Chilling facts

CaptainHulk

They haven't had any people of other religions, except for Catholocism and Christianity...

There has never been any songs by widely popular artists like One Direction, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, Katy Perry etc played in the show.

Ailsa's ghost probably haunts the Bayside Diner.

Leah is Greek Orthodox.

Popular artists have aired in the show. Greek Orthodox is a sub-section of Christianity.

Fair enough, but I still think it counts as religious diversity - the church she'd go to would be different to the Catholics & Anglicans in the bay.

Jack Wilson was Muslim wasn't he? He spoke about the Quran.

Yes I agree. For what it's worth I'm Greek Orthodox myself albeit a non-practising one so there are some differences to Catholics and Anglicans.

I can't remember if Jack was a Muslim. If he spoke about the Quran it's very likely he was or he considered becoming a part of the religion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be right but I seem to remember he was teetotal on religious grounds.There are some branches of Christianity that believe that, although not Catholics or Anglicans which seem to be the two most common branches on the show, but it's more commonly associated with Muslims.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hidden Content

That is annoying and it happens quite a lot. Now I'll play "back in the olden days" record, but really there were many successful pregnancies back then(Pippa's, Roo's, Ailsa's, Sophie's) 2 of the babies were allowed to grow up in Summer Bay and they're only year apart. Unbelievable.

• 4 weeks later...

On the day some characters leave the bay they get killed. Like Charlie and

Hidden Content

like Beth, who did go to Europe but died in a car crash on the way back. On the same day her grandson was born.

as well as Dr Charlotte Adams in 2002. I found all their deaths really pointless and unnecessary. They went to the effort of having exit stories for these characters and then threw them away with last minute killings. 

Archived