Do you watch old episodes continuously?

Guest marcosb

I was thinking of watching 2011 episodes again as I missed a good few episodes during that period, maybe 1 or 2 episodes a day, I am wondering if it may cause confusion with current day storylines when you are dipping in and out between years if that makes sense because most of the characters are the same, do you do it?

Yeah why not?

I'm currently watching at 2013 pace, mid-1990 episodes, and hope to start recording and watching the 2000 season episodes once I get a TV signal set up.

I think it shouldn't cause too much confusion if you are watching episodes from both separate eras simultaneously.

2011 isn't really a different era to be fair, The Braxton's arrived in February 2011. Are the 2000 episodes on Five* a permanent thing?

Yeah I'm watching 88 eps online (although currently taking a hiatus due to my ISP getting heavy on me about me exceeding my fair use policy) and 2000 eps on 5*, although I haven't watched new eps for several years. I haven't found much confusion watching 88 and 00, although only 5 characters appear in both (Alf, Ailsa, Don, Sally and Coleen) and all were in one way or another revisiting their past in the first weeks of 5*s early eps. Since I've not watched them I'm not sure if 2011 and 2013 eps might be too close together though and cause a little confussion, with all the Braxton complications I've heard about and whatnot.

No I don't but I do maintain an archive of the episodes shown on 7Two here in Oz.

I do watch episodes from time to time so that I understand the connections between the early episodes of the show and current episodes. I began watching the show in the early 90's.

Yes I do watch old episodes along with the current ones being aired in Australia at the moment.

Since New Years Day this year, I began my marathon of episodes starting from the pilot in 1988. At the moment I'm currently up to Episode 571 which aired in 1990. I've been a little busy with work commitments lately so my rate of watching episodes every night has dropped slightly. Hopefully I can start watching them tonight again.

I'm currently watching 1990, 2000 and 2009. It's no more confusing than watching 3 different soaps, but that might be because there are so few characters who are in all of the different eras. That said, if the storylines are strong enough, I don't think it is too difficult to keep track.

Archived