Bringing Nicolle Dickson (Bobby) Back to Summer Bay

Guest JimRRR

The character of Bobby Simpson, originated by Nicolle Dickson, died on "Home and Away" back in 1993.

I, of course, had never heard of Bobby, until I started watching the TV5 episodes of "Home and Away" last week.

And yes, Dickson's passionate portrayal of Bobby captured my attention immediately in episodes ranging from the 90-minute 1988 premiere to episodes which included, Bobby's discovery of her real parents to others, which included her wedding, her husband's death, her miscarriage, etc. I also saw Bobby back as a ghost in an episode from 1995.

In the States, most often, popular actors whose characters have been "killed off" return to the show as someone brand new. Given the fact that nearly 20 years have passed since Dickson appeared on "Home and Away," couldn't she return as someone else.

This, could be a great idea for the 25th anniversary of "Home and Away."

Also, does she still act?

There wasn't a lot of info on her on various websites.

I'm still hoping that TBTB contact Nicolle for the 25th Anniversary episodes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunatly Nicolle Dickson has retired from acting and is now an accountant at last report. good to see another Bobby fan around the place :wink:

An accountant....really?

Did not know that.

That explians why there wasn't any acting credits after "Home and Away."

Too bad.....Such a fine actress.

PS: currently watching an episode where someone named Meg is about to die, but wants to see the final sunset.

Episode: 975

unfortunatly Nicolle Dickson has retired from acting and is now an accountant at last report. good to see another Bobby fan around the place :wink:

An accountant....really?

Did not know that.

That explians why there wasn't any acting credits after "Home and Away."

Too bad.....Such a fine actress.

PS: currently watching an episode where someone named Meg is about to die, but wants to see the final sunset.

Episode: 975

It sounds like you are watching the same classic episodes that are currently being broadcast as a retrospective on the UK channel 5. There is a lot of discussion about those episodes here: http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43883

As much as I'd love to see Nicolle back (Bobby is one of my all time favorite characters) I really don't think I'd be much of a fan of her playing a completely different character in Home and Away ... I don't know. Maybe it would work. I hate that they decided to kill her off all those years ago (though it was realistic), I've got a feeling Nicolle would probably have returned after a few years break.

She was also on All Saints and some American cop drama back from 2002-2004.

Nicolle was in Australian Celebrity Survivor (or whatever it was called) a couple of years back.

It would be awesome to have her back as another different character. I wonder if she'd jump at the opportunity to play someone new?

Since the 25th anniversary is coming up, this would a great idea to have her play someone knew....She is also 25 years older.

As much as I'd love to see Nicolle back (Bobby is one of my all time favorite characters) I really don't think I'd be much of a fan of her playing a completely different character in Home and Away ... I don't know. Maybe it would work. I hate that they decided to kill her off all those years ago (though it was realistic), I've got a feeling Nicolle would probably have returned after a few years break.

She was also on All Saints and some American cop drama back from 2002-2004.

i did not know about the show in the US...will check it out

Nicolle was in Australian Celebrity Survivor (or whatever it was called) a couple of years back.

It would be awesome to have her back as another different character. I wonder if she'd jump at the opportunity to play someone new?

Since the 25th anniversary is coming up, this would a great idea to have her play someone knew....She is also 25 years older.

But Alf would recognise her! :lol:

Archived