Home and Away on Dvd?!

Guest --HAA

Since they started showing the Early Years I think the call for DVDs has gone down quite a lot. It makes sense too, I'm sure it's cheaper for them to rerun classic episodes and those who want to record and keep them can do so, than go to the expense of releasing dvds for which sales might not be successful.

Yeah, I'm happy enough this way. Not quite the quality of a released version, but what, we're almost a guaranteed 750 episodes into the series. They may have backed themselves into a corner, where the sales would be poor because people who would have have bought won't part $40 for 40 episodes they've already got.

Since they started showing the Early Years I think the call for DVDs has gone down quite a lot. It makes sense too, I'm sure it's cheaper for them to rerun classic episodes and those who want to record and keep them can do so, than go to the expense of releasing dvds for which sales might not be successful.

Oh! I didnt think of it like that.

So are they playing home and away on tv from the beggining now right through? What channel/day/time are those eppisodes on if you dont mind me asking? :D

It's been showing since November 2009 on the Australian digital channel 7TWO (weekdays at 9am), discussion for which you'll find in our Bayside Diner forum.

Seven have said previously that it will never be possible to release the show on DVD - bearing in mind they also said that it wouldn't be possible to repeat the early years, of which we're now into the 4th year of the show on 7TWO.

It's been showing since November 2009 on the Australian digital channel 7TWO (weekdays at 9am), discussion for which you'll find in our Bayside Diner forum.

Seven have said previously that it will never be possible to release the show on DVD - bearing in mind they also said that it wouldn't be possible to repeat the early years, of which we're now into the 4th year of the show on 7TWO.

Wow, thankyou so much for telling me this. :D

I think if they are ever going to release the show on DVD it should just be a 'best of'. 10 episodes from each year would be great.

I don't think the Neighbours realse 'From the Begining' will continue, there might be another release but I can't see it going on and on, people loose interest.

The way forward Imo, is for shows like H&A and Neighbours to be released season by season over the internet via an iTunes sort of system, where you can download a broadcast/DVD quality episode for $1.50 or something. I would certainly download episodes that way and people could get to pick and choose which episodes they wanted.

The way forward Imo, is for shows like H&A and Neighbours to be released season by season over the internet via an iTunes sort of system, where you can download a broadcast/DVD quality episode for $1.50 or something. I would certainly download episodes that way and people could get to pick and choose which episodes they wanted.

That is a very good idea!! I wish they did that!!

Archived