridge, Kobe running up behind her and standing close to her as she pulled out a juice box and handed one down to him. Kobe took it in his hands before staring round at Tanya, Kobe remembering who she was.

“Hey Kobe.” Tanya smiled at him.

Kobe looked back to Charlie and pulled on her skirt, Charlie bending down to his level. “What’s up bud?”

“Why she here?” Kobe’s eyes widened, looking worried that she was here to take him away.

“She’s just talking with us bud.” Charlie said and Kobe’s eyes got even wider as he looked down shyly.

“Have I been too naughty?” Kobe squeaked. “Don’t you want me?” Kobe looked like he was going to cry.

“Hey, of course we do,” Charlie assured him as she rubbed his arm gently. “Why wouldn’t we?”

Kobe gave a little shrug. “Usually when I am at the house where he is staying it’s to take him to a different home.” Tanya said, Charlie glancing to her when she spoke.

“Ah,” Charlie gave a little nod before looking back to Kobe. “Well buddy she is here for a very different reason this time.” Charlie said.

“Why?” Kobe wondered, looking back up to Charlie.

Charlie glanced back at Tanya, if seeking permission to tell him. Tanya gave a little nod before looking back to Kobe. “Brax and I are going to adopt you.”

“Adopt me?” Kobe gasped. “So this will be my forever home and you and Brax will be my forever mummy and daddy?”

“That’s right bud,” Charlie answered. “We’ll be your forever mummy and daddy.”

Kobe gasped once again before he wrapped his arms around Charlie in a hug. “That would be the best ever,” Kobe shrieked. “I love you mummy.” Kobe said and Charlie gasped as she felt her heart tugging at not only hearing Kobe say ‘I love you’ for the first time but also at him calling her ‘mummy’ for the first time.

“I love you too Kobe.” Charlie grinned, holding the boy in the embrace as she glanced over at Brax who was smiling down at the scene.

April, James and Finn were in the mall, doing some shopping for baby things. She only had 6 weeks to go but she was ready for the baby to arrive now, being very sick of being pregnant. She was still sick every day, although now it was only once or twice a day instead of constantly. She rubbed her hand over the small of her back, wincing as she tried to rub away her back pain. James noticed her facial expression and put his hand on her back, rubbing it for her. She gave him a grateful smile as they walked into the shop, Finn running ahead, gasping at all the things in the shop. “Hurry mummy.”

“Mummy can’t walk so fast right now,” April waddled behind Finn. “Peanut is slowing me down.” April said and Finn giggled as he ran back over to his mother and put his hands onto her bump.

“Peanut let mummy move,” Finn said, gasping as the baby started kicking. “Oh she kick me,” Finn giggled, loving feeling the baby move in his mother’s belly. “Be nice your brother.” Finn demanded, James laughing as he ran his hand over Finn’s hair.

“Come help daddy pick out some more stuff huh.” James said and Finn nodded as he ran back to the clothes rack, looking at the dresses.

“This nice,” Finn said, as he pointed to a little pink dress with a grey bunny on the front. “Get this.”

“We don’t know if we are having a girl,” April told him. “We better not buy a dress just in case it’s a boy. We can’t dress your brother in a dress, can we?” April questioned and Finn scrunched his face up as he shook his head. “And anyways, we have plenty clothes,” April said. “We need to get a car seat, a bouncy chair and some burp cloths,” April told her son. “You can pick out some nice burp cloths huh?”

“What’s that?” Finn curled his nose up.

“It’s like a little blankie that goes on mummy’s shoulder when she is burping the baby after feeding so if the baby is sick it won’t get on mummy.” James explained and Finn screwed his face up at the thought of being sick on.

“Kay I find nice ones,” Finn said. “Show me where they is,” Finn looked up James before taking a hold of his hand, the family walking through the shop till they found burping cloths on the rail. Finn stared at a pack of 3 pink ones before shaking his head, looking at the next ones that were white, each of them having different animals on, the animals being turtles, elephants and on the third, owls. “Animal ones.” Finn reached up to them and April helped take them off the rack before handing them to her son to carry, Finn looking proud with his choice.

“So car seat and bouncy chair,” James said those being the only other things they needed right now for the baby. “You know its times like this I wish we did find out what we are having,” James said as they walked slowly across the shop. “Could get more gender themed stuff.”

April raised her eyebrows as she glared at James. “Don’t start now. You know I wanted to find out.” April said and James gave a little nod, looking to Finn who had taken a white and red car seat from the bottom shelf and was trying to sit in it. “Finn Joseph,” April gasped at her son. “Get off from that. You’re too big for that seat.”

Finn sighed as he stood up, pushing the seat away from him. James laughed as he picked the car seat up and put it back on the shelf. “Just want to play.” Finn mumbled as he leaned against James’ leg, looking sad he’d been told off.

“Car seats are for safety, not for playing,” James said as he rubbed his back. “Now, you help daddy pick out a nice one for the baby, yeah?” James questioned and Finn nodded as he looked back to the car seats, the three of them continuing to shop for the last few things they needed to get before the baby arrived.

Thanks.

fifty-four

“Boys hurry up,” Brax shouted up the stairs before walking into the kitchen. “We are going to be late.” Brax sighed. They were going in to get their suits for the wedding, their appointment being at 10am.

“You’ve got plenty time,” Charlie laughed. “Don’t stress out.”

“Just because you have your dress already,” Brax sighed, glancing at his watch again. “What time are you girls going dress shopping anyways?” Brax wondered. Charlie going out with the girls to pick up the bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.

“Not till 12,” Charlie answered. “But we shouldn’t be that long,” Charlie said. “Could always meet you at the diner at around 1.30 and grab some lunch all together.” Charlie suggested and Brax gave a little nod at the idea, looking relieved as the boys ran into the kitchen.

“Hey you boys finally ready?” Brax smiled.

“Yes,” Daniel answered. “We still have plenty time dad.” Daniel said rolling his eyes.

“Am I really coming?” Kobe questioned, looking up to Brax.

“Of course you are. You need a suit for the wedding,” Brax told him. “You can’t wear your Spiderman jammies can you?” Brax questioned and Kobe giggled as he shook his head.

“But I’m really going to be at your wedding?” Kobe wondered looking from Brax to Charlie.

“You are more than going to be there,” Charlie told him. “You’re in the wedding bud. You are a pageboy with Daniel and VJ.”

“I’ve never been in a wedding before.” Kobe told them, looking a little excited he was included in the day.

“Me either,” Daniel told him. “But it’s going to be a fun day and we get to eat cake,” Daniel grinned and Kobe’s eyes lit up. “Then we’ll all take a honeymoon together.”

“What’s a honeymoon?” Kobe questioned.

“It’s when the man and woman who get married go on a holiday,” Brax said, looking down to the boys. “No kids allowed. I’m sure we’ve told you this already Daniel.”

Daniel furrowed his eyebrows. “I have like $50 in my piggy bank,” Daniel said, glaring up at Brax. “I can come with my money.”

“Will take you a lot more than $50 to get to the Maldives bud,” Brax laughed as he ruffled his hair. “You two get out to the car. We’ve got suits to get.” Brax said, gesturing for the boys to leave the house.

“Bye mum.” Daniel said before he ran out of the room, grabbing Brax’s car keys on the way past.

“Bye mummy.” Kobe ran over to Charlie and gave her a hug.

“Bye bud. Have a nice morning with daddy and I’ll see you at lunchtime.” Charlie said, kissing his head as she rubbed his back.

“Yeah,” Kobe grinned as he ran over to Brax. “Let’s go.” Kobe took Brax’s hand in his and walked with him out to the house.

James exhaled frustratingly as he kicked the pram. “Jay,” April raised her voice. “Don’t break it already,” April said, her hand going onto his arm. “Just take your time.”

James sighed, his head shaking as he pulled the pram closer to him again. “Show me again.” James said, looking to his fiancé.

April stepped forward and pulled the handles up as she pushed in a button, the pram collapsing down. “Just like that.” April said as James watched before he bent down and put the pram back up.

“I can get it up no bother,” James sighed. “Why can’t I get it down?” James looked as frustrated as he sounded. “You’d think putting a pram up and down would be simple.” James muttered as he looked at the handle when April pulled from closely.

“You are just getting yourself all worked up,” April tried not to laugh at the state he was getting himself in. “Just take a breather, count to 10 and try again.” April said, rubbing his back.

“If I can’t even get the pram to go down what kind of father am I going to be?” James murmured looking away from April.

“I already know you are an amazing father,” April rubbed his arm. “This peanut is going to be lucky to be able to call you dad,” April gave him a smile as he looked to her. “Look at how Finn is. That’s half thanks to you.” April told him.

“An amazing father would be able to do this stupid pram.” James said, his hand knocking against the new pram they’d recently bought for the baby.

“Babe,” April spoke softly. She could see this was about more than him not being able to get the pram down. She knew he was getting nervous for the baby’s arrival. “It’s going to be okay.” April assured him.

James looked into her eyes, giving her a soft smile. “You’ll help me along the way, right?” James said. “Keep me right?” James questioned, nervous for some of the firsts he was going to face, Finn of course being 4 months when he started dating April.

“Of course,” April answered. “Not that you’ll need much help. You were a natural with Finn from the get go,” April told him, a smile etching on her face. “You’re going to be amazing.” April said and James leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips before he looked back to the pram and once again tried to get it down, not going to be defeated.

Georgia and Poppy were running around in their white flower girl dresses, a red ribbon sat around their waists and was tied in a bow at their backs. Kaya was in the same dress but she was busy admiring herself in the mirror, as Leah, Bianca and Ruby were all in red strapless dresses that flowed loosely down to the ground. The alterations had been done and although they were only supposed to be picking the dresses up, they of course had to try them on, just to be sure. “Where is your dress Charlie?” Poppy questioned, still spinning around as she ran around the room.

“It’s at Auntie Bee’s.” Charlie answered, playing with her engagement ring, feel nervous that it was only 2 weeks away until she was going to be Mrs Braxton.

“My house?” Kaya looked around to Charlie. “Why?”

“Well if I took it home Brax might have peaked and he’s not supposed to see the dress before the wedding.” Charlie explained.

“Oh.” Poppy widened her eyes.

“He’s no sees mines,” Georgia marched over to her mother, he hands going onto the top of her legs. “Kay mummy.”

“He can see yours,” Charlie answered. “That’s not bad luck.”

“Tis,” Georgia scrunched her face up. “He can’t see me.” Georgia told her mother, sounding very adamant.

“Okay okay,” Charlie ran her hand through her daughter hair. “We’ll keep all the dresses a secret,” Charlie said. “But you don’t get to see the boys in their suits either.” Charlie said and Georgia frowned.

“Yeah,” Georgia said. “I see them.” Georgia replied before she ran off again, dancing around with Poppy.

“VJ gets a suit,” Poppy said once again stopping her dancing. “And daddy,” Poppy added. “Is you and daddy getting married too?”

“Daddy and I are already married,” Leah answered. “It’s just Charlie and Brax getting married.”

“Is Heath going to be there?” Kaya questioned, looking to her mother. Heath and Bianca had been dating for over 6 months now and things were going strong.

“Of course he is,” Bianca answered. “He’s Brax’s best man.”

“Will you and Heath get married?” Kaya questioned and Bianca went a little red in the face as she felt all eyes on her, waiting on a reply.

“I’m not sure, Kaya,” Bianca answered. “It’s too early to think about marriage.”

Kaya furrowed her eyebrows at her mother before look around to everyone, admiring them all in their dresses. “Will you get married Ruby?” Kaya questioned, glancing to Ruby who had been rather quiet all morning. Ruby gave a little shrug as she played with her ring finger.

“Excuse me.” Ruby sniffed back before she turned and walked out of the shop, Charlie glancing at her friends before she walked out after her daughter.

Thank you Kristen, Sarah and CharlieAndBraxLover.

fifty-five

Charlie caught up with Ruby quickly and the pair sat down on a bench close by to the shop. “You okay?” Charlie questioned as she rubbed her daughters cheek.

Ruby gave a little shrug, Charlie seeing tears welling in her eyes. “I...it’s a year tomorrow.” Ruby pursed her lips and Charlie instantly knew what she was talking about.

“Aw Ruby I’m sorry. It complete went over my head.” Charlie said as she rubbed her daughters arm.

“It’s okay,” Ruby answered. “You’ve been sorting out the wedding and stuff. And I’ve liked doing it too because it’s kept my mind away from tomorrow but,” Ruby pursed her lips as she looked down. “When Kaya asked if I was going to get married one day, I...” Ruby paused. “He’s the only person I ever saw myself marrying.”

“So you don’t see yourself marrying Evan?” Charlie questioned.

Ruby shrugged. “I do love him,” Ruby answered. “And I see us having a future together but,” Ruby shook her head looking downwards. “It’s hard. You think you’re life is going to be with one person and then they are taken from you and then you have start all over again and I...” Ruby sniffed back as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“You’re not going to get there overnight sweetie,” Charlie tucked Ruby’s hair behind her ear. “And being in a new relationship is already a big step,” Charlie told her. “You’ve only been together 6 months anyways. Just enjoy being in a new relationship, getting to know Evan and growing closer.” Charlie told her, Ruby giving a little nod as she agreed with what her mother said.

“I will,” Ruby nodded her head. “So, not long now till you become Mrs Braxton,” Ruby raised her eyebrows. “You excited, nervous, anxious.....”

“Little bit of everything,” Charlie answered, rolling her engagement ring around her finger. “It’s just come round so fast.”

“Probably been preoccupied with Kobe,” Ruby said, giving a little smile. “So you ever think you and Brax will have another of your own or has Kobe taken that place?”

“I’m not sure,” Charlie gave a little shrug. “I know Brax wants at least one more of his own, but,” Charlie clicked her tongue. “Well I never saw myself having four kids, let alone anymore.”

“Well if you did decide to have more kids it would be one lucky baby having a mother like you.” Ruby said and Charlie gave her daughter a smile before pulling her into a hug, Ruby wrapping her arms back around the mother as they sat there in the embrace.

April and James were in the hospital, waiting for April’s 34 week check-up. James was shaking his legs as he waited nervously, James never liking the appointments. In fact, he didn’t really like being in hospitals since his mum passed. “Stop doing that,” April put her hand on his knee to steady him. “It’s making me need a pee.”

“What?” James scrunched his face. “How can me shaking my legs make you need to pee?” James questioned, stifling a laugh of disbelief.

“I don’t know but it is so stop.” April squeezed his knee harder, her other hand rubbing over her bump, which now of course at 34 weeks pregnant was rather large.

James sighed a little. “Wish little dude was here today to see the baby.” Finn was at a birthday party of one of the boys in his day care class, April and James getting to have a few hours to themselves and April thought it would be best to schedule her next appointment when it could be Finn free.

“I don’t,” April replied. “Remember what he was like at my 20 week?” April said her head shaking as he remembered her son’s over excitement at the scan.

James gave a little laugh and went to reply but the sounds of the midwife’s voice cut him off. “April Scott,” Erin said and James stood up first, taking April’s hands in his and helping her to her feet. They walked into the room and took a seat. “So, how you feeling? You still as sick?”

“It’s cut dramatically,” April answered. “But I am still sick every day.”

“Oh,” Erin exhaled sympathetically. “Well there’s not long left until you’ll have your little peanut in your arms.”

“It seems to have come around very quickly.” James said, not able to believe the baby was dude in about 6 weeks time.

“Maybe for you,” April muttered. “It’s been a long long time for me. I’m ready for this one to come now.” April sighed, her hand rubbing over her stomach.

“We don’t her coming just yet,” Erin leaned forward and rubbed April’s knee. “She needs a few more weeks to be nice and ready to come and meet everyone and that big brother of hers,” Erin smiled. “Speaking of, where is Finn today?”

“He’s at a friend’s birthday.” April answered and Erin gave a little nod before asking April to lean back in the bed she was sitting on. She put on some gloves as April pulled her singlet up, revealing her bare bump.

Erin poked and prodded at her stomach, feeling the baby. “Hmmm.” Erin pursed her lips and April glanced to James before looking back to Erin.

“Is everything okay?” April questioned, a worried tone in her voice.

“Appears little peanut is still bum first.” Erin said and both April and James gave a sigh of relief, thinking it was going to be something serious.

“So what does that mean?” James wondered.

“There’s still time for him to turn,” Erin answered, looking around to James. “We’ll check up till you are 37 weeks and if you are still breech then, then we can try to turn the baby. If that’s not successful then we’d probably recommend at C-Section.”

“Oh,” April bit her lip. “I’d rather not get cut open and be sore for like 6 weeks.” April didn’t like the idea of a C-Section. She wanted another natural birth and didn’t want to feel sore when she had not only a newborn but also Finn to look after.

“Well like I say hopefully it doesn’t come to that,” Erin smiled down at April. “There’s still time for baby to move so we won’t worry yet hmm,” Erin said and April gave a little nod. “Well I’ll just do the rest of the exam then we can have a chat about anything concerning you.” Erin said as she continued with the necessary checks on April and the baby.

Charlie walked out of the en-suite and gave a jump in fright as the thunder roared. They could hear the wind howling as the rain was falling hard and fast, the sounds of rain being heard on the windows. “Get a fright?” Brax laughed as he ran his hands up her bare arms before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“Mmm,” Charlie nodded as she pulled back. “It was loud.”

“Well daddy is here to keep you safe.” Brax said, raising his eyebrows before he kissed her once again, his hands caressing her back.

“Mmm, we can’t.” Charlie sighed. Of course she would love to be intimate with her fiancé but she knew at least one of the kids would be through any minute now.

“Yeah we can,” Brax replied. “I’ll show you how.” Brax teased before kissing her again, his tongue going into her mouth this time. Charlie moaned into the kiss as she cupped her hers hands around his bottom, pushing him closer to her.

There was a flash of lightening before the thunder roared again. A few seconds later the door burst open and Georgia ran into the room, Owlie under one arm as she dragged her owl blanket behind her. “Mummy.” Georgia sniffed back, Charlie looking down to her daughter, seeing she was on the brink of tears.

“Told you.” Charlie mumbled as she slapped Brax’s chest before walking over to Georgia and lifting her up, Georgia snuggling into Charlie as she held onto her tightly.

“I’m scared.” Georgia mumbled.

“There’s nothing to be frightened of,” Charlie rubbed her back. “It’s just a little rain storm. It won’t hurt you.” Charlie spoke softly as she walked over to her bed and put Georgia down. Georgia squealed as she grabbed onto Charlie again, Charlie having to get into bed with her daughter clinging onto her.

“Looks like its three in bed tonight,” Brax mumbled as he walked over to the bed and slipped into his side. “You’ll be alright trouble,” Brax said as he leaned forwards and rubbed Georgia’s cheek. Georgia cuddled into Charlie more as the wind picked up, it howling even louder through the windows. “Goodnight,” Brax whispered as he leaned up and placed a kiss on Charlie’s lips. Just as they lay down to sleep the door creaked open again and Daniel and Kobe were standing there, Kobe cuddling Wally close. “C’mon boys,” Brax gestured for the boys to join them in the bed. The boys looked at each other before they ran over and climbed into the bed. Charlie and Brax looked to each other, now with three kids in between them and both of them gave the other a smile as they raised their eyebrows at the same time. Brax exhaled, looking forward to the honeymoon where he’d get Charlie all to himself for two whole weeks with no interruptions. “Make that 5 in the bed.” Brax mumbled before he lay down to sleep.

fifty-six

April threw the pen down as she gave a sigh of frustration. She held her head in her hands as she took a deep breath. “C’mon April,” April mumbled as she turned her head and looked over to Finn who was banging about in this play kitchen. “Bud, shhh, mummy is trying to do homework.” April said, Finn glancing up at her as he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Come play.” Finn moaned as he ran over to her and tried to climb up onto her knee.

“I can’t right now,” April pushed him back slightly. “Mummy’s got a very important essay to write,” April exhaled, as she rubbed his cheek. “Hmm you go play with your legos or something yeah?” April said and Finn shook his head.

“I wanna play wiff you.” Finn banged his foot against the floor.

“I promise later we can build a fort and have cookies and milk in it, yeah?” April questioned and Finn grinned as he nodded his head. “So right now I need you to go be a quiet little beaver and play nicely on your own.” April told him. She needed to get the essay finished and handed in for the next day, and this essay was an important piece of work for passing this year.

“But it boring.” Finn sighed.

“I’m sorry sweetie but mummy has important stuff to do for school,” April sounded frustrated. “Please just go play. Daddy should be home soon and he can play with you.”

“I don’t want to play wiff daddy,” Finn clenched his fists as his body shook, April raising her eyebrows at him, knowing he was about to have a tantrum. “Just you now.” Finn demanded, once again banging his foot against the floor.

“No,” April tried to sound as stern as she could. “Mummy is busy. I can’t play with you,” April of course felt bad refusing to play with her son but this uni work was important. Finn burst into a loud squeal before throwing himself down to the floor, kicking and screaming. “Finn Joseph,” April sighed as she pushed herself up to standing before leaning down the best she could, her bump getting in the way. She hauled her son up by the arm, April staying bent down. “Stop being silly.” April told her son as she wiped away his tears with her thumbs.

“I just....” Finn paused as he sniffed back. “Love you...too much....” Finn’s breathing was all heavy as he spoke.

“Aww I love you to bud.” April felt her heart melting at her young son’s words.

“So you can play?” Finn questioned, giving her puppy dog eyes as he pouted. She pursed her lips as she looked up to her work at the table before looking back to her son.

“Just until daddy gets home, okay?” April said and Finn’s face lit up as he gave a little nod. April smiled at her son as he wrapped his arms around her in a hug, April rubbing his back as she placed a kiss on his temple before they left the kitchen and went through to Finn’s playroom.

Charlie came back to the house after an afternoon with Leah and Bianca. “Where are the kids?” Charlie questioned, walking into the living room, hearing it was rather quiet.

“Ruby and Evan have taken them out for dinner and a movie,” Brax answered, his eyebrows raising a little. “So it’s just me and you.” Brax grinned as Charlie sat down next to him on the couch.

“Oh really?” Charlie raised her eyebrows before leaving forward and placing a soft kiss on his lips. It wasn’t often they got time to themselves these days.

“Mmmm,” Brax gave a little nod. “Wonder what we could do with all this free time.” Brax spoke seductively as he moved closer to Charlie in the couch, his hand resting on her cheek as he pulled her in for a kiss.

“Brax,” Charlie pulled back, her lips pursing, she looked down a little, Brax screwing his eyes up at her reaction to him hinting he wanted sex. It had been a while since they were intimate it seeming they always got interrupted just when they were about to have some adult time. “Can we....not?” Charlie questioned, looking back up to him.

“Uhm,” Brax rubbed the back of his head. “Why don’t you want to?” Brax wondered.

“I just think it could be nice to wait till the wedding night.” Charlie replied.

“Another two weeks?” Brax voice went high pitched, not sure he could wait that much longer before having sex with her again. “But what.....why?”

Charlie gave a little shrug. “I think it will make the wedding night even better,” Charlie raised her eyebrows as she spoke. “And if you do agree to this, I.....I promise I’d make the wedding night worth the wait.” Charlie said as she took a deep breath, rolling her wedding ring around her finger as she spoke.

“It’s always worth it.” Brax grinned as he rubbed Charlie’s arm.

Charlie gave him a smile. “I mean,” Charlie took another deep breath. “Remember in Bali I promised you a honeymoon baby?” Charlie questioned and Brax widened his eyes as he gave a little nod, his heart beating faster and what he thought Charlie was about to say. “Well I want to keep that promise.”

“So we can start trying again from the wedding night?” Brax questioned and Charlie bit her lip as she gave a little nod. “Are you sure you want to?” Brax questioned, seeing the look of uncertainty on Charlie’s face.

“Mmm,” Charlie murmured. “I promised you.” Charlie said again, still not really giving her true answer.

Brax smiled as he leaned forward and placed a kiss on her lips. “So, two more weeks?” Brax questioned and Charlie gave a little nod.

“Two more weeks.” Charlie said before they once again shared a kiss.

Evan and Ruby slid into bed. “Goodnight.” Ruby spoke quietly as she lay down and turned to face away from Evan, hugging the bed sheet close to her chest.

“Rubes,” Evan exhaled as he put his hand on her shoulder. “Sweetie is everything okay?” Evan questioned. “You’ve been.....you been quiet with me all day.”

“No I’ve not.” Ruby mumbled.

“Eh yeah,” Evan sighed. “You did want to meet me this morning, then when we did meet you brought your siblings along and hardly talked to me.”

“Well Brax asked me to babysit,” Ruby sighed. “And we were at the movies. You’re not supposed to talk in the movies theatre you know.” Ruby murmured.

“Sweetie.” Evan spoke softly as he rubbed her back, knowing something wasn’t right.

Ruby took a deep breath before sitting up in the bed and faced Evan. “I’m sorry. It’s not you,” Ruby pursed her lips, looking downwards. “It’s....today was....” Ruby paused. “One year since Dex...” Ruby looked down as she trailed off.

“Ah Rubes, I’m sorry, I...” Evan pursed his lips. He knew it was coming up for the first anniversary of Dexter’s passing soon, he just wasn’t aware of when and was always too scared to ask. “Why didn’t you say anything?” Evan wondered.

Ruby gave a little shrug. “I just didn’t need to throw this on you,” Ruby said. “You’ve still got issues with your dads passing and I....”

“I’d have been there for you, Rubes,” Evan told her. “I...I understand that he is always going to be a big part of your life,” Evan rubbed her arm. “Please don’t shut me out because you think you are doing me a favour.”

Ruby pursed her lips as she gave a little nod. “Sid and Sasha - Dex’s dad and sister – and I went to his grave. Then we let three balloons go for him, we uhm, we just spoke about Dex. Laughed about him, reminisced,” Ruby gave a little smile as she thought about him. “It was a nice morning.”

“Sounds like it would have been,” Evan replied. “You know if you ever want to go to his grave, I, I’d take you there.”

Ruby gave him an appreciative smile. “Thanks but,” Ruby shook her head. “I think I need to keep Dex and me and me and you apart,” Ruby told him. “But thanks for letting me know the offer is there.” Ruby gave him a smile before she leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “Goodnight.” Ruby whispered before laying down to sleep, this time though instead of facing away from Evan, she cuddled into him, Evan wrapping his arm around her as they closed their eyes to sleep.

Thanks. :)

fifty-seven

James walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, his eyes squinting as the light hit them. “What you doing?” James questioned seeing April was busy with her head in some books.

“I need to get this essay finished.” April yawned as she took a drink of what James saw was coffee.

“You should be in bed,” James answered. “It’s past midnight. And you definitely shouldn’t be drinking coffee.” James sounded angry as he took the cup away from her.

April sniggered. “That’s my second cup. I need to stay awake.” April said as she wrote a sentence on the paper.

“April- ” James rubbed her upper arms.

“No,” April shrugged him away. “This was supposed to be handed in on Friday,” April looked angry as she looked up t James. “I need to hand it in tomorrow and I need to do well so please just leave me alone to finish it.” April said, looking back down and reading over the last sentence she’d wrote, making sure it made sense.

“You think doing an important essay at midnight is good for you?” James questioned.

“Well I tried to finish it today but Finn was bursting for attention and besides the fact you knew this essay to be handed in first thing Monday you still went out all day with your mates and buggered off to a surf beach 2 hours from here,” April spat. “I didn’t have any time to do it this afternoon because I needed to be with Finn.”

“Sorry,” James pursed his lips. He did feel bad he ended up been gone for so long, especially when he knew she had the essay to finish. “Look maybe you could ask for an extension.”

“Why?” April questioned. “You think they’ll give me privileges just because I have a toddler and am about to burst again?” April retorted, her head shaking in disbelief. “I don’t think so,” April answered herself. “And besides they already gave me this weekend as extra time,” April sighed. “I’m already falling behind, I’m barely just passing my assignments,” April sighed. “Ever since you knocked me up I’ve gone from getting 90-95 per cent to just scraping by. I got a 68 per cent last week, Jay. 68. That’s awful,” April sighed. “I may as well just quit.”

“April, no,” James tried to rubbed her back but she shrugged him away. “You can’t quit.”

“Well at this rate I’m probably not going to get to continue on next year anyways,” April mumbled. “Who am I kidding? With two young kids I’d be a fool to think I can finish medical school.”

“You are the smartest person I know and will ace medical school,” James spoke softly, giving her an encouraging smile. “I promise I’m going to be here for Finn and the baby,” James put his hand on April’s bump as he spoke. “You finishing school and getting to be doctor is going to happen, I promise you that.” James told her, knowing he’d need to step up with the childcare role for the sake of her schooling.

“Morning.” Heath grinned as he placed a kiss on Bianca’s lips.

“Hmm I love you waking up next to you,” Bianca murmured as they kissed again. “I wish I didn’t have work today. We could just stay in bed all day.”

Heath grinned as he felt Bianca’s forehead. “Well you are coming down with something,” Heath joked, a cheeky grin on his face. “Maybe you do need Dr Heath to make you all better.”

“Mmm,” Bianca raised her eyebrows. “There is one problem,” Bianca said and Heath looked a little confused. “Kaya.” Bianca said.

“Did you just call your daughter a problem?” Heath questioned.

“I didn’t mean she was a problem, I just.....I meant she needs to go to school.” Bianca said and Heath gave a little nod.

“Well I can take her to school. It’s my day off anyways so I won’t get caught bunking off,” Heath laughed. “Then when I get back here.....” Heath gave a suggestive grin as he raised his eyebrows before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on Bianca’s lips.

“Mmm I wish,” Bianca exhaled. “No, I need to be a responsible adult and go to work,” Bianca said as she pulled herself away from Heath and got out of bed. “You should probably go home anyways,” Bianca suggested. “Been a while and your clothes probably could do with a change.” Bianca said and Heath got out of the bed and found his shorts hanging on the end of the dresser. He walked over to them and put them on before picking his t-shirt up from the floor, putting it over his.

“I don’t want to go home,” Heath sighed. “This is...I love being here with you and Kaya.”

“So what you saying? You want to move in?” Bianca gave a little laugh.

“Yeah,” Heath answered and Bianca widened her eyes, looking a little shocked. “Well why not?” Heath questioned. “I’m here most of the time anyways, I get on really well with Kaya, we’re in love, it’s means Kobe can get his own room at Brax’s place,” Heath exhaled. “I can’t really think of any reasons not too.” Heath said and Bianca pursed her lips before she gave a little nod.

“Okay,” Bianca gave an excited squeal. “Let’s do it.” Bianca said, running over to Heath and wrapping her arms around him, the pair sharing a kiss.

Kobe stared at the bike, looking unsure at if he should try it or not. “Brax won’t let anything happen.” Charlie told him. “He’ll keep you safe.”

Kobe took a deep breath, watching as Daniel rode around the large driveway on his bike. “Yeah, daddy keep you safe,” Georgia yelled to Kobe from cycling around on her little orange 3 wheeler. “It easy. See.” Georgia continued to cycle around. Kobe looked to Charlie before looking back to Brax.

“Is this bike really for me?” Kobe questioned, his hands running over the handle bars of the blue bike.

“Well its Daniel’s old bike,” Charlie told him. “But if you can do it and like it then maybe Santa will bring you a new bike of your own for Christmas.”

“Oh,” Kobe gasped. “And you know what to do?” Kobe said, looking to Brax for assurance that he was going to be safe.

“I do,” Brax nodded. “Taught that one how to ride a bike,” Brax said, gesturing over to Daniel. “Mummy still had him riding a bike with training wheels at 5.” Brax gasped, shaking his head.

“Hey he’d just turned 5 when we met,” Charlie slapped Brax’s chest. “And he was my baby. No training wheels means he’s growing up.” Charlie said and Brax gave a little laugh before looking back to Kobe who was holding onto the bike.

“Mummy.” Kobe said, looking up to her, Charlie’s heart still bursting with joy every time he uttered that word.

“Yeah buddy?” Charlie looked at him questioningly.

“If you go to there and I will try and come to you,” Kobe said as he pointed down the driveway. Charlie gave a little nod as she did as instructed and walked down to the bottom of the drive. Kobe looked to Brax who gave him an encouraging smile before taking a few steps forward and held onto the bike as Kobe got onto it, his hands gripping onto the handle bars very tightly. “Don’t you let me go Darryl,” Kobe said and Brax shook his head. “You don’t okay?” Kobe spoke authoritatively. “Not till I won’t fall.”

“I won’t bud,” Brax put the helmet onto Kobe’s head, tightening the strap a little. “Ready?” Brax questioned and Kobe gave a little nod as Brax pushed the bike forwards, telling Kobe to peddle. Kobe started peddling as Brax kept hold of the bike, making sure he had his balance. When he was confident he did, Brax loosened his grip slightly before moving his hands all together, Kobe cycling down to Charlie, Charlie smiling as she saw the look of joy on Kobe’s face. Kobe screeched the brakes, stopping the bike just as the wheel hit Charlie’s foot.

“I did it.” Kobe jumped from the bike and wrapped his arms around Charlie in a hug.

“Great job bud.” Charlie rubbed his back before he pulled back, looking around to Brax who was walking down to them as he clapped, Daniel and Georgia cheering from the edge of the driveway.

“Awesome stuff Kobes.” Brax grinned.

“Darryl...Brax....” Kobe shook his head. “Daddy,” Kobe beamed as he ran into his arms, Brax’s heart melting that he’d called him daddy for the first time. “We did it.” Kobe grinned, wrapping his arms around him tightly in a hug, Brax rubbing the boys back as he looked to Charlie, a big grin on both of their faces and how happy Kobe was.

fifty-eight

Ruby brushed her dress down before turning to face her mother. “You ready?” Ruby questioned. Charlie exhaled deeply as she gave a little nod, feeling rather nervous. “You look like you are going to throw up.” Ruby rubbed her mother’s arm as Charlie took a few deep breaths.

“I’m fine.” Charlie fanned herself with her hand.

“Just a little pre wedding nerves,” Leah said as she handed the girls their baskets filled with rose petals before Bianca positioned them, Georgia on the left, Kaya in the middle and Poppy on her right. Bianca and Leah would walk up behind them then lastly, Ruby would give Charlie away. “It’s fine to feel nervous.”

“Hmm.” Charlie exhaled.

“Hey just think you and Brax get to go spend two weeks in the gorgeous Maldives,” Bianca said, smiling at her friend. “Kiddie free.” Bianca added, raising her eyebrows. The kids would be looked after by Ruby and Evan mainly, but Leah, Miles, Heath and Bianca would all be there helping out.

“It’s been so long since it’s just been the two of us we’ll probably run out of things to talk about.” Charlie mumbled.

“It’s your honeymoon,” Leah said. “You don’t need to be talking.”

“Ah ewwww,” Ruby screwed her face up. “She’s my mother,” Ruby said. “I do not need that image.” Ruby gave a little shudder, looking horrified at the thought of her mother having sex.

Leah and Bianca gave a laugh. “Not like she’s old,” Leah laughed. “She’s 34.”

“She is still my mother,” Ruby mumbled. “Now, we do need to go make her Mrs Braxton though, so, if you are ready?” Ruby glanced at Charlie and Charlie took a deep breath before Leah and Bianca ushered the girls out of the room and walked them the short distance to the beach, the band starting to play as they made their way down the aisle, ready to lead Charlie to her husband to be. Brax stared out, waiting till he got his first glimpse of his bride. He felt his heart skip a beat, his breath taken by her beauty. Her long chocolate locks waved loosely down passed her shoulders, her dress gorgeous as it flowed loosely to the sand. He couldn’t take the smile from his face as he kept his eyes glued to her as she made her way along the beach to become Mrs Braxton.

April winced as she rubbed her stomach. She felt a bit funny most of the day, but having experienced labour pains before, she was sure it was just Braxton Hicks, but over the last half hour the pain had become worse and April was pretty sure she’d just had a real contraction. She watched as Finn was running around with Poppy, Kaya, VJ and Daniel, all the kids having a great time playing as other people danced, chatted and drank in Angelo’s, where’d they gone after the ceremony. “You okay?” Evan walked up to April and rubbed her back, seeing she looked in pain.

“No,” April shook her head. “I think the baby is coming.” April answered and Evan widened his eyes as he looked down to her bump.

“Oh wow.” Evan immediately looked panicked as he looked around the room, trying to find James.

“Do you know where James is?” April questioned as Evan continued to look around the room. He spotted him at the back of the room, dancing with Georgia, the little girl giggling in delight as he span her around and around.

“I’ll go get him.” Evan told her, running across the room to his brother.

“I hope you look happier than this at your own wedding.” Bianca laughed as she nudged her sister’s arm.

“I think it’s time,” April said, trying to stay calm. Bianca widened her eyes as she yelled out James’ name. “Evan is getting him,” April held her sister’s arm. “Can you take Finn tonight?” April questioned.

“Of course,” Bianca told her sister. “Do you want me to come with you to the hospital?” Bianca questioned, rubbing her sister’s arm. “Heath can take Kaya and Finn home.” Bianca said, Heath having officially moved in the week before, much to the delight of Kaya.

“It’ll probably just be a lot of waiting around for you and I’ll be too busy yelling abuse at James to care you are there for me,” April gave a little laugh, trying to stop her nerves, of course remembering exactly what it was like giving birth to Finn even though people said you don’t remember the birth once the baby arrives. “Just watch Finn. And Jay will let you know as soon as anything happens.” April said as James ran over to April, a panicked look on his face.

“Oh God hun,” James put his hand on her bump. “Are you okay? It is painful? Can you feel the baby coming?”

“Relax babe,” April laughed. “I was in labour with Finn for like 29 hours before it was time to push.” April told him.

“But we are still getting you to hospital, right?” James questioned and April gave a little nod.

“Yeah,” April answered. “But we need to go say by to Charlie and Brax first then....” April paused she felt what she was sure was a contraction. She grabbed James’ hand and squeezed it tightly before talking again after the contraction passed. “Then Finn.”

“You are in labour and you want to stand around and chat?” James couldn’t believe how calm April was being; especially giving that she was 4 weeks before her due date.

“We have time.” April assured him, of course April knowing more about pregnancy and her body than James did. She started to walk over to Charlie and Brax who were chatting to Leah and Miles, Brax standing a little behind Charlie as his arms were wrapped around her, his chin resting on her shoulder. James looked at Bianca with widened eyes before walking off after April, the only thing on his mind being able to get April to the hospital.

After saying goodbye to the kids, Charlie and Brax went to the Sands for the night before they’d head off the next day to the Maldives. Charlie walked into the room, running her hand over the box of chocolate covered fruit as she glanced at the champagne. “Looks good but pretty sure we’re not going to need it.” Brax said, his hands resting on her stomach as he soft kissed her neck.

“Oh yeah?” Charlie turned herself around to face Brax. “I thought we could have some chocolate, a glass or two of champagne, have a nice talk about our feelings.” Charlie said with a cheeky grin on her face.

“I love you more than anything,” Brax spoke softly. “And that’s all the feelings you are getting out of me tonight,” Brax told her as he tucked her hair behind her ear before placing a soft kiss on her lips. “Now as gorgeous as you look in that dress I do think it’s time to get you out of it.” Brax said, his hands running across her back, looking for the zip.

“Mmm I’m not ready to get out of it,” Charlie sighed. “No longer a bride.” Charlie pouted sadly.

“Aww babe you are now something much better,” Brax tucked her hair behind her ear. “You get to be Mrs Braxton, which means you are my wife,” Brax grinned as he placed a soft kiss on her lips. “my gorgeous, sexy, amazing, sexy, sweet, sexy, kind, sexy, caring wife.” Brax said, kissing her again.

“You realise you said sexy like a hundred times?” Charlie questioned, her head cocking to the side as she spoke.

“Well you are sexy,” Brax whispered. “So so sexy.” Brax told her, kissing her again, this time the kiss getting more passionate as he led her over to the bed, unzipping her dress and letting it fall to the floor.

Thank you Koebe, Kristen, CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah and Sabrina for the comments. :)

fifty-nine

14 hours after going to hospital, at 8.03am, April and James’ son was born. He was a little on the small side and was a little bit jaundice but he was perfectly healthy in every other way. April was holding her son in her arms, smiling down at him, her eyes clued to his face. She took in his big soft green eyes, obviously inherited from his father. He also had a little tufted of blond hair which was right now hidden under his little white and blue hat. “You are so much like your daddy,” April whispered, the baby looking like he was going to drift off to sleep. “I can’t wait for Finn to come and meet you,” April spoke softly. “You’re a very lucky little boy to have him as a brother,” April said. “And to have Jay as a daddy,” April smiled lovingly at her baby son, the love she felt for him already making her heart burst. “But I do think he’s a little bit nervous so be nice to him, okay?” April rubbed his little cheek as she spoke before looking up as the door opened and James walked back into the room. “You get them called?” April questioned, James nodding his head as he’d been out to call Bianca, Olive, Irene and Ruby and Evan and with the news.

“Yeah,” James nodded as he sat back down on the chair next to April’s bed. “Bianca said she’d bring Finn and Kaya in soon,” James told her, his hand cupping around his son’s head, a big smile on his face. “Hey peanut,” James said, April and James having not yet decided on a name were still calling him peanut. “You been keeping mummy company while daddy’s been busy?” James questioned.

April looked up to him, a smile of her face. “You should hold him.” April said, handing him out for James to take.

“I....” James shook his head, April seeing fear in his eyes. “No. He looks comfy. I don’t want to upset him.”

“You won’t,” April told him. “Babe he is your son,” April said. “Don’t you want your first cuddle?” April questioned, April herself happy to hold her new son all day, but of course she wanted James to bond too.

“I do....I will, but,” James shrugged. “I....he’s so small and I don’t want to hurt him,” James answered.”And I....I’ve never held a baby before.”

“Yes you have,” April screwed her face up. “You held baby Finn all the time.”

“He was like 4 months old when we started dating,” James exhaled, running one hand over his other. “This guy is brand new,” James cupped his head again. “Like....I dunno, not even an hour old.”

“And he still hasn’t had a hug from his daddy,” April exhaled. “Baby, you’ll be gentle. I promise it’s an instinct when you are holding a baby.” April spoke with a comfort in her tone and James took a deep breath as he gave a little nod. He looked down to his son before taking him from April, a rather large smile etching on his face as he stared down at his son.

“Wow it’s.....I.....” James was gobsmacked. “Hey baby.”

“I know its amazing isn’t it?” April questioned as James gave a little nod. “Now, we need to get a name for this little peanut.” April said, James once again nodding in reply as his eyes were glued to his son.

Ruby and Evan were giving the kids their breakfast, the three of them arguing over what they wanted to do that day. Ruby watched, smiling as Kobe was arguing with Daniel and Georgia, just like any normal brother would. “Okay okay,” Ruby put down Daniel’s bowl of weet-bix before sitting down at the table with the others. “The noise level is getting a bit too loud.” Ruby said, holding her hands out so the kids would calm down a bit.

“Well,” Daniel sighed. “Kobe wants to swim and I want to skate and Georgia wants to go scuba diving.” Daniel banged his hand off his leg in frustration.

“Scuba diving?” Evan laughed as he ruffled Georgia’s hair, Georgia giggling at him. “That’s a bit of a funny request.

“I see fisheses.” Georgia told him.

“Maybe you just want to snorkel,” Evan laughed. “Well anyways kids I thought that we could go to the zoo today,” Evan told them, all three kids’ face lighting up at the idea. “Know you love the animals Kobe.”

“And me,” Georgia held her hands up in the air. “I like Koala’s.”

“Could we hold spiders?” Daniel wondered and Ruby gave a little shiver, not liking that idea.

“Evan can take you in if you want to do that.” Ruby said.

“No,” Georgia squealed. “No spiders.” Georgia shook her head before taking a bite of her toast.

“I think I’d do it,” Kobe said. “Maybe if Daniel and you was there with me.” Kobe said, looking to Ruby.

“See Rubes, you need to come into the spider house. You’re little brother needs you there for him.” Evan said and Ruby glared at him before looking back to the boys.

“Well we’ll see about the holding the spider part,” Ruby scrunched her face up. “But Evan is going to buy you all a treat from the gift shop.” Ruby said and the all cheered.

“I am?” Even questioned and Ruby nodded as she gave him a cheeky grin. “Well we’ll get breakfast eaten then head off huh?” Evan questioned and the kids nodded before they started to eat quickly, wanting to get to the zoo.

“I really want to go and see the baby,” Ruby pouted sadly. “I guess we can go tonight though, right?” Ruby questioned. “I’m sure Bianca, Olive and Irene will keep them busy this morning and this afternoon anyways.” Ruby said, not wanting to overwhelm them with too many visitors at once.

“Yeah,” Evan nodded. “Although I don’t know if she’d appreciated the 5 of us turning up.” Evan said, his eyebrows raising a little.

“Well you can stay here with the kids and I’ll go alone.” Ruby said, giving him a cheeky grin before taking a drink of her juice.

“Hey, I’m the boy’s uncle.” Evan’s voice was a little squeaky.

“And I’m as good as his aunty,” Ruby replied. “April is my best friend and I’m Finn’s godmother, so you know,” Ruby widened her eyes. “I’m family, technically.”

Evan gave a little laugh before taking a drink of his orange juice. “Let’s just go to the zoo then see if they are up for visitors later.” Evan said before making a start to eating his breakfast, laughing at the sight of the kids wolfing their food down, the three of them obviously very excited for going to the zoo.

Charlie and Brax were at the airport, waiting to board the plane. “Mrs Braxton.” Brax grinned as he handed his wife her morning coffee.

“Why thank you sweet husband of mine,” Charlie replied, taking the cup in her hand and taking a drink. “Is it too early to want to phone the kids?” Charlie questioned.

Brax exhaled as he looked to his watch. “Nah it’s going on for 10am.”

Charlie stifled a laugh. “I meant because we’ve not even been gone a day yet. Not even left the country yet,” Charlie said. “Maybe we should wait till we are in the Maldives at least.”

“Ah,” Brax laughed at his mistake. “Yeah, we should wait a little more.” Brax told her. “Besides we are on our honeymoon. We shouldn’t be thinking about the kids.”

Charlie cocked her head to the side. “The moment you become a parent that’s it,” Charlie said. “You pretty much always have your kids on your mind. Especially when you are not with them.”

“Yeah I guess you are right,” Brax murmured. “Although they certainly weren’t on my mind last night,” Brax gave a suggestive grin as he raised his eyebrows. “At least not any that we already have.” Brax said, resting his hand on her stomach. Charlie just shook her head lightly before taking a drink of her coffee.

“This is decaf isn’t it?” Charlie questioned and Brax gave a little nod.

“Just thought I should be safe.” Brax told her, of course his mind already on her getting pregnant.

Charlie rolled her eyes. “Do not start with that already.”

“With what?” Brax questioned.

“Telling me what I can and cannot have,” Charlie replied. “You were the very same when we were trying last time,” Charlie told him. “No coffee, no alcohol, no seafood or heavy lifting,” Charlie shook her head. “Until that little stick tells me I am pregnant you don’t get any say in what I do.” Charlie sighed.

“Well what if it happened last night?” Brax questioned, his hand rolling his wedding band around his finger.

“I don’t think it would have.” Charlie answered.

“Well it could have,” Brax said. “We weren’t even trying and you got pregnant with Georgia and the twins were our first try,” Brax exhaled. “Ruby and Daniel were both onetime conceptions too,” Brax said, taking her hand in his and giving it a squeeze. “Seems you are pretty fertile.” Brax laughed.

“Well maybe but,” Charlie pursed her lips. “I still want to enjoy this honeymoon. I want cocktails on the beach and champagne bathtubs with you,” Charlie told him. “I know you are excited for trying again but please don’t go all crazy on me just yet,” Charlie said. “It will probably just add to the pressure.” Charlie mumbled. Brax exhaled lightly as he gave a little nod.

“I promise I’ll try my best not to.” Brax said before leaning forward and sharing a kiss with his wife.

Thank you CharlieAndBraxLover, Kristen and Sarah for the comments.

sixty

Finn ran down the corridor holding the little lion teddy tightly in his grasp. Bianca and Kaya were walking behind Finn, Kaya holding a bunch of flowers for her Aunty April, Bianca, Kaya and Finn having made a quick stop at the gift shop before going to see April and the baby. “Finn,” Bianca shouted on her nephew. “This room buddy.”

Finn ran back to the room Bianca was pointing at and stood on his tip toes, reaching for the door handle. “Bee.” Finn jumped in frustration.

“Yeah yeah.” Bianca opened the door and Finn went bursting into the room, glad to see his mother after being away from her all night.

“Mummy.” Finn beamed as he ran over and climbed up onto April’s bed, quickly snuggling into her.

“Hey sweetie.” April kissed his head as she wrapped an arm around him.

“I missed you,” Finn said before holding the lion teddy up to her. “I got this for my baby.” Finn told her, a little grin on his face.

“Aww it’s lovely,” April took the little lion teddy in her hands. “And it’ll match in with the nursery huh?” April questioned, the nursery being safari themed.

“And we got you these.” Kaya said holding out the flowers for April to see.

“Ah they are gorgeous thank you.” April smiled as James took the flowers from Kaya, laying them on the bedside table for now.

“Well I will get away for now,” Olive said, handing the baby back to April, Finn gasping as he stared down at his new brother. “See you late darling.” Olive placed a kiss on April’s cheek.

“Bye. Thanks for coming.” April said, Olive giving her a smile as she waved goodbye to Finn, but he was too engrossed in looking at his baby brother.

“I’ll be right back.” James said, leaving the room with his Grams for a moment.

“April,” Bianca put her hand on her chest as she exhaled. “He is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations,” Bianca brought her hand down and gently ran it across his little forehead. “He got a name yet?” Bianca questioned and April gave a little nod.

“This is Leo James King.” April said, not able to take her eyes off her elder son as he stared at Leo, Finn having not yet blinked the whole time he’s been staring.

“Leo,” Bianca gave a little smile. “What do you think of your new brother bud?” Bianca questioned.

“I wish he was a sister but I like him still.” Finn said as he gently rubbed Leo’s cheek.

“What do you think Kaya?” April said, looking up to her niece.

“He’s so small,” Kaya said before looking back to her mother. “When will I get a baby brother?”

Bianca widened her eyes, looking alarmed. “I thought you didn’t want me to have another baby?” Bianca questioned.

“Well I didn’t,” Kaya shook her head. “But lots of my friends have baby brothers and sisters and I want one now.” Kaya answered.

“Well I don’t know if I am going to have any more children,” Bianca told her. “We’ll just need to wait and see,” Bianca said, glancing back down at her nephew, having to admit seeing the brand new baby did make her feel a little clucky. “But right now I just want to give my little nephew a hug.” Bianca said, taking Leo from April’s arms, placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

Ruby, Evan and the kids were taking a break from looking at the animals and having some lunch in the restaurant at the zoo. Kobe, Daniel and Georgia were busy colouring on the drawings they were given upon entering the restaurant. Kobe reached for the brown crayon before he coloured the dog in his picture. “Can I keep this picture, Ruby?” Kobe questioned, looking up to his sort of sister.

“Of course you can,” Ruby answered. “We can take all three of them home.” Ruby said, Georgia reaching for the pink crayon, giving a grin at the news they could take their pictures with them.

“Good,” Kobe smiled. “I want to give this to mummy and daddy.” Kobe said before sticking his tongue out in concentration as he coloured the dog’s tail, trying carefully not to go out the lines.

“Ah yeah they’ll love that,” Evan smiled as he looked to the picture. “You’re doing a great job of it.”

Kobe looked a little shyly at Evan before looking back to Ruby. “Ruby can we please phone mummy?” Kobe questioned. “I miss her already.”

Ruby glanced at her phone, checking the time. Although she knew she couldn’t call them yet, she wanted to make it look like she was checking for Kobe’s sake. “They are still in the plane,” Ruby told him. “I’m sure they’ll call to let us know they arrived safety.”

“How long does it take to get there?” Daniel questioned.

“Uhm like 11, 12 hours,” Ruby gave a little shrug. “A long time.”

“All that time on the plane?” Kobe questioned and Ruby gave a little nod.

“I be’d a plane,” Georgia threw her hands up in the air, letting the pink crayon go flying from her grasp and landing on the floor a few feet away. “In Bawi.”

“I’ve never been on a plane.” Kobe sighed.

“We were on a plane when we went to Bali before you came to live with us,” Daniel pretty much repeated what Georgia said. “It was cool. Maybe when mum and dad get back from the honeymoon they can take us on a plane again. The school holidays are nearly here.” Daniel said, grinning.

“Yeah,” Georgia screeched, liking the idea. “I go Bawi.”

“I think mum and dad have paid enough lately,” Ruby said. “We had that holiday to Bali then they had the wedding and honeymoon to pay for,” Ruby exhaled. “And Christmas is coming up so they’ll be spending a lot.”

“No no,” Georgia shook her head. “Santa does Christmas.”

“Yeah Rubes, jeez,” Evan rolled his eyes. “Santa does Christmas.” Evan said, Georgia looking at him as she giggled.

“Well,” Daniel exhaled. “We can still have a holiday too. It can be my present.” Daniel said, Ruby noticing Daniel still looked mad he didn’t get to go to the Maldives with his parents.

“I thought you wanted an Xbox?” Ruby questioned.

“Well....that too.” Daniel gave a little shrug.

“What do you want for Christmas bud?” Evan nudged Kobe, who was still concentrating hard on his picture.

Kobe gave a little shrug. “Santa doesn’t really come to me,” Kobe answered. “I’m too naughty for presents. Daddy Brian said so.” Kobe sighed, looking down sadly.

“Well I think this year might be a bit different for you bud.” Evan exhaled, feeling his heart tugging. There wasn’t a naughty bone in Kobe’s body and he was glad that he’d been lucky enough to find Charlie and Brax to care for him and love him like one of their own.

Charlie looked down to her phone as it beeped. She saw she’d gotten a picture message from Ruby and opened it up to see a picture of them all at the zoo. Daniel and Kobe were both holding spiders as Ruby, Georgia and Evan had a snake between the three of them. Charlie gave a little shudder, thinking rather them than her holding them. “What’s that?” Brax questioned.

Charlie handed him her phone, Brax smiling down at the picture. “First day we are gone and she’s taken them to the zoo,” Brax said. “Going to be a fun two weeks then eh.” Brax handed the phone back to Charlie.

“Well they have school still,” Charlie answered. “So, I guess just at the weekends,” Charlie threw her phone down on the chair as she looked up at her husband. “Think we should phone them?” Charlie questioned. “Let them know we’ve arrived safe?”

“We can do,” Brax answered taking his phone from his pocket. “I guess you’ll want to use my phone for that though?” Brax gave a little laugh, handing it out for his wife to take.

“Of course,” Charlie laughed. “Although it doesn’t make a difference which phone we use. The money comes out of the same account,” Charlie mumbled. “Will be nice to hear if April’s had the baby yet.” Charlie said and Brax gave a little nod.

“Hopefully she has,” Brax answered. “So anyways, let’s get these kids phoned then we can take a nice long bubble bath together.” Brax said, wrapping his arms around Charlie’s waist and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“With champagne?” Charlie questioned.

“And chocolate covered strawberries,” Brax spoke as he nodded his head at her question. “And tomorrow we can go out on that balcony and just slip into the ocean,” Brax spoke with an excited grin on his face.

“Mmm I can’t wait.” Charlie grinned.

“Well we can always cancel that bath and go for a little skinny dip?” Brax questioned, his eyebrows raising.

“Mmm uh-uh,” Charlie shook her head. “You go start to run that bath and I’ll get his phone call started.” Charlie said, Brax doing as he was told and walked off to the bathroom as Charlie called home.

Archived