Characters who stayed too long.

j.laur5

Disagree with Neville and Floss, Floss moreso. They were a bit Panto, in all honesty but they were a half decent Comedy Act, we needed them as with Lance and Martin to break up the episodes which end with Carly crying on her bed, Bobby pissed at the world and Alf/Don doing their blocks over what the teens will do. They represented the family feel of the first season,

Floss had a good rapport with Sally, Frank et al. I guess after the Scott storyline, they ceased their purpose but it was a really crappy way they got booted. Axed and not even told about it, Frank Lloyd and Sheila Kennelly had to READ about it in TV Week (which was totally gutless of the producers)

Yes I think Floss and Neville's stint was rather short for my liking. I wasn't overly fond of Neville but didn't mind him but Floss was a brilliant character and could have been utilised far better during the years she was a regular!

I was sad to see them axed as I thought Floss and Neville could have been long-term and memorable characters with good writing and strong storylines along the way.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree that Brax has stayed too long, even though I loved him when he first arrived. The river boys were a great storyline and a big success, but it feels like the end of the line, with heath and Casey gone, it feels like extra family members are being brought in to drag out their existence and I think they should wrap it up and move on. Maybe if Brax just settled in as a normal member of the community, reformed ex-gangster then it would be interesting to see where they took his character.

I also agree with Sam and Donald. I can't think of anymore, but if anyone starts a thread about characters who went too quickly then I could think of plenty!

Leah have stayed for 15 years, what´s wrong with Brax staying on the show for many years to?

I have to agree that Brax has stayed too long, even though I loved him when he first arrived. The river boys were a great storyline and a big success, but it feels like the end of the line, with heath and Casey gone, it feels like extra family members are being brought in to drag out their existence and I think they should wrap it up and move on. Maybe if Brax just settled in as a normal member of the community, reformed ex-gangster then it would be interesting to see where they took his character.

I also agree with Sam and Donald. I can't think of anymore, but if anyone starts a thread about characters who went too quickly then I could think of plenty!

Leah have stayed for 15 years, what´s wrong with Brax staying on the show for many years to?

A number of things, More gangster stuff, More undiscovered Braxton progeny (Danny confirmed to have put it about and Cheryl not being much better). He's done more in 3.9yrs than any other soap character in 10yrs.

If Brax stays longer I'm afraid his character will become stale and storylines will be repeated again. He became popular because he's been portrayed as a family man who would do anything for his family- however his family is not here anymore. As there is always drama on the show I can't see the writers make him settle down as his character would become boring. I'm Brax's fan but I think that 4 years on the show is enough, I'm afraid if he stays longer he'll be stripped if his identity. It's better for him to exit at his high. Leah might be on the show for a long time but I can't remember the last time she had decent storyline, in the last few years she's been more like supporting character.

If Brax stays longer I'm afraid his character will become stale and storylines will be repeated again. He became popular because he's been portrayed as a family man who would do anything for his family- however his family is not here anymore. As there is always drama on the show I can't see the writers make him settle down as his character would become boring. I'm Brax's fan but I think that 4 years on the show is enough, I'm afraid if he stays longer he'll be stripped if his identity. It's better for him to exit at his high. Leah might be on the show for a long time but I can't remember the last time she had decent storyline, in the last few years she's been more like supporting character.

I felt the same way about Izzy about Neighbours - her character was brilliant, but she became a bit stale and almost panto in her final year (although that was partly due to the direction Neighbours was heading).

The writers could not have someone like Brax as a supporting character without him becoming "boring". You're right about the family too - I thought when the other two left, the Braxtons and gang stuff would eventually go with them, but they've brought in the Barretts, Kyle and Ash to fill their shoes to keep them going :(

A number of things, More gangster stuff, More undiscovered Braxton progeny (Danny confirmed to have put it about and Cheryl not being much better). He's done more in 3.9yrs than any other soap character in 10yrs.

What do you mean by that?

I ment more the 3.9 years, hasn´t it been exactly 4 years since he joined now?

It's exactly four years on February 16 2015! We haven't reached that yet.

Don´t most people just say 4 years once we reached 2015? Did Heath and Casey appear in the same episode as Brax? It´s been so many years i don´t remember

Archived