Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JimRRR

Bringing Nicolle Dickson (Bobby) Back to Summer Bay

Not just Nicolle but I feel that when someone leaves a soap and their character is not killed off, they should be gone and stay gone. It gets too much when soaps bring back old characters. Move forward not back.

I can't say I agree with this. If the returning character is well written, I welcome them back. If Marilyn had not returned in 1995 the show would have missed her Imo Also the likes of Irene's kids never returning is what helps to make the character shallow and inconsistent these days. What about Stephen returning in 1995? I think it was really successful and I liked him even more.

There are moments that I do remember from watching in the 90's but the biggest memory I have was Stephen's return in 95. Was a fan back then and he still is one of my favourite H&A characters. So I like when certain characters return for a long stint (and as a sidenote Stephen returning again would be wonderful to see).

But then I see the other side of the debate because recently a return generally means chaos. If a popular couple gets a good/great exit story then what is the point of bringing one back and ruining that? Splitting up Will & Gypsy and then ending up bringing both back at different stages was foolish on the shows part and was only done because the actress finally agreed to come back for a while. Kind of puts me off seeing old characters return.

There are moments that I do remember from watching in the 90's but the biggest memory I have was Stephen's return in 95. Was a fan back then and he still is one of my favourite H&A characters. So I like when certain characters return for a long stint (and as a sidenote Stephen returning again would be wonderful to see).

But then I see the other side of the debate because recently a return generally means chaos. If a popular couple gets a good/great exit story then what is the point of bringing one back and ruining that? Splitting up Will & Gypsy and then ending up bringing both back at different stages was foolish on the shows part and was only done because the actress finally agreed to come back for a while. Kind of puts me off seeing old characters return.

And then putting him in prison for murder and see that he was prepared to watch Alf go down for it! And then not mention him since. Not even have Irene go and visit him now and then. Nice one writers! Quality storytelling. Really classy character work. NOT

And then putting him in prison for murder and see that he was prepared to watch Alf go down for it! And then not mention him since. Not even have Irene go and visit him now and then. Nice one writers! Quality storytelling. Really classy character work. NOT.

Just don't get my started on Fisher's 2007 return.

Urgh, just thinking about all those characters who have been brought back and ruined (Chloe, Fisher, Will, Gypsy, Kirsty, Kane, Jesse to a certain extent, etc...) makes me glad they did kill Bobby off so she couldn't come back. Perhaps killing the awesome characters is a blessing in disguise?

I finally saw the episode when Bobby died. For me its the music that kills me at the end of the episode. Even though it had been 20 years a tiny part of me just wanted her to wake up. HOWEVER the freeze at the end of the episode should have gone to her and not the trucker who had cheated on her. (Rant over)

Urgh, just thinking about all those characters who have been brought back and ruined (Chloe, Fisher, Will, Gypsy, Kirsty, Kane, Jesse to a certain extent, etc...) makes me glad they did kill Bobby off so she couldn't come back. Perhaps killing the awesome characters is a blessing in disguise?

Fisher could still be repaired, but I wonder if Norman got so upset with his last stint that he doesn't want to come back. I mean after he left he would appear almost every year for a few episodes, but after his poor return there's been 6 years and there are no news about him returning in the near future.

I finally saw the episode when Bobby died. For me its the music that kills me at the end of the episode. Even though it had been 20 years a tiny part of me just wanted her to wake up. HOWEVER the freeze at the end of the episode should have gone to her and not the trucker who had cheated on her. (Rant over)

Finally someone else dislikes Greg. He played so caring father and Bobby was right not to trust him originaly considering he abandoned Sam after her death. As for the episode I have seen last clip several times, Bobby's theme suits there perfectly, and I decided not to watch full episode neither that clip until it airs on 7TWO so that I could feel strong emotion.