What Are You Afraid Of?

Guest Samantha1

Brax is so right...every girl does love a bad boy...and I'm sure Charlie is no exception to the rule :wink:

Great chapter....Charlie needs to stop confusing Brax and just give in to her feelings...at least they had a little kiss....there is hope for more :wub::lol:

Can't wait for the next one, update soon please :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ADORED that, especially.............

 I was about to turn back around before I tripped and fell right on my backside, I looked up and faced the bright blue sky, I felt my cheeks flush red and I sat up, Brax had dropped his board and was standing in front of me holding out his hands, I took hold of them as he pulled me to my feet before I burst out laughing at my own clumsiness before Brax started to laugh too.

 I turned around and walked away, not before hearing him call, “Don’t think about me too much!” I laughed to myself before I continued to walk away.

 “It’s just a bit of harmless fun that some people around here can’t take.” I stressed the ‘some’ people referring to how hot and cold she was with me.

“Maybe some people just don’t like how you behave.” I said before turning and walking away.

 “Oh what, the night I was nearly raped?” I asked in an angry whisper, he nodded, “Brax I needed comfort, and I was scared, you were there.”

I noticed the rather offended look on his face before I realised the words that had come out, ‘You were there’ I cursed myself knowing how rude it must’ve sounded, I opened my mouth to apologise but Brax shook his head and got up, leaving the diner.

 “Rubes! Does mother/daughter bonding time mean nothing to you?” I asked.

“It does and I’m sorry, I will make it up to you!” She said before dragging Casey away,

 I bit my lip before nodding, not knowing why I had felt safe with him the other night, after all, I didn’t know him at all.

 “No Brax, I already told you, this can’t happen.” She said some-what angrily, before she got up and stormed off.

I watched as she walked away and smiled to myself, she was so cute when she was angry, and our so far non-existent relationship was making progress, significant progress.

Charlie’s POV:

I was sitting on the couch eating a fruit salad and flicking for something on the TV before there was a brief knock on the door, I placed the salad down on the coffee table before I got up to get it, the knocking then became continuous and annoying,

“Alright I’m coming!” I yelled, as soon as I opened the door I promised myself I’d have a go at the knocker for being so impatient.

As I opened the door I expected it to be Ruby on the other side having forgotten her keys, and oh boy was she gonna get a tongue lashing.

I flung the door open to see Brax on the other side, a huge grin on his face,

“Do you mind? I was sitting down, relaxing, eating, when you came along knocking on the door like an impatient little-”

He interrupted me before I ended up saying something extremely rude, “Well hello to you too.”

“Don’t patronise me.” I snapped.

“I wasn’t, calm down.”

I glared at him, causing his grin to widen, “Stop grinning at me!”I yelled before slapping his arm playfully, he grabbed it and pulled me closer to him, my body fell against

his.

His nose gently brushed past mine as he moved his lips closer to mine, I quickly pulled away and stepped back into the kitchen, he grinned before stepping into the doorway,

“Don’t you dare.” I warned, he grinned,

“Oh come on, Charlie, you’re feeling this just as much as I am.”

“I’m really not.”

“Oh yeah?” He asked smartly.

“Yes.” I replied smugly, thinking he had nothing against me,

“So explain yesterdays kiss.”

I suddenly remembered and blushed, “Aww, I made you blush.” He said as he reached out and stroked my cheek, I pushed his hand away but he grabbed hold of mine and held onto it tightly, not letting me pull away. I looked up into his eyes again, somehow he had managed to close the gap between us, again.

“Brax, no.” He grinned before edging closer to me again, I moved back.

“Honeeeeey, I’m home!” Yelled Ruby, coming through the back door, I pushed Brax away after he finally dropped my hand.

“Leave.” I warned Brax, he grinned, and didn’t budge, I was about to physically move him when Ruby came into the kitchen,

“Oh hey Brax, what are you doing here?” She asked.

“Nothing, he was just going.” I replied for him before glaring up at him, he smiled and nodded,

“Indeed I was, goodnight.”

I forced a smile so Ruby wasn’t suspicious, she shrugged her shoulders and headed into her room, I went back into the lounge for another night in front of the TV.

I just sat down when there was a knock on the door, I was just hoping it wasn’t Brax, because despite the fact Ruby was in her bedroom, I don’t think I’d be able to resist him any longer.

To my relief I opened the door to find Bianca on the other side, bottle of wine in hand, exactly what I didn’t need, I still felt groggy from the night on the fundraiser, if that was even possible.

“You, me, wine date, now.”

Before I had time to reply she stormed past me and slumped on the couch, I laughed before joining her,

“What’s wrong?” I asked, as I picked up my fruit salad and resumed eating it,

“Hold on, I forgot the glasses.” She motioned to get up, I stopped her,

“I’m not having any, Bianca, you keep it yourself.”

“Okay.” She jumped up and went to get a glass for herself, she never was one to drink it straight from the bottle, I on the other hand, if I looked as awful as she did, would just knock it all back.

“So?” I asked as she returned and began pouring her glass,

“Heath bloody Braxton, I keep trying to resist him but oh my gosh, he’s just so hot, but I’m with Liam, and I can’t go there, I just can’t.”

“I thought your relationship with him was practically dead in the water.”

“It is, well, the sex part is.” I laughed, “What are you laughing at miss? Yours is practically non-existent.”

“Excuse me!” I yelled.

“I’m sorry, but how long has it been since you broke up with Angelo?”

“Oh, I’ve had sex after Angelo.”

She looked at me questioningly, “What?”

“Oh please Bianca, yes alright, I’ve had a few one night stands.”

“Cha-aaaaaarlie Buckton!” She yelled.

“Exactly, so I’d rather not be in a relationship with someone if it was as dead as yours and Liam’s.” I said smartly.

“Fine.” She groaned. “Anyway, I keep running into Heath, and it’s always on the beach and he’s always just coming out from the surf and he’s always looking so goddamn

irresistible!”

I bit my lip slightly, she noticed this, “What?”

“I’m getting the exact same thing with another Braxton.”

“You and Brax?” She asked gobsmacked.

“No, there is no me and Brax, he just tries to make something of it.”

“There’s something you’re not telling me.”

I bit my lip again, “Alright, maybe, just maybe we could have kissed just a little bit yesterday.”

“Charlie Buckton!” She yelled.

“Would you stop screaming my name out, Ruby’s in her room.”

“Sorry.” She whispered. “But, it didn’t go anywhere?” She questioned.

“Naw, I ran off like a scared little girl, but then he came over about 5 minutes before you, and we were talking, and he tried it on again, but this time I definitely resisted, I’m just not sure if I’m strong enough to resist next time.”

“Don’t resist then.” She concluded as she finished her glass of wine and began pouring her second,

“Go easy, I’m not carrying you home.” She grinned at me, “But I can’t go there with Brax, I mean, my job Bianca, and the amount of run-ins they have with the law, it’d never work.”

“Charlie, you could make it work, plus I’m sure your peers at work would help you work something out so that you wouldn’t be working on Braxton-related cases.”

I silently sat there and absorbed what she had just said, and in my opinion, it made perfect sense, I shook the thought of Brax from my mind and tried to focus on what Bianca was going on about now.

-Next day, 4:30pm-

I had decided to go on one of my late afternoon strolls on the beach, when my sight caught a glimpse of Heath running out of the water, surf-board in tow, I laughed as I remembered the conversation with Bianca last night. She was right, he did have an extremely good body, but definitely not as good as Brax’s, and Brax was intelligent, funny and he certainly-

“G’day Buckton.” Heath’s voice brought me out of my daydream,

“Hi Heath.” I replied politely.

“You couldn’t do me a favour could ya?” He asked.

I raised my eyebrows, “Heath Braxton asking help from a copper, hmm.”

“It’s nothing law-related, I was just wondering what the story is with your blonde mate.”

A smile spread across my face, “You mean Bianca.”

“Yes.” He replied whilst blushing slightly,

I grinned before replying, “She’s got a boyfriend, Heath, but to be honest, I don’t think she needs much persuading.”

I was unaware of the presence of a new-comer behind me, “What do you mean?” Heath asked.

“Personally, I think she’s into you, her relationship with Liam isn’t going great, so maybe you could cheer her up.” I winked at him, hoping he understood so I wouldn’t have to go into detail, he nodded and smiled at me,

“Thanks.” He said before walking away, I laughed and turned only to hit my leg of a board,

“****!” I yelled, I looked up from rubbing my leg to see Brax grinning down at me, “Oh it would be you wouldn’t it.”

I stood up straight, and composed myself, “Sorry, you’re extremely clumsy you know that?”

“Yes, I do know that.” I replied.

His grin widened, “Anyway, what were you talking to Heath about?”

“Ah, he was just having some woman trouble with a certain friend of mine, he just wanted some advice.”

“Ah yeah? Maybe I should try the same thing to gain the interest of a certain woman I’m trying to impress.” He emphasised, I laughed before I turned around and left the beach.

-Charlie’s place, 9pm.-

I headed out of my room to answer the door, gosh I’m popular I thought before laughing to myself and opening the door, my smile faded at who I saw,

“Brax, Ruby’s home, can you please leave?”

“No she isn’t, ‘cause she’s over at our place, with Casey.”

I blushed at the fact he’d caught me out. I glanced up at him to see him grinning down at me, obviously pleased with himself that he caught me out, he stepped in the

doorway slightly, this time I didn’t move away, his body was almost touching mine.

His voice turned into a low, husky tone, “So, I take it you’re alone?” He asked, I glared into his eyes and nodded before biting my lip, I gently reached out and fiddled with the bottom of his t-shirt, never moving eye contact from him. He slowly moved his head closer to mine, I couldn’t take the wait, instead I moved my head closer to his and forcefully pressed my lips on his, I let go of his shirt and stepped away to see his reaction, his grin widened and he stepped in the door, closing it behind him, he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me close, I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled his head back down to mine again as we indulged in a passionate kiss. Again, he was the first one to enter his tongue into my mouth and this time I opened wider, allowing him to enter as our tongues entwined themselves in each other. I untangled my arms from around his neck and moved them down to his belt, I began to fiddle with it.

Suddenly I heard keys in the back door, I broke apart from Brax and pushed him towards the front door, I opened it and pushed him out, he pulled me out with him, refusing to let me go,

“That’s Leah, I have to go.” I said breathlessly as he began to plant kisses down my neck, “Brax.” I said again, not wanting him to go but knowing he had to.

I pushed him away from me, with more force this time,

“Alright.” He replied, getting the point, “But I’ll see you tomorrow?” He asked, I nodded hastily before I kissed him again then headed back inside and shut the front door, fixing up before I faced Leah, my heart beating a million to the dozen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! This will be the last update before Christmas so Merry Christmas, hope you all have a lovely one!x

LOOOVED that, especially.............

 As I opened the door I expected it to be Ruby on the other side having forgotten her keys, and oh boy was she gonna get a tongue lashing.

I flung the door open to see Brax on the other side, a huge grin on his face,

 “Don’t you dare.” I warned, he grinned,

“Oh come on, Charlie, you’re feeling this just as much as I am.”

 “Honeeeeey, I’m home!” Yelled Ruby, coming through the back door,

 I was just hoping it wasn’t Brax, because despite the fact Ruby was in her bedroom, I don’t think I’d be able to resist him any longer.

 “Heath bloody Braxton, I keep trying to resist him but oh my gosh, he’s just so hot, but I’m with Liam, and I can’t go there, I just can’t.”

“I thought your relationship with him was practically dead in the water.”

“It is, well, the sex part is.” I laughed, “What are you laughing at miss? Yours is practically non-existent.”

 “You and Brax?” She asked gobsmacked.

“No, there is no me and Brax, he just tries to make something of it.”

 “Charlie, you could make it work, plus I’m sure your peers at work would help you work something out so that you wouldn’t be working on Braxton-related cases.”

 I raised my eyebrows, “Heath Braxton asking help from a copper, hmm.”

“It’s nothing law-related, I was just wondering what the story is with your blonde mate.”

 “****!” I yelled, I looked up from rubbing my leg to see Brax grinning down at me, “Oh it would be you wouldn’t it.”

 I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled his head back down to mine again as we indulged in a passionate kiss.

Ah!! Sorry I've only just caught up and omg! The last part gave me butterflies <3 I'm so glad Charlie finally gave in to Brax's charms, it was only a matter of time...

Cannot wait for the next chapter!! Absolutely amazing update!

Hope you had a good Christmas :)

Archived