H&A in NZ becoming G-rated?

Guest ~JarlieFanEver~

Hey I had been noticing some stuff that were cut out of H&A in Episode 5434 and 5435 on NZ screens. :o I thought I should post a topic about it.

Sorry if it contains spoilers for UK viewers so thought best to put in spoiler tags... because I don't know where to post the topic into any thread... :unsure:

5434-the scene of Stu lying there bloodied after Sid gave him a beating was cut out of the episode

5435-The parts of Heath and April about to take one each other's clothes off and about to have sex were cut out of the episode.

I wonder if H&A is becoming G rated here in NZ and may cutting out the inappropriate stuff e.g. violence and sex...? :huh:

I wonder if some people (who watch the show) may be complaining about the rated stuff in it e.g. violence and sex, etc... that's not suitable for children to watch... you know...? Because it airs at half 5pm in New Zealand.

Sorry if it sounds confusing and etc.. so I thought I just want to point it out, that's all.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a sex scene a couple of years ago between Martha and Liam which TV3 got fined for so it's understandable that TV3 has been a bit more careful with Home and Away.

Since Home and Away screens at 5:30 in New Zealand on a Free to air channel then by law it has to be G rated. This is because PGR rated shows (the equivalent of PG in the free to air ratings classifications) can only be screened between 9am and 4pm and 7pm and 6am. Since Home and Away used to be G rated in Australia this never used to cause any problems but now that the rating in Australia has changed, then TV3 may now be forced to cut scenes in order to make the show comply to a G rating. Either that or Home and Away's timeslot would have to be changed.

5434-the scene of Stu lying there bloodied after Sid gave him a beating was cut out of the episode

5435-The parts of Heath and April about to take one each other's clothes off and about to have sex were cut out of the episode.

Yeah I noticed that. I was waiting for the camera to show us

Stu's face

but instead it just finished without showing us.

I can imagine that being really frustrating. Even back in the 90's when the show was G rated, it would be regularly cut to pieces in the UK, such as the stuff with Chloe's rape and even random conversations or words they decided were inappropriate. I've often read how annoyed UK viewers were at the time.

That scene with Stu was quite gritty but I was glad they went there, its a shame some stuff is cut becuase you obviously dont get the full impact. But there are some scenes I wish they wouldn't even show over here like the sleazy sex stuff, which just comes across as that, sleazy and cheap.

The scene from this video @1.05 - 1.08 got cut from NZ screens. We only got to see 0.57 - 1.04.

Oh really? :o I missed 3 weeks of H&A when I was hoildaying in England/Ireland/Paris last year in August so must had missed that scene, so yeah.

I bet TV3 must had got many complaints about violence and sex scenes because it's not suitable for young children...

The scene from this video @1.05 - 1.08 got cut from NZ screens. We only got to see 0.57 - 1.04.

Oh really? :o I missed 3 weeks of H&A when I was hoildaying in England/Ireland/Paris last year in August so must had missed that scene, so yeah.

I bet TV3 must had got many complaints about violence and sex scenes because it's not suitable for young children...

TV3 needs to move H&A to a later time and change the rating to PGR so we can view all the scenes!

We still get occasional cuts here in the UK still, although Channel 5 aren't as bad as ITV used to be.They removed a couple of lines between Liam and Gypsy towards the end of last year where Liam refers to Mark as a "tosser"(which apparently isn't considered as offensive in Australia as it is here).It was incredibly jarringly done as well, with the conversation either side not really making sense.

Well.. this is a bit off topic but I don't know where else to ask?

This was a while ago but I remember when I was little I use to come home after school turned the TV onto Prime at 3.30pm and they had the old eps of H&A playing, was wondering if anyone knew why they stopped doing that?

#JustWondering (:

Been meaning to ask for ages! but it always seems to slip my mind.

Archived