Summer Bay babies who could return

Guest ter06

Given that the reintroduction of Martha as an adult was such a success, I've been thinking about what other babies that were born in the Bay could return and this is what I've come up with. Feel free to add more or stories you think they could come back with!

Christopher Ross - worried that the caravan park is too much for aging Alf to look after Sally asks Christopher to move back to the Bay to look after things. Chris has a huge history in the Bay but given that they made him gay in later years, it's unlikely they'd commit to having a gay character permanently in the Bay

Tamara Simpson - Tamara would be 20 this year and given that her mum, Sophie, has made various return trips throughout the years Tamara would know Alf, Irene, Leah, Morag and Colleen. Tamara could just decide to relocate to the Bay as she was always fond of it growing up

Dunca Stewart - Duncan has a lot of family in the Bay and given his troubled upbringing, it's no surprise he turned out the way he did. Loads of potential for his return.

Paul Roberts - It's fifteen years since Irene gave birth to Paul for her daughter Finlay. A dramatic entrance to life, Paul continues to cause drama after running away from Finlay who now has an abusive boyfriend and turns up at nana Irene's......

I've always thought that Paul returning would be a great opportunity - same with Chris who said he wanted to get to know the bay again.

Shane Parrish is another option who could return for similar reasons with her dad dying there, obviously mum wouldn't return with her, but Dylan could come with her to show her some of the old haunts. I can picture a nice scene at Stewarts Point with Dylan facing his childhood memory of what happened (all the more effective if Corey Glaister returned :P)

I thought of Shane as well when I started this thread but left her out because I thought she'd be too young to return on her own, but I totally forgot about Dylan! It would be great if they came back together!

I think Paul returning would just open up so many more avenues for Irene as well. There was a point when Irene didn't want to give Paul to Finlay and then in typical H&A style once the story was finished, he was never again mentioned! I could see Irene getting really obsessive and paranoid about Paul's safety and wellfare given how he came into the world! Irene's pregnancy and Paul's kidnap was also a pivotal point in Irene's friendship with Marilyn so Marilyn could also be involved in this story. Irene was on such a rollercoaster for the whole time this story lasted, religion played a big part too so there really are endless possibilities here!

Rachel McGregor is somebody else who could return to face past demons! She'd be about 19/20 by now. Her mum died from a heroin dose, her father in prison for killing Chloe, Rachel is a character who would definitely have issues with life!

Some very interesting ideas here, especially Paul who was before my time but would be great potential for Irene.

Christopher Ross - worried that the caravan park is too much for aging Alf to look after Sally asks Christopher to move back to the Bay to look after things. Chris has a huge history in the Bay but given that they made him gay in later years, it's unlikely they'd commit to having a gay character permanently in the Bay

I still do really not get why this is such an issue on H&A, it must be the last soap that dare not have a gay or lesbian character.

OK messages for 6/7:30 audience: Guns, drugs, gang violence, murder, rape, blackmail.

Forbidden messages: Non-heterosexual characters.

Anyway, I've said before it would be really nice to see Chris return as someone to run the caravan park. It would be nice to see him start a family there and perhaps in time begin fostering. It would allow for some of the classic returns like Pippa, Carly, Steven, etc. which wouldn't really make sense at the moment.

I like the idea of Paul Roberts, young Shane Parish and also Rachel McGregor returning to our screens at some stage.

I'd also like to see Chloe's daughter Olivia return and maybe stay with Irene - maybe with or without her Uncle James.

I don't mind if Tamara Simpson does make an appearance so long as they re-cast her character as I wasn't a fan of Sophie Luck. From memory Tamara had a half brother named David Simpson and it would be good if he made a reappearance too.

I like the idea of Paul Roberts, young Shane Parish and also Rachel McGregor returning to our screens at some stage.

I'd also like to see Chloe's daughter Olivia return and maybe stay with Irene - maybe with or without her Uncle James.

I don't mind if Tamara Simpson does make an appearance so long as they re-cast her character as I wasn't a fan of Sophie Luck. From memory Tamara had a half brother named David Simpson and it would be good if he made a reappearance too.

Yeah, Olivia would be good and her and Irene were very close. What is it about Irene never again mentioning kids she was close to!!

I'd love to see Olivia too. Rachel McGregor would be good also.... she could randomly turn up at Leah's (since Jesse & Leah used to go out) and feel the void left by Charlie & Ruby.

I know these ones aren't old enough yet but Baby Ella (Tasha & Robbie) could turn up at Irene's, Harry Holden could turn up at his Aunt Gina's.

Archived