Bringing Nicolle Dickson (Bobby) Back to Summer Bay

Guest JimRRR

The one issue I think any TV programme needs to avoid though is to try and put any decision before that of a storyling perspective.

Look at celebrity cameos. Usually clunky, with dodgy acting. Why? Any decent writers doesn't wake up in the morning and say you know what would be really good. If Hayley bumps into Lleyton Hewitt as she exits the diner etc.

And here again, you'd be putting the cart before the horse ie. Get Nicolle Dickson into the show, then come up with a reason for her being there.

I wonder if they would acknowledge that she looks, sounds and acts very similar to Bobby? Or would they completely ignore it.

I think it can work with lesser known characters from the distant past but someone so iconic as Bobby - I'm not sure. I'm swinging more to the side of disliking the idea, but I'm not 100% oppose it, for other actors/lesser known characters.

I actually enjoyed the Kerry look-a-like story in Neighbours, but I think it's because the 'look-a-like' was part of the storyline - they acknowledged it on screen, they even had a flashback to Kerry as Harold looked at Gabrielle (played by the same actor as Kerry) in shock at the similarity.

I like what you say.

Any word on who is coming back for the 25th Anniversary show?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one issue I think any TV programme needs to avoid though is to try and put any decision before that of a storyling perspective.

Look at celebrity cameos. Usually clunky, with dodgy acting. Why? Any decent writers doesn't wake up in the morning and say you know what would be really good. If Hayley bumps into Lleyton Hewitt as she exits the diner etc.

And here again, you'd be putting the cart before the horse ie. Get Nicolle Dickson into the show, then come up with a reason for her being there.

I wonder if they would acknowledge that she looks, sounds and acts very similar to Bobby? Or would they completely ignore it.

I think it can work with lesser known characters from the distant past but someone so iconic as Bobby - I'm not sure. I'm swinging more to the side of disliking the idea, but I'm not 100% oppose it, for other actors/lesser known characters.

I actually enjoyed the Kerry look-a-like story in Neighbours, but I think it's because the 'look-a-like' was part of the storyline - they acknowledged it on screen, they even had a flashback to Kerry as Harold looked at Gabrielle (played by the same actor as Kerry) in shock at the similarity.

That's kind of what I was saying.There are plenty of actors who've played more than one role in the show, sometimes blatantly so(Vinnie's dad turning up as a tramp who mugged Ruby was one of the more egregious examples), but if they brought Nicolle back I think they would need to acknowledge that the new character looks like Bobby, rather than just casting her as some random and expecting people not to notice.

That's kind of what I was saying.There are plenty of actors who've played more than one role in the show, sometimes blatantly so(Vinnie's dad turning up as a tramp who mugged Ruby was one of the more egregious examples), but if they brought Nicolle back I think they would need to acknowledge that the new character looks like Bobby, rather than just casting her as some random and expecting people not to notice.

Most definately.....They would have to say the character looked like Bobby.

Just caught the episode where Bobby appears to Ailsa.....It was great to see her back as a ghost

unfortunatly Nicolle Dickson has retired from acting and is now an accountant at last report. good to see another Bobby fan around the place :wink:

An accountant....really?

Did not know that.

That explians why there wasn't any acting credits after "Home and Away."

Too bad.....Such a fine actress.

PS: currently watching an episode where someone named Meg is about to die, but wants to see the final sunset.

Episode: 975

It sounds like you are watching the same classic episodes that are currently being broadcast as a retrospective on the UK channel 5. There is a lot of discussion about those episodes here: http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43883

Still watching the TV5 retrospective...Just saw the onec with VJ was born....Vinnie, I see, was played by True Blood's Ryan K

unfortunatly Nicolle Dickson has retired from acting and is now an accountant at last report. good to see another Bobby fan around the place :wink:

An accountant....really?

Did not know that.

PS: currently watching an episode where someone named Meg is about to die, but wants to see the final sunset.

It sounds like you are watching the same classic episodes that are currently being broadcast as a retrospective on the UK channel 5. There is a lot of discussion about those episodes here: http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43883

Still watching the TV5 retrospective...Just saw the onec with VJ was born....Vinnie, I see, was played by True Blood's Ryan K

To most people on here, he is "Home and Away's Ryan K", now acting in True Blood.

An accountant....really?

Did not know that.

To most people on here, he is "Home and Away's Ryan K", now acting in True Blood.

I't's funny to see Ryan on "Home and Away." I never made the connection that he was VJ's father. I also see that he died on the show . Did not know that? I still have over 30 more episodes to see on TV5 including Flynn's death, Sally's farewell to the Bay, among others

• 2 weeks later...

Nicolle was in Australian Celebrity Survivor (or whatever it was called) a couple of years back.

It would be awesome to have her back as another different character. I wonder if she'd jump at the opportunity to play someone new?

I still think she will be part of the show, in one way or another

• 3 weeks later...

Nicolle was in Australian Celebrity Survivor (or whatever it was called) a couple of years back.

It would be awesome to have her back as another different character. I wonder if she'd jump at the opportunity to play someone new?

still wondering if Nicole will be back

• 2 weeks later...

Have they filmmed the January episodes yet?y

• 9 months later...

still wondering if Nicole will be back

I still think they should bring back Nicole.....as someone else

Archived