H&A in NZ becoming G-rated?

Guest ~JarlieFanEver~

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just saying in the Bayside Diner section; I think the PG rating could have made the show really cool, if they used to to show gritty drama and then watch the characters react as humans, on an emotional level (like the show used to be, but just with more grit). But no.... it seems like the new producers prefer to show cold hearted criminals and sex obsessed teenagers instead. I.e PG = Tacky. Such a shame.

• 4 months later...

Was watching Episode 5541 here last night in NZ so surprised they cut out a scene. Okay let me tell you...what happened before that: Dexter and April walked to their bedroom and then ad break and then later, H&A come back on showing April and Dexter walking into the lounge to find Indi in tears. :o

The scene they had cut out is of

Dexter and April taking their tops off and falling onto the bed, and then getting off the bed and putting their tops back on after hearing Indi crying... And that's it.

Was watching Episode 5541 here last night in NZ so surprised they cut out a scene. Okay let me tell you...what happened before that: Dexter and April walked to their bedroom and then ad break and then later, H&A come back on showing April and Dexter walking into the lounge to find Indi in tears. :o

Dexter and April taking their tops off and falling onto the bed, and then getting off the bed and putting their tops back on after hearing Indi crying... And that's it.

Whoah! Your G rating must be even stricter than ours.

Whoah! Your G rating must be even stricter than ours.

Ever since this happened TV3 has become really strict when it comes to H&A.

During the episode, two adult characters, Martha and Liam, began kissing and Liam removed Martha's bathrobe, leaving her in a bra and pyjama pants. Liam then lay back on a table while Martha straddled him as they continued to kiss until another character walked in.

Oh how absolutely outrageous! :rolleyes: The murders and drug use though, within standards? <_<

Didn't Home and Away start becoming classified PG during the Stalker storyline in 2005?

It is PG rated in Australia, but edited to a provide a 'G' classification in NZ by the looks of it.

Didn't Home and Away start becoming classified PG during the Stalker storyline in 2005?

It did, but only because it was an on-going storyline. Once the stalker storyline was finished they were quick to change it back to G, and it was also on at 5.00pm back then which would of made it worst with complaints. As I've said in one of my older posts TV3 really does need to change H&A to a later time, so we can view all of the scenes.

It did, but only because it was an on-going storyline. Once the stalker storyline was finished they were quick to change it back to G, and it was also on at 5.00pm back then which would of made it worst with complaints. As I've said in one of my older posts TV3 really does need to change H&A to a later time, so we can view all of the scenes.

In general though, I think Home and Away were allowed to up to PG from 2005 onwards. It may even have started in 2004 with the Sarah Lewis plot. Until then it was only ever produced as a G rated show. And even the G rated episodes were cut to pieces in the UK during the 90's.

• 1 month later...

Archived