Bringing Nicolle Dickson (Bobby) Back to Summer Bay

Guest JimRRR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicolle was in Australian Celebrity Survivor (or whatever it was called) a couple of years back.

It would be awesome to have her back as another different character. I wonder if she'd jump at the opportunity to play someone new?

Since the 25th anniversary is coming up, this would a great idea to have her play someone knew....She is also 25 years older.

But Alf would recognise her! :lol:

And Marilyn, Irene, Roo and not to mention her mother!! I am not a fan at all of bringing people back to play different characters especially when the actress was one of the most iconic in the show's history. It only just worked with Laurie Foell's Angie and Josie and even that was stretching the bounds of realism to the max

Nicolle was in Australian Celebrity Survivor (or whatever it was called) a couple of years back.

It would be awesome to have her back as another different character. I wonder if she'd jump at the opportunity to play someone new?

Since the 25th anniversary is coming up, this would a great idea to have her play someone knew....She is also 25 years older.

Yes. but she would not be Bobby....She would be someone new

And Marilyn, Irene, Roo and not to mention her mother!! I am not a fan at all of bringing people back to play different characters especially when the actress was one of the most iconic in the show's history. It only just worked with Laurie Foell's Angie and Josie and even that was stretching the bounds of realism to the max

they do it all the time on the US soaps. There also have been times when, after only a year or two of leaving the show, the actor and actress come back looking exactly the same, but they are now playing someone else.

H&A isnt a cheesy American daytime soap and certainly doesnt need to go down that route!! H&A is very proud of its history and has acknowledged Bobby in flashbacks over the years and to do that would be absolutely ridiculous

I seem to remember Neighbours brought back the actress who played Kerry as a lookalike some years back and it actually worked quite well.It's not entirely unprecedented in HA, I remember them having Curtis walk off into the sunset with a double of his dead girlfriend.It could go badly wrong but it's an interesting idea and not necessarily one I'd dismiss out of hand.

H&A isnt a cheesy American daytime soap and certainly doesnt need to go down that route!! H&A is very proud of its history and has acknowledged Bobby in flashbacks over the years and to do that would be absolutely ridiculous

"Home and Away" is in a class by itself and rightly so. The legacy of the show is pretty amazing, which is why, right now, I'm using my free time to watch the "H&A" retrospetive on TV5. It has introduced me to several characters I never saw before including Bobby, Sally, Pippa, Lance, Fisher, Shane, Angel, Gypsy, Adam.....It provides me with background on the show's orgins, plots and characters, long before I started watching 9 months ago.

So yes, I'm hooked.

As for Nicolle returning, I think it's a great idea to bring her back for the 25th Anniversary. The actress is now in her 40's and Bobby, from what I've seen, has been off the show for 20 years.

As for the American soaps being cheesy, well, I'd say ridiculous is a better word. They are fun even when they bring back characters from the dead as ghosts ("Home and Away" does this, from what I've read) or bring back popular actors playing different roles. But they hardly mirror real life or respect the show's history.

And that is why they will soon be off the air for good.

In addition to "Home and Away," I also watch "Coronation Street," "Hollyoaks" and "Eastenders."

PSL Check out my Blog/ review of "Home and AwaY.'

I seem to remember Neighbours brought back the actress who played Kerry as a lookalike some years back and it actually worked quite well.It's not entirely unprecedented in HA, I remember them having Curtis walk off into the sunset with a double of his dead girlfriend.It could go badly wrong but it's an interesting idea and not necessarily one I'd dismiss out of hand.

I have never seen "Neighbours" except for a few clips here and there.

Back to "H&A," I'm sure the writers have big plans for the big 25th Anniversary show.

I would love to see Nicolle again.

But prior to the retrospective, I never heard of her.

My first "Home and Away" episode was 3 days before Charlie's death.

I also checked out Romeo and Indie's Hawaii wedding back in March.

The one issue I think any TV programme needs to avoid though is to try and put any decision before that of a storyling perspective.

Look at celebrity cameos. Usually clunky, with dodgy acting. Why? Any decent writers doesn't wake up in the morning and say you know what would be really good. If Hayley bumps into Lleyton Hewitt as she exits the diner etc.

And here again, you'd be putting the cart before the horse ie. Get Nicolle Dickson into the show, then come up with a reason for her being there.

The one issue I think any TV programme needs to avoid though is to try and put any decision before that of a storyling perspective.

Look at celebrity cameos. Usually clunky, with dodgy acting. Why? Any decent writers doesn't wake up in the morning and say you know what would be really good. If Hayley bumps into Lleyton Hewitt as she exits the diner etc.

And here again, you'd be putting the cart before the horse ie. Get Nicolle Dickson into the show, then come up with a reason for her being there.

I wonder if they would acknowledge that she looks, sounds and acts very similar to Bobby? Or would they completely ignore it.

I think it can work with lesser known characters from the distant past but someone so iconic as Bobby - I'm not sure. I'm swinging more to the side of disliking the idea, but I'm not 100% oppose it, for other actors/lesser known characters.

I actually enjoyed the Kerry look-a-like story in Neighbours, but I think it's because the 'look-a-like' was part of the storyline - they acknowledged it on screen, they even had a flashback to Kerry as Harold looked at Gabrielle (played by the same actor as Kerry) in shock at the similarity.

I like what you have to say.

In the American soaps, the celebrity cameos are both clunky, staged and just ridiculous.

Back to Nicolle, I think it would be great to bring her back to "Home and Away." But only if it's something worthy of her talents.

To have her appear at Angelo's for 10 seconds would be pretty lame. The producers needs to give her something important to do.

By the way, should I give "Neighbours" a spin?

Archived