Scored music.

Guest Light of the Bay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

@

@stevenlamurrayhalf of the music is composed underscore in fact our composers have been on the show for 25years.

— Lucy Addario (@lucyaddario)

April 18, 2013

I asked Lucy Addario about the use of underscores on twitter and she says that the composers have been around for the entire history of the show? I'm surprised!!

The Perjanik name has - but Mike, the original composer left in 2003. I think these days, or the last time there was an interview (2008?) Mike said that he does oversee underscores from time to time, I presume he meant special occasions like Sally's departure.

But the composers who work on the show now have been producing the music since 2004. Nick Perjanik (Mike's son) and Steve Ball. So either they were the ones who decided to go down the current route musically, or it was the current producers who asked them to change the style.

It is hard to imagine that the current music is produced by the same people who came up with 'Flynn's Spirit'. The theme used for Flynn's death in 2006. Although it's possible Mike Perjanik stepped in to compose that piece.

Archived