What Are You Afraid Of?

Guest Samantha1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic couple of chapters!

Loved the flirtation between Charlie and Brax, :wub: sums those two up really

Poor Charlie! Nearly raped! At least Brax was there to save her this time, that should tell her that his isn't all bad boy......

I hope Charlie can not listen to her thoughts, Brax has showed his caring side, and he obviously like her very much.

Can't wait for the next update! :D

LOVED that !!!!!, especially.............

 “Shut up bitch.” Came a man’s deep voice. I stopped dead in my tracks and walked backwards, I squinted into the dark alley to see a tall man, slipping his hand up a tall, beautiful woman’s leg, Charlie.

I quickly ran towards them, “OI, GET OFF HER!” I yelled.

The man backed away from Charlie and backed away into the wall, he hit a dead end, there was no-where for him to go, I could have beaten him senseless then and there, but a sobbing Charlie made me realise that comforting her meant more than attacking the guy who tried to do this to her, I walked up to her and gently rubbed her arm comfortingly, before letting go and turning to face the man, I felt Charlie’s small hand delicately grip the end on my shirt,

“She wanted it, I swear.” The man backed further against the wall,

“Are you kidding me?!” I spat angrily, “She’s shaking, she’s crying!” I yelled, much louder this time, my own emotions clouding my judgment,

 her hand fell into her other one as she fumbled with her fingers aimlessly, she proceeded to tugging her dress down violently to the point where she nearly ripped it,

 as I pulled her hands away from her dress, she still couldn’t bring herself to look up at me.

 “He didn’t, he didn’t, y-y’know?” I asked, unable to say the words, she shook her head before she began to shake again, this time it got worse, her knees became slightly weak and she nearly fell but I gripped onto her waist,

 I carried Charlie inside and was greeted by a frantic Ruby,

“Oh my gosh Charlie, I heard what happened are you, alright?” She asked rapidly, Charlie nodded weakly, I walked over to a large table and placed her down on it, she let go of my shirt and replaced her hands to the fidgety state they were in before.

 “No.” I heard Charlie say, I turned around to face her, “Please, don’t go Brax.” I walked back over to her and stood beside her, “Please, can you just stay with me?” She asked as her hand searched for mine, I took hold of her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze,

“I’m here, I’m not going anywhere.” I said softly.

 fear I hadn’t experienced in 19 years came rushing back, except this time, nothing actually happened, because Brax got there in time; and as much of a criminal as everyone made him out to be, he was the furthest thing from it, in fact, he was actually my hero.

 “Dear Lord.” Came his reply, I looked at him quizzically, “You’re a copper?”

I laughed at his amazement and nodded, “Oh well done, you should get a medal.” I said sarcastically, he laughed at me,

“Well, that’s interesting.” He said.

“A good kind of interesting I hope.” I replied.

“Definitely.” He replied, I glared into his eyes and smiled, momentarily getting lost in them before his voice brought me out of my trance, “It makes you all the hotter.”

Great update,

So glad that Brax saved her!! It would have been horrible if she'd had to go through that again :(!!

I get that Charlie's still probably a bit nervous, given what nearly happened, but she seriously needs to give in to her feelings!!

More soon please :D

Great update. So glad Brax come to the rescue. :)

While I would like Charlie and Brax to get together, I think Brax was a bit....whats the word.....invading?? hmm...well he came on a bit strong, imo. Getting close to her, grabbing her hand, after what almsot happened the night before...I dunno, maybe it's just me though.

Looking forward to more.

Charlie's POV:

I walked across the beach, heading to the station, I was met by a very wet Brax, carrying his surf board, looking very attractive.

He grinned and nodded to me as he saw me, “Sergeant.”

I continued walking past him, “Mr. Braxton.”

“Hang on a sec, Charlie.” I turned around, whilst walking backwards.

“I can’t, I have to get to work.” I replied, I was about to turn back around before I tripped and fell right on my backside, I looked up and faced the bright blue sky, I felt my cheeks flush red and I sat up, Brax had dropped his board and was standing in front of me holding out his hands, I took hold of them as he pulled me to my feet before I burst out laughing at my own clumsiness before Brax started to laugh too.

“Are you okay?” He asked,

“Yeah I’m fine.” I replied, “Anyway, I really have to get back to work now!”

I turned around and walked away, not before hearing him call, “Don’t think about me too much!” I laughed to myself before I continued to walk away.

Brax’s POV:

Heath and I decided to go out for a surf, we ran out of the water to be met by Charlie,

Heath whistled at her, I just shook my head as we continued towards her, “Afternoon.” I said.

“I think it’s best if you guys steer clear of the bay for a bit.” Charlie replied.

“What? Why?” I asked, confused. She glared at me, giving me no response, Heath shook his head and walked off, “We’re not hurting anyone.” I continued.

“Yeah? Tell that to the complaints we’ve received, Brax.”

“It’s just a bit of harmless fun that some people around here can’t take.” I stressed the ‘some’ people referring to how hot and cold she was with me.

“Maybe some people just don’t like how you behave.” I said before turning and walking away.

Charlie’s POV:

I headed to the diner later on, for my lunch break, I sat down after ordering a coffee and a fruit salad, Leah said she’d bring over the coffee soon, I was sitting down, eating the fruit salad and reading the newspaper spread out in front of me, when someone’s presence distracted me, I glanced up to see Brax taking a seat opposite me, he nodded towards my fruit salad,

“Healthy option?” He asked.

“Also the tasty option.” I grinned, he smirked at me,

“What are you doing tonight?”

“I don’t know, why?”

He leaned closer over the table, his voice low and sexy, “I was thinking I could take you out for dinner.”

I laughed, had to admire the fact, the guy was perseverant.

“Brax, no.”

“What about the other night? You seemed interested then?”

“Oh what, the night I was nearly raped?” I asked in an angry whisper, he nodded, “Brax I needed comfort, and I was scared, you were there.”

I noticed the rather offended look on his face before I realised the words that had come out, ‘You were there’ I cursed myself knowing how rude it must’ve sounded, I opened my mouth to apologise but Brax shook his head and got up, leaving the diner.

Leah came over and placed my coffee down on the table, I absentmindedly thanked her before sighing and continuing to eat my fruit salad.

-6pm, beach.-

Ruby and I had agreed to go to the beach, requiring some mother/daughter bonding time. Ruby and I were sitting down, talking, looking out to the sea when a voice pulled use out of our alone time,

“Hey Rubes!” Came Casey’s voice, and of course she jumped up to greet him, I looked up to see Brax standing beside Casey, silent, and definitely not his usual charming self, I figured it might have had something to do with what I said earlier.

“Right, I think we’ll head off.” Ruby said.

“Rubes! Does mother/daughter bonding time mean nothing to you?” I asked.

“It does and I’m sorry, I will make it up to you!” She said before dragging Casey away, I smiled to myself before looking up to Brax, who still hadn’t said a word.

“Hey.” I said to him, he smiled,

“Hi.” He sat down on the sand beside me,

“I’m really sorry about what I said earlier Brax, it came out wrong, and must’ve sounded really rude.” He smiled, showing me he at least acknowledged my apology, “I just- the other night, I was scared, and I wanted to feel secure and you-”

He interrupted me, “So you felt secure with me?” He asked, a smiled threatening his lips, I bit my lip before nodding, not knowing why I had felt safe with him the other night, after all, I didn’t know him at all.

Brax’s POV:

I smiled as she agreed, saying she felt secure with me, I watched as she bit her lip.

“C’mon Charlie.” I said, breaking the sudden silence that had arisen.

“What?” She asked.

“I know you’re a cop, and I’m the ‘big bad-boy’, but doesn’t every girl love a bad-boy?” I asked, we glared into each other’s eyes, a tiny smile played on her lips, I grinned before I placed my hand on the small of her back, she didn’t hesitate or move away, instead she moved closer to me a tiny bit, I took advantage of this and leaned forward, significantly closing the gap between us, I moved my lips to hers and gently pressed them against hers, I felt her lips move in response, our lips locked within each other, shortly afterwards, I began to move my tongue towards her mouth, I reached her lips before she pulled away.

“No Brax, I already told you, this can’t happen.” She said some-what angrily, before she got up and stormed off.

I watched as she walked away and smiled to myself, she was so cute when she was angry, and our so far non-existent relationship was making progress, significant progress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Hello readers! Sorry this one was a lot shorter than the other ones, but I promise, future chapters will make up for it! :)

Archived