H&A in NZ becoming G-rated?

Guest ~JarlieFanEver~

There was a change to legislation I think that allowed Home & Away to have occasional PG episodes from 2005, it's only recently it's always been PG but it has understandably caused a number of knock-on issues for international broadcasters who show the programme in earlier timeslots (5:30 in NZ, 6 in the UK and 6:30 in Ireland.)

The show used to get hacked to pieces when it was on ITV in the late 90s, so I share New Zealand's pain!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the...??? :o Just had finished watching the repeating of H&A (Episode 5618) 5 minutes ago, I was surprised but strange to notice TV3 had cut out the part of

Dex struggling to undo April's top...It just began with April pulling back from Dexter after kissing and then later, April holding Dexter's hands saying; "Let take it slow" but the part of Dex struggling to undo April's top is cut out

Weird, isn't it? :huh:

• 5 months later...

I've just been watching episode 5714. I think it will be interesting to see if TV3 play

the flashbacks in the backseat that lead to Rosie's rape

with TV3 now being so strict on what scenes they allow to play on NZ screens, it won't surprise me one bit if those flashbacks get cut out.

I've just been watching episode 5714. I think it will be interesting to see if TV3 play

the flashbacks in the backseat that lead to Rosie's rape

with TV3 now being so strict on what scenes they allow to play on NZ screens, it won't surprise me one bit if those flashbacks get cut out.

I had been thinking the same too.. Hope they won't cut the flashbacks out but I got a bad feeling they may will.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed a few weeks ago, TV2 blanked out the word 'dead'. Can't remember the line, but Oscar was talking about Ethan. I think he said something like "He's probably dead"... I dunno, bottom line they blanked out 'dead'. Which is so stupid, who would write in and complain about that? :huh:

I noticed a few weeks ago, TV2 blanked out the word 'dead'. Can't remember the line, but Oscar was talking about Ethan. I think he said something like "He's probably dead"... I dunno, bottom line they blanked out 'dead'. Which is so stupid, who would write in and complain about that? :huh:

Oh really? :o What episode was that from? I can't remember seeing it in the subtitles. Weird... :huh:

• 1 month later...

Man they really should air it at a different time then, can't stand it when networks cut into shows - show it as it's supposed to be shown or don't show it at all!!!

Yeah exactly! I agree with you. I hate it how parts are cut out from the show because of G-rating! It's all thanks to that stupid sex scene between Liam and Martha at the farmhouse that aired in 2010! <_<

Archived