Chris Harrington - Johnny Ruffo

While I'm glad that Chris is sticking around, I think they need to do more with him.He needs to be more than the funny guy who stands around in the Diner making silly comments and putting his foot in it.He's lost a lot of his connections to other characters, and when they do seem to be building ties it gets forgotten about very quickly (for about two episodes, they seemed to be building a surrogate brother/sister thing between him and Maddy, then it got dropped completely).While it has given him a reason to interact with other characters, I think more should have been made of his relationship with Hannah; instead, they dropped out of focus once they'd got together (and hopefully he's not just a stop gap until a reunion with Andy).One that needs more attention.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Little bean said:

Not just me then! :wink:

Nope, certainly not just you.  I can't stand Chis.  Absolutely loathe him.  The term I often use when describing him is an oxygen thief.  Because that's what he is.  I honestly wish one of the other characters would just punch him in the face.  I'm a UK viewer and am only following at UK pace but I struggle to understand what Hannah could possibly see in him.  It sure as hell can't be his idiot personality so must be his looks and that would make sense as she's always been pretty shallow.  His only purpose is a support character and he's not even good at that.  I always wonder when he's going to stop being annoying and the only time when that happens is when he's reduced to making cameo appearances in certain episodes.  But anytime he features significantly he goes right back to being a cretin.  Recent examples (again at UK pace) are when he told Kat about Nate sleeping with Ricky and ruined the secret for Maddy's surprise party.

• 1 year later...
On 26 December 2015 at 08:54, omega_tango said:

Digital Spy have just announced that Johnny has recently signed a new long term contract and will be staying with the show for the foreseeable future and he's hoping to even be something like the next 'Irene or Alf!.

That turned out to be a misleading headline, with the benefit of hindsight.

Chris remained on the show for only nine months after this news had come to light.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Funny how Chris never had a male friend other the Nate  . 

Chris barely ever had screen time with any of the younger males exept for when he was fighting’s with Andy over Hannah

Chris was very underused and left the Bay pretty unnoticed but in  fairness lots of characters leave unnoticed.

On December 19, 2017 at 01:55, Jezz said:

That turned out to be a misleading headline, with the benefit of hindsight.

Chris remained on the show for only nine months after this news had come to light.

I see a lot of articles like that where people are quoted as wanting to be on the show for a long time with no plans to leave then they announce there leaving, I think she show misses a Chris like character at the minute someone that can provide a little light relief every now and then, he was a very underused character imo possibly only really brought in to help develop more of the back story for Spencer, It's a shame because I kinder liked him when he first came in and his relationship with Indi, he seemed to arrive in the show as a completely different character to who they turned him into I seem to remember his early scenes being in the gym and walking around with his shirt off and it were like the writers completly changed their mind and made him into a bit of a laughing stock of the bay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...