Belle Taylor Storyline (Mystery from way back)

Guest "All or Nothing"

Surprised we're back to this again, I already explained 6 months ago but I'll explain one final time as it's still being misunderstood...

The storyline was not 'dropped' because of witness protection theories. It had absolutely nothing to do with that. The storyline was just left open-ended like many mysteries in life.

I was saying in my post that I got confirmation that the storyline was indeed finished, just so I could then tell this obsessive person "Yes the storyline is already 100% over, stop with the witness protection theories".

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised we're back to this again, I already explained 6 months ago but I'll explain one final time as it's still being misunderstood...

The storyline was not 'dropped' because of witness protection theories. It had absolutely nothing to do with that. The storyline was just left open-ended like many mysteries in life.

I was saying in my post that I got confirmation that the storyline was indeed finished, just so I could then tell this obsessive person "Yes the storyline is already 100% over, stop with the witness protection theories".

Sorry, I misunderstood you!

But I still think they should have bothered to solve this storyline far better, including Jack's death. And maybe link Belles death to it, when they gave her cancer. It had some potential to be a great storyline, but it wasn't. It's not strange that strange theories were made up when things get that unresolved with such popular characters.

The truth is maybe that they made the storylines to complicated for themselves and decided to drop them. It still happens a lot of times with other storylines too.

Although I agree that there was a lot of plot holes and loose ends with this story, i don't agree that they needed to openly link Belle's cancer storyline to the development, it's kind of a... Well duh... It didn't really need to be said.

I'm torn between accepting that viewers could make the connection themselves and thinking that the writers just thought that that storyline was over and they didn't need to ever acknowledge it happened again.A line about "If it hadn't been for that damn cancer cluster, Belle wouldn't be like this" would have at least meant that we hadn't dreamed in.Maybe the writers were embarrassed by the mess that storyline ended up being.It's not like the promised reduction in cancer cases really happened, we ended up with Romeo dying of cancer a few years later and he was nowhere near Summer Bay before the clean-up, at least with Irene she could have been one of the ones affected beforehand.

When Belle first arrived, Flynn was dying. Then when Belle was dying Romeo came to the bay, then he got sick. Seeing a pattern? Maybe the cut did lead to her death, like Shane's injury and death (same place Belle got married). Didn't Liam return to make up with her?

Actually, Belle died a month before Romeo turned up.Liam did come back in her last episode but he was a bit in and out during that period, he left again in the next episode.

.The storyline was just left open-ended like many mysteries in life.

Do we honestly believe this was the intention/reason though?

When script producers sit down and have meetings and plan their storylines from beginning to end, do they go into detail about who is involved in the storyline, what will happen, how it will develop, and then say "and then, suddenly, it's going to end with no on-screen explanation and no further references. I think it is important we reflect that in real life, sometimes things don't get solved." Do we really think this happened? Any writer worth his salt gets invested in storylines and characters, they don't come up with a storyline with the intention of not seeing it through. It would be as unsatisfying for them as it would be for the viewer.

Isn't it more likely, that "we left it open ended like many mysteries in life" was simply a rather easy response to make when fans rightly questioned why the story was dropped?

.The storyline was just left open-ended like many mysteries in life.

Isn't it more likely, that "we left it open ended like many mysteries in life" was simply a rather easy response to make when fans rightly questioned why the story was dropped?

I certainly think that is the more likely scenario.

Archived